THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Where can I find +1 to wound?

Go down 
+3
withershadow
dumpeal
Ultra Magnus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ultra Magnus
Hellion
Ultra Magnus

Where can I find +1 to wound? Empty
PostSubject: Where can I find +1 to wound?   Where can I find +1 to wound? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2018, 16:40

We have a number of weapons, warlord traits, and abilities, that state "on a 6+ to wound...", but in flipping through the codex I can't find anything that provides a +1 buff to wounding (outside of Master Nemesine) that would put it over a natural 6. Ditto for Aeldari and Harlequin codexes.

Am I missing anything?

Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find +1 to wound?   Where can I find +1 to wound? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2018, 17:03

Some poison weapon have a +2 to wound.
Back to top Go down
Ultra Magnus
Hellion
Ultra Magnus

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find +1 to wound?   Where can I find +1 to wound? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2018, 17:21

True, that does cover the Lhamean but there are a host of other options that do not overlap with either that or the ability for a Master Nemesine Haemonculus to take. For example:

* Baleblast
* Haywire Blaster
* Stunclaw
* Spirit Leech Tentacles
* Spirit Vortex
* Spirit Siphon
* Lethal Precision (Klaivex ability)
* Hexrifle

At this point, baring some revelation, I have to assume the 6+ was included to grandfather in future rules, modifiers, stratagems etc. that may provide the ability.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find +1 to wound?   Where can I find +1 to wound? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2018, 21:50

They should change Drazhar’s aura to +1 to wound, that would make Incubi sweet.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find +1 to wound?   Where can I find +1 to wound? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2018, 23:08

Craftworlds have a Runes of Battle power that provides +1 to wound, but Drukhari don't have a way to do that.

I think you are right that the use of 6+ is in case of changes to the rules in the future that would allow a modifier to the wound roll.

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find +1 to wound?   Where can I find +1 to wound? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2018, 19:54

I wonder if that means we will see a change to the combat drugs in the chapter approved later this year where instead of the +1 strength and +1 attack drugs, it's +1 to wound and +1 to hit drugs. That would gives us at least a little bit of synergy along the lines that some other armies have with those kind of abilities.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find +1 to wound?   Where can I find +1 to wound? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2018, 20:12

Archon_91 wrote:
I wonder if that means we will see a change to the combat drugs in the chapter approved later this year where instead of the +1 strength and +1 attack drugs, it's +1 to wound and +1 to hit drugs. That would gives us at least a little bit of synergy along the lines that some other armies have with those kind of abilities.

I think it's just a generalisation of the "to wound" rule. Everywhere, in every codex, it's always "6+" and never just "6". The + cause no problems and remove some weird things that happens. There is nothing to deduct from this.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find +1 to wound?   Where can I find +1 to wound? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2018, 06:31

The incubi have a stratagem that only works on unmodified 6es (since they can get +1 to hit XD).
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find +1 to wound?   Where can I find +1 to wound? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2018, 13:32

|Meavar wrote:
The incubi have a stratagem that only works on unmodified 6es (since they can get +1 to hit XD).

And it's pretty much a mess. Always keep the +
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find +1 to wound?   Where can I find +1 to wound? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2018, 12:42

dumpeal wrote:
|Meavar wrote:

And it's pretty much a mess. Always keep the +
To be specific, it's terrible because it's unmodifiable, it's in no way a mess as it was clearly intended for some unfathomable reason.

People need to remember that this is the standerd set up for detailing hit/wound stat interaction, remember there are armies out there with + and - modifiers on the wound roll so this just formalises how the interactions between codecies are set up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find +1 to wound?   Where can I find +1 to wound? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where can I find +1 to wound?
Page 1 of 1