THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k competitive ITC Drukhari

Go down 
+3
merse24
Kantalla
colinsherlow
7 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

2k competitive ITC Drukhari  Empty
PostSubject: 2k competitive ITC Drukhari    2k competitive ITC Drukhari  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26 2018, 23:05

I have been playing around with similar lists and have been having really good luck so far.

This list of very close to what I would usually run except instead of 2 Razorwings jetfighters I took a grot  blob. I lose out on fire power, but gain a really resilient combat unit. And they are a threat that can't be ignored.

Anyways. 2k points

Blackheart battalion

Archon w/huskblade, blaster, pgl
Archon w/ poison blade (warlord)

3x5 kabalites w/ blasters

3x Ravagers w/ disintegrators

5  scourges w/ haywire blasters

Raider w/ Darklance

3xVenoms w/ splinter cannon and twin rifle

Prophets of Flesh battalion

Urien Rakarth

Haemonculus w/ venom blade

3x 5 Wracks w/ venom blade

8 Grotesques

Red Grief Patrol detachment

Succubus w/ archite glaive, blast pistol

5 wyches w/ shardnet and impaler

9 Reaver jetbikes

Raider w/ dark lance

I will for sure buy an extra relic and sometimes 2 extra depending on what I am up against.  

And have a warlord trait for each detachment.
Usually the living muse, blood glaive and sometimes the vexator mask if I expect the grots to get charged by something nasty right away like gene stealers, berserkers etc...

I have 1 Red Grief Raider because having with the the aethersails strat makes it incredibly fast and good at getting stuck in to absorb overwatch. Charge a not flying tank etc. It has been invaluable to me.

Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: 2k competitive ITC Drukhari    2k competitive ITC Drukhari  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27 2018, 12:43

Looks mostly solid. My preference would probably be for Craftworlds for psychic synergies, but the Wyches do a useful job too.

I'm assuming the Kabalites are going in the Venoms, the Succubus and Wyches are in the Red Grief Raider, and the spare Archon, and the Prophets Battalion are all on foot. If that is the case what is the Black Heart Raider for? Or do I have that wrong and the Black Heart Raider is for the Wyches and the Red Grief one is an empty tie up unit?

I like the Electrocorrosive whip for the Haemonculus, rather than a Venom Blade, but can understand going cheaply there, as not much will last combat with the Grotesques.

Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: 2k competitive ITC Drukhari    2k competitive ITC Drukhari  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27 2018, 15:04

I've run something VERY similar to this with good success. I ended up dropping the wych cult patrol, but mainly because of my own personal preference and I couldn't get the jetbikes to work the way I wanted them to.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 2k competitive ITC Drukhari    2k competitive ITC Drukhari  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27 2018, 16:29

I have been loving the reavers and succubus a lot. The wyches have been very solid with the shardnet.  I prefer electro whips as well.  Points are just tight in the list.

As for our craftworld friends. Yeah they are for sure great allies to have. If I add them I will prob drop the wych cult even though they har been great for me. Have a jetseer for doom, executioner and smite is great. And having warlock on bike with jinx is also amazing. I wouf just take that and 3 rangers if points allow. That so gives an extra 5 CPS. So that would give my st 18cps + d3 for the haemonculus WL trait

The 1 black heart raider is just more survivable and I haven't found the need for 2 red grief raiders. Although I might still make the blackheart raider red grief as well.

The unit placement for vehicles will very from game to game.  I have enough space for 6 of my 7 troop units + characters to be able to ride in vehicles.   The kabalites usually go in the venoms together.  The raiders are full. Just depends on what I want in them pending on the game

Sometimes I put 2  kabalite units in a raider and deep strike it. I have found that to be very useful at times. With the 2 blasts and dark lance they se as good as a lance ravager on the drop, plus they have a bunch of poison shots as well. It can be very useful at times

Slave
Hazzer22

PostSubject: Re: 2k competitive ITC Drukhari    2k competitive ITC Drukhari  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28 2018, 12:46

If you're doing the ITC championship missions you want to drop the Grots to 7, 8 means your opponent can get gang buster
Back to top Go down
Ashoka
Slave
Ashoka

PostSubject: Re: 2k competitive ITC Drukhari    2k competitive ITC Drukhari  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28 2018, 12:52

I'm pretty new to 8th ed and the Dark Eldar, so my question might be stupid. But why do you take the 9 Reavers in one big blob instead of 3 x 3 for Outrider (+1 CP) and the option to give them 3 CC weapons via Arena Champions? When toying with plans for expansion of my army I thought of 3 x 3 Reavers... Just asking, for my own (and maybe someone other's) education.
Back to top Go down
closecraig
Hellion
closecraig

PostSubject: Re: 2k competitive ITC Drukhari    2k competitive ITC Drukhari  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28 2018, 13:11

Ashoka wrote:
I'm pretty new to 8th ed and the Dark Eldar, so my question might be stupid. But why do you take the 9 Reavers in one big blob instead of 3 x 3 for Outrider (+1 CP) and the option to give them 3 CC weapons via Arena Champions? When toying with plans for expansion of my army I thought of 3 x 3 Reavers... Just asking, for my own (and maybe someone other's) education.

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but Reavers are often run with the +1 toughness drug. This makes them really tough - Toughness 5, 2 wounds and a 4+ save.

In order to maximise this drug (due to the way drug distribution works), reavers are often run in large blobs. I personally run 12 and have had incredible results.

EDIT: If you're looking to create an outrider detachment, filling the other two slots with 2 units of 5 scourges is often advised.
Back to top Go down
KabaliteSon
Hellion
KabaliteSon

PostSubject: Re: 2k competitive ITC Drukhari    2k competitive ITC Drukhari  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28 2018, 13:29

Just to add in, it helps with Strategems, spending 2 cps for Lightning Reflexes on 9 is better than 3, same with Eviscerating Flyby.
Back to top Go down
http://Sanguinesons@blogspot.com
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 2k competitive ITC Drukhari    2k competitive ITC Drukhari  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28 2018, 18:43

3x3 is good, but like has been mentioned by the others is that the toughness drug is great on the reavers. And the flyby strat is great for them as well. I would take a unit of 12 if I had the points as well.  I have absolutely been loving the reavers. Not for damage potential, but for a harassment unit.  

And good call on the grots. I will for sure consider it.
NOW if I drop the grot that gives me 35pts to play with. I am debating taking 2 blasters on the bikes just to give them another job. I could also drop the blast pistol from the succubus for 10 more points. She is less of a character assassin then, but still solid. I could get a few more reavers, but 3 of them heat lances or 2 with blasters and some grav talons. Or better weapons on the wracks etc... options! But which is best?

PostSubject: Re: 2k competitive ITC Drukhari    2k competitive ITC Drukhari  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k competitive ITC Drukhari
Page 1 of 1