THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wound allocation on multiple wound models

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

Wound allocation on multiple wound models Empty
PostSubject: Wound allocation on multiple wound models   Wound allocation on multiple wound models I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 14:28

Howdy,

I played in a tournament this weekend here in Houston and I think I should have won overall but I think I got talked into letting my opponent do some wound shenanigans on me.

So here is the set up. Top table, playing demons with Flamers and screamers

I have a lot of shots from multiple directions and models must be removed from the direction of fire. However, when shooting and screamers and flamers the argument is that the wounds on multiple wound models don't transfer to the closest model, so all 4 units had 4 or 6 models that each had a wound on them before enough fire power was delivered to finish them off.

I don't believe this is correct. Since the models are of the exact same type, ie no special characters or unit upgrade such as a champion, them the wound should move to the front and whole models removed.

My opponent tried to do this in hand to hand and I called him on it because the rule is clearly specific on how subsequent wounds are allocated.

Does anyone happen to know where the rule forallocation of shooting wounds is located in the book. I looked for it Saturday evening but I could not locate it. With the tournament circuit picking up here in Texas I would like to have all of these things hammered out.

By the way, and a little off topic, the move to infantry meta is pretty nice. I nearly tabled all of my opponents this weekend. Woot

Wound allocation on multiple wound models Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Wound allocation on multiple wound models   Wound allocation on multiple wound models I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 14:38

I'm not sure I quite understand what was happening. You would need to resolve each unit's shooting separately and wounds would be applied to the closest model to that unit. Page 15 goes over the basic rules.

Quote :
Next, allocate an unsaved wound to the enemy model closest to the firing unit. Reduce that model's Wounds by l. If the model is reduced to 0 W'ounds, remove it as a casualry. Continue allocating unsaved wounds to the closest model until there are no more wounds left, or the whole unit has been removed as casualties

If you have shots coming in from different directions then there could well be models with 1 wound lost from previous shooting attacks but unless they are the closest model to the current shooting attack there is no requirement to remove that model.

GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Wound allocation on multiple wound models   Wound allocation on multiple wound models I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 14:49

my question is do wounds have to move from one model to the next to remove whole models or not.

If I have 4 venoms all at different positions relative to the unit I am shooting, and the unit consists of multiple wound models, and I do 1 wound to the unit from each venom, then each closest model to the shooting unit takes a wound, but do the wounds from previous shooting move to the closest model in order to remove whole models.

Wound allocation on multiple wound models Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Wound allocation on multiple wound models   Wound allocation on multiple wound models I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 14:56

GAR wrote:
my question is do wounds have to move from one model to the next to remove whole models or not.

If I have 4 venoms all at different positions relative to the unit I am shooting, and the unit consists of multiple wound models, and I do 1 wound to the unit from each venom, then each closest model to the shooting unit takes a wound, but do the wounds from previous shooting move to the closest model in order to remove whole models.

Ah right. Short answer, no. You allocate to the closest model to the unit that is shooting. That can, and will, change when different units shoot. You can use this to your advantage with multiwound models by moving unwounded models to the outer edges of the unit during your movement phase. It's pretty much the last bastion of wound allocation shenanigans left in 6e.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wound allocation on multiple wound models   Wound allocation on multiple wound models I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wound allocation on multiple wound models
Page 1 of 1