THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dirty Tricks from the Dark City

Go down 
+5
UlrikTheSlayer
dumpeal
Faitherun
wormfromhell
AzraeI
9 posters
AuthorMessage
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

Dirty Tricks from the Dark City Empty
PostSubject: Dirty Tricks from the Dark City   Dirty Tricks from the Dark City I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02 2018, 15:56

Hello everyone,
I've seen some tricks and general nasty tactics in the few months I'm here, but now I'd like to ask what the most disgusting and thatguyish things are that you have done, seen or heard.
This can reach anywhere from deploying not WHOLLY within 3" of a Transport to The Unchargeable Raider.
Let your twisted minds run free
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Tricks from the Dark City   Dirty Tricks from the Dark City I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2018, 22:11

To get an almost guaranteed ds charge, drop your flying unit on top of a building with the unit to be charged down below, with the 9" vertical distance, and then feel free to charge, as it is measured horizontally.
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Tricks from the Dark City   Dirty Tricks from the Dark City I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2018, 22:33

wormfromhell wrote:
To get an almost guaranteed ds charge, drop your flying unit on top of a building with the unit to be charged down below, with the 9" vertical distance, and then feel free to charge, as it is measured horizontally.

That.... is devious

In a recent game, an opponent deepstruck his trygon and failed the charge which his hopes were all pinned on... rolling a 6 and 1

I reminded him that he could re-roll for it, making him all excited as he grabbed the 1 to -reoll, I noped him with AoV... and then got 2 of my CP back from the archon.

He has not forgiven me for that after 3 weeks and several other games
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Tricks from the Dark City   Dirty Tricks from the Dark City I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06 2018, 16:19

Faitherun wrote:
wormfromhell wrote:

That.... is devious

In  a recent game, an opponent deepstruck his trygon and failed the charge which his hopes were all pinned on... rolling a 6 and 1

I reminded him that he could re-roll for it, making him all excited as he grabbed the 1 to -reoll, I noped him with AoV... and then got 2 of my CP back from the archon.

He has not forgiven me for that after 3 weeks and several other games

This is not basic trolling. This is advanced trolling. I like it.
Back to top Go down
UlrikTheSlayer
Hellion
UlrikTheSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Tricks from the Dark City   Dirty Tricks from the Dark City I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2018, 09:10

wormfromhell, please show me the rules for your charge distance or FAQ as I believe distance even with fly keywords are calculated the same for movement than charge, if they ask you to be placed 9" away, your charge distance will always be 9"
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Tricks from the Dark City   Dirty Tricks from the Dark City I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2018, 09:44

UlrikTheSlayer wrote:
wormfromhell, please show me the rules for your charge distance or FAQ as I believe distance even with fly keywords are calculated the same for movement than charge, if they ask you to be placed 9" away, your charge distance will always be 9"

It's from the core rules FAQ:

Q: When a unit that can Fly declares a charge move against a unit that is on the upper levels of a ruin, do I need to include the vertical distance when making the subsequent charge move for the unit?
A: No. A unit that can Fly effectively ignores vertical distances when making a charge move. Note though that the charging unit must still be within 12" (measured directly ‘base-to-base’, i.e. diagonally) to be able to declare the charge in the first place.
Back to top Go down
UlrikTheSlayer
Hellion
UlrikTheSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Tricks from the Dark City   Dirty Tricks from the Dark City I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2018, 10:18

Perfect, I feel this is completely stupid from GW but whatever thank you. Never had someone use this yet against me but i believe its because distance are measured from base to base when setting up the model from DeepStrike so it still needs some distance and the correct piece of terrain.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Tricks from the Dark City   Dirty Tricks from the Dark City I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2018, 13:32

wait a minute, distances are measured base to base and in the case of our raiders base to closest point of the hull. Can we set up a raider with its bough facing upwards in a 45° angle, so it has almost no effect in weapon range but it becomes more difficult to charge?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Tricks from the Dark City   Dirty Tricks from the Dark City I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2018, 14:03

Count Adhemar wrote:
UlrikTheSlayer wrote:

It's from the core rules FAQ:

Q: When a unit that can Fly declares a charge move against a unit that is on the upper levels of a ruin, do I need to include the vertical distance when making the subsequent charge move for the unit?
A: No. A unit that can Fly effectively ignores vertical distances when making a charge move. Note though that the charging unit must still be within 12" (measured directly ‘base-to-base’, i.e. diagonally) to be able to declare the charge in the first place.

I have only recently come afoul of this rule. Absolute terrible wording, yet definitely first class trolling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Tricks from the Dark City   Dirty Tricks from the Dark City I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2018, 21:32

I have to ask....what is the unchargeable Raider? cyclops

That said, I don't think I've bumped into anything that feels really grimy, but I think a lot of players are still getting used to the fine points of movement in the charge and fight phase and when models are permitted or not permitted to be within 1" of each other.

That kind of pernickety movement/distance related stuff is something I'm paying a lot of attention to.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Tricks from the Dark City   Dirty Tricks from the Dark City I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2018, 22:48

the unchargeable raider was discussed in a rules thread a while ago
basically if you put the raider on an elevated position not much bigger than the base, and higher than an inch, the raider cannot be charged, because the bases of the charging models cant be set up within an inch of the base or the hull
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Tricks from the Dark City   Dirty Tricks from the Dark City I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2018, 01:01

Well, it is "flying", so to speak, and there is no hospitable terrain nearby for infantry to get close enough. I can see it as plausible. As long as you have enough terrain to play around with, I don't really see a problem with this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Tricks from the Dark City   Dirty Tricks from the Dark City I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dirty Tricks from the Dark City
Page 1 of 1