THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Triple Razorwings in an ITC 2000 Tournament List Viable?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aeldariseer
Slave
Aeldariseer

Triple Razorwings in an ITC 2000 Tournament List Viable?  Empty
PostSubject: Triple Razorwings in an ITC 2000 Tournament List Viable?    Triple Razorwings in an ITC 2000 Tournament List Viable?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2018, 06:35

Hey Guys so I was wondering since I own 3 Razorwings with Dark Lances, would triple Razorwing Jetfighters be viable in a 2000 point ITC tournament list or just leave them home and take Eldar Hemlocks/Crimson Hunters?

Yay or Nay? Let me Know what you think?
Back to top Go down
Chippen
Kabalite Warrior
Chippen

PostSubject: Re: Triple Razorwings in an ITC 2000 Tournament List Viable?    Triple Razorwings in an ITC 2000 Tournament List Viable?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2018, 19:13

Viable? Yes, absolutely. A good idea? Well, if you're building for ITC you have to consider Big Game Hunter.

If you want to invest more and try to deny your opponents the Big Game Hunter, take the Hemlocks. If you want to keep it cheaper, go with 2x Razorwings and a Voidraven (sweet sweet void mine for the Grot/Talos blobs you'll almost certainly face).
Back to top Go down
Hazzer22
Slave
Hazzer22

PostSubject: Re: Triple Razorwings in an ITC 2000 Tournament List Viable?    Triple Razorwings in an ITC 2000 Tournament List Viable?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2018, 10:29

I think the jet fighters fill an interesting niche, they have a good amount of duality in terms of what they can target compared to the crimson hunter variants and are cheaper, it's tricky not to give away at least one easy secondary in ITC as likely you'll be running 3 ravagers as well so try to keep away from hordes and gangs to stop reaper etc.

The Hemlock is an excellent flyer, the fact that is has full power smite and access to Jinx really puts it in another league, though it is expensive and lacks an invulnerable save.

Ultimately yes I would say so
Back to top Go down
lessthanjeff
Sybarite
lessthanjeff

PostSubject: Re: Triple Razorwings in an ITC 2000 Tournament List Viable?    Triple Razorwings in an ITC 2000 Tournament List Viable?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2018, 15:17

Also the damn vector dancer advantage for an extra pivot. I'd be using my drukhari jets more if they could at least get that extra turn in after moving.

I don't think the void bomb is going to accomplish too much against grot or talos units though. I usually only see talos units of 2 and grots are infantry so 1 d6 per model. Plus, if you have poison shooting in your army already, I think you'll melt those units anyways.
Back to top Go down
Hazzer22
Slave
Hazzer22

PostSubject: Re: Triple Razorwings in an ITC 2000 Tournament List Viable?    Triple Razorwings in an ITC 2000 Tournament List Viable?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25 2018, 12:58

The bomb actually does pretty well against talos units of 3, I've seen a good few armies running 9 talos here in the UK, you'll average just under a talos per bomb then can use poison to pick off the last few wounds. If you can drop every squad down to 2 you'll significantly reduce the effectiveness of the strats available to the talos. But yeah it's probably gonna be a waste against grots, might kill 2 out of a ten man unit if you're lucky
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Triple Razorwings in an ITC 2000 Tournament List Viable?    Triple Razorwings in an ITC 2000 Tournament List Viable?  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26 2018, 06:54

I like them because they're disposable. If your opponent is keeping stuff in deep strike you can shunt your flyers up the board super-aggressively and block his entire deployment zone, preventing him from bringing on any of those reinforcements until at least turn 2 and forcing him to shoot at flyers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Triple Razorwings in an ITC 2000 Tournament List Viable?    Triple Razorwings in an ITC 2000 Tournament List Viable?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Triple Razorwings in an ITC 2000 Tournament List Viable?
Page 1 of 1