THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Non Black Paint Paint Schemes

Go down 
+6
Kesharq
Evil Space Elves
CraftworldSpy
Marquis Vaulkhere
Deneris
Angrypeasant
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Angrypeasant
Hellion
Angrypeasant

Non Black Paint Paint Schemes Empty
PostSubject: Non Black Paint Paint Schemes   Non Black Paint Paint Schemes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 01:53

I just ordered my mega deal for the start of my army, and I was wondering if anyone could share thier thoughts and ideas. I have seen lots of black or purple based armies, and I wanted to do something different. The biggest problem about going away from the black scheme is that I do not want my army to look like thier craftworld cousins.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: Non Black Paint Paint Schemes   Non Black Paint Paint Schemes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 02:12

There's always red of a hundred hues and shades. And blue, too...
Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: Non Black Paint Paint Schemes   Non Black Paint Paint Schemes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 02:49

Well Angrypeasant there are alot of potential schemes that dont look craftworld like but are still colorful and Evil.

I got inspiration for my army's color scheme from the gw site; Lords of the Iron Thorn FTW.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=cat440170a&section=&pIndex=0&aId=12800025a&start=1&multiPageMode=true

I like the look of the Bleaksoul Breathren... Something about brown Dark eldar and shark teeth Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
CraftworldSpy
Slave
CraftworldSpy

PostSubject: Re: Non Black Paint Paint Schemes   Non Black Paint Paint Schemes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 03:02

Red's a striking color, but tends to require a lot of layers, especially if you prefer working with black primer. Blue's a very cooperative, easy color to work with and Dark Eldar would look great in a dark blue color scheme.
Back to top Go down
Angrypeasant
Hellion
Angrypeasant

PostSubject: Re: Non Black Paint Paint Schemes   Non Black Paint Paint Schemes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 03:18

Thanks for the GW link.

I think I am going to stick with a black skin suit at least. The Bleaksoul Brethren are definately interesting, but the brown makes me think of my skaven army....

Maybe I could do an off white color with a yellowish tinge to it... like the creepy guy that has nicatine stains.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Non Black Paint Paint Schemes   Non Black Paint Paint Schemes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 05:38

I am quite keen on Hawk Turquoise with black under suits. You can add a touch of black to the the HT for a base color. I think that doing the hair/plumes in red with this would look quite good. I would probably paint my DE in that scheme if I had to do it over again. (My current DE army is based on the old DE that I painted 10-12 years ago, and yes-it is another purple army!))
Back to top Go down
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: Non Black Paint Paint Schemes   Non Black Paint Paint Schemes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 07:43

I have a dark metallic-blue colorscheme

prime black
paint boltgun
2 layers of asurmen blue
highlight with chainmail or mithril (my Archon & TB get gold instead of silvery highlights)

Hair + eyes get a red color as a contrast

it is easy, quick and dark. I will post some pictures when I get my cam back
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Non Black Paint Paint Schemes   Non Black Paint Paint Schemes I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2011, 14:06

There are 2 non black that come to mind.

my very own Black Halo

Link

and Caldera's white

You Tube battle Report
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
The Omnipotence
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Non Black Paint Paint Schemes   Non Black Paint Paint Schemes I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01 2011, 06:01

I chose the Bleaksoul Brethern scheme for my army and it turned out very well! It's striking on the battlefield and is really easy to do. Here's the formula:

Basecoat armor - dark flesh
Base coat cloth - charadon granite (foundation paint)
Wash the entire model Badab Black
Layer dark flesh back over the armor avoiding the groves
Highlight - snakebite leather
Final highlight - bubonic brown

Thats just for the armor parts, the flesh you can do whatcha like. To be honest the whole thing was an easy process, I used the GW spray gun to bo the basecoat and the wash and it took no time at all! I hope this helps, but I was in the same boat as you; I didn't want to do black.
Back to top Go down
Hankifer
Slave
Hankifer

PostSubject: RE: Non Black Paint Paint Schemes   Non Black Paint Paint Schemes I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31 2011, 01:07

Thought I'd throw in my two cents. I have the Kabal of Poison Ivy, and my paint scheme borrows from (you guessed it!) the classic Batman villain. So my army is painted in many greens, a few reds, and each soldier is a soulless ginger. I like it because it furthers the whole venomous army feeling. Also, who else would you base a scantily clad, well proportioned force on other than one of the best proportioned and least clothed villains of all time? Mwahaha.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Non Black Paint Paint Schemes   Non Black Paint Paint Schemes I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31 2011, 01:35

I paint my army in various colours, to represent different corsair fleets and backgrounds. My Kabalite warriors are rather classic black with blue highlights, my wyches are black with grey highlights on everywhere but the right side of armor, which is blood red, and my Blasterborn are fully grey with bone-looking gauntlets that have red-to-orange-to-yellow fingers.

I still have not quite figured how I'll paint my Wrack conversions and Haemonculus. Thinking greys for metal parts and maybe muted blue tones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non Black Paint Paint Schemes   Non Black Paint Paint Schemes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non Black Paint Paint Schemes
Page 1 of 1