THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Competitive 2K Drukhari/Ynnari

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sekac
Wych
sekac

Competitive 2K Drukhari/Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Competitive 2K Drukhari/Ynnari   Competitive 2K Drukhari/Ynnari I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30 2019, 02:32

I played in a local ITC tournament yesterday. Not because I'm a huge ITC advocate, but I'm happy to bring a warm body to the local scene. I was very impressed with Ynnari Incubi with Visarch support. At one point dishing out 15 wounds on a Chaos Knight with one squad of 5!

I'm planning on leaning further into this, by adding a 3rd squad and change out the Visarch in favor of Drazhar. Here's what I've got:

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [37 PL, 8CP, 695pts] ++

Detachment Type: Kabal of the Black Heart

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 61pts]: Huskblade, Splinter pistol, Writ of the Living Muse
Drazhar [6 PL, 100pts]: Warlord

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [2 PL, 38pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Shredder
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle
. 3x Kabalite Warrior
. 3x Kabalite Warrior

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [7 PL, 140pts]: Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [60 PL, 5CP, 979pts] ++

Detachment Type
. *Custom Coven*: Dark Technomancers, Hungry for Flesh

+ HQ +

Haemonculus [5 PL, 76pts]: Electrocorrosive whip, Splinter pistol
Haemonculus [5 PL, 76pts]: Electrocorrosive whip, Splinter pistol

+ Troops +

Wracks [3 PL, 51pts]
. Acothyst: Electrocorrosive whip, Haemonculus tools
. 4x Wracks
Wracks [3 PL, 51pts]
. 4x Wracks
Wracks [3 PL, 51pts]
. 4x Wracks

+ Elites +

Grotesques [8 PL, 140pts]
. Grotesque with Monstrous Cleaver: Flesh gauntlet

+ Heavy Support +

Talos [6 PL, 98pts]
. Talos: Chain-Flails, Macro-Scalpel
. . Two Haywire Blasters: 2x Haywire blaster
Talos [6 PL, 98pts]
Talos [6 PL, 98pts]

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 80pts]: Disintegrator cannon

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [18 PL, 1CP, 325pts] ++

Detachment Type: Ynnari Detachment

+ HQ +

Yvraine [6 PL, 115pts]: 5. Shield of Ynnead, 6. Ancestors' Grace

+ Elites +

Incubi [4 PL, 70pts]
. 4x Incubi
. Klaivex: Demiklaives
Incubi [4 PL, 70pts]
. 4x Incubi
Incubi [4 PL, 70pts]
. 4x Incubi

++ Total: [115 PL, 14CP, 1,999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

The alternate version I've debated is putting Drazhar in the Coven battalion (and dropping a haemonculus), and then adding the Visarch back into the BH battalion. This would further enhance my Incubi but, I think ultimately it serve me better to have 2 haemonculus auras--one for the Talos, one for the Raiders.

I tend to be an aggressive player and this list will suit that nicely. It gives up Big Game Hunter pretty easily, but all DE lists do. Otherwise it doesn't give up a lot of easy to score secondaries. Headhunter and Marked for Death could end up being traps.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ShamPow1999
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 2K Drukhari/Ynnari   Competitive 2K Drukhari/Ynnari I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30 2019, 05:29

Couple of questions:
Which units will be footslogging or are going to be Webway Stratagem'd in?

Right now it sees you have three Raider Transports and 3 units of Warriors, 3 Units of Wracks, 3 Units of Incubi and a unit of Grotesques that wouldn't mind a ride. I would suggest keeping units on foot cheap (especially Warriors and Wracks that aren't Prophets of Flesh) or cutting them out entirely because if they're caught in the open they're not that hard to kill.

Either turning the Kabal or Coven Battalion into a Spearhead could work too. You could cut around 200 points (1 Haemonculus, 15 Wracks) for another two Raiders for additional anti-tank and some transport capacity.

Why Dark Lances on the BH Ravagers?

I think you have quite a lot of anti-tank in the list (which is never a bad thing). Have you considered using Dissies on the Ravagers?

I mainly use Flayed Skull for the Ignore Cover/+1 to hit Stratagem on units that Fly with an Archon nearby (because I find very little use for them for any other task) if anything, but I re-rollings 1s to hit and to wound with Black Heart Ravagers also sounds pretty tempting. I'm thinking you mainly chose Dark Lances instead because you expect your Incubi to be doing most of the anti-MEQ work?

Pretty interesting list, out of curiosity why 3 units of 5 Incubi and not 1 or 2 larger units? I would think it's easier to support fewer but larger squads but I don't have much experience fielding that many Incubi.

Last edited by ShamPow1999 on Mon Dec 30 2019, 05:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 2K Drukhari/Ynnari   Competitive 2K Drukhari/Ynnari I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30 2019, 18:29

Thanks for your reply, other perspectives always shine lights in the dark corners of my process, so I appreciate it.

I meant to specify how my transports will be used, but dropped the ball. The plan is to have the squads of warriors and Incubi in the raiders.

Depending on the battlefield, scenario, deployment type, and opponent's choice of secondaries, I have options with the grotesques. One thing I like is what I call "The Springboard". Rather than slog grotesques up the table, I start them embarked and deploy them turn 1. This gives them an extra 3"+39mm to their first turn movement. 11.5ish"+D6 advance if there are no turn 1 charges. If I do that, I just keep the warrior squad and Incubi squad nearby and hop in as soon as the grotesques are on the move. But more often, I will probably be deep striking and hoping to wreak havoc in some corner of the board with that +1" to charge distance.

The wracks will be foot slogging. 2 I usually nominate as Engineers and keep them out of harm's way
The 3rd unit, I'll be running up the board and hoping to absorb overwatch.

I've been running at least 2 dissie ravagers (and often one dark lance, but sometimes all dissies) with flayed skull for the most part. I still like dissies, but feel the meta has passed them by in a lot of ways:
1) They're no longer cheaper than dark lances.
2) I feel like I'm coming across a lot more tech that halves incoming damage.
3) Damage 2 weapons can be taken in abundance with Dark Technomancers. I'd rather take 2 DT venoms over a dissie ravager these days.
4) Between Incubi, Drazhar, damage 2 haywire blasters, and damage 2 attacks from the talos, I feel I've got enough anti-primaris gear.

Basically, dissie ravagers are specialized at killing ONLY the 2 wound primaris marines, and that's too specific of a niche considering their drawbacks.

The main reason for the 3 units of Incubi is to fill out the vanguard detachment. Remember though, demiklaives are free now, and with Drazhar nearby, are quite deadly. So 3 klaivex with demi-klaives maximizes the number of dice I roll, and therefore, the chances of rolling a 6 to wound.

Thanks again for the input. You did get me noodling on some of these concepts though, and I think I know one change I'd like to make. If I'm using grotesques primarily as a disruption unit, I can justify taking only 3. If I drop one, I can upgrade all the shredders on my warriors to blasters. I like that better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 2K Drukhari/Ynnari   Competitive 2K Drukhari/Ynnari I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Competitive 2K Drukhari/Ynnari
Page 1 of 1