THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pompey Pillage - how Drukhari represented

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Pompey Pillage - how Drukhari represented Empty
PostSubject: Pompey Pillage - how Drukhari represented   Pompey Pillage - how Drukhari represented I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12 2018, 19:01

Just a egenral note.

My clubs annual tournament just finished (which I TOed), so I thought as a denizen of le ville sombre I would write out a brief note on our beloved True Kin's representation.

At the end final round, the second table (spaces three and four effectively palying for second place) were both mixed Aeldari armies.
Both were effectively Craftworld at their core, with one specific piece of familiarity - a Black Heart detachment. Specifically Black heart.
One side was running a Battalion of Warriors in Raiders with an Archon, the other a few Venoms in a Patrol. Both were there for Poisoned fire, but it seems that the real reason both fielded this was was just to throw down Labyrinthian Cunning and Agents Of Vect.
I watched a Vecting of Vect, and had to deal with the confusion of both players (who were havoing great fun) trying to work out the order things happen, are spent and how it works out. All over a bloody Lightning Reflexes.
But both got that far by hording Command Points which their Warlords were generating, and making good use of them to power other upgrades and rerolls.

Though, for fun, the top tabkle ended up being an utter Cadia. So the winner of this Aeldari-off on table two also ended up winning the event.

There were two other armies which featured Drukhari.

One was also an allied force, but more Drukhari and less Craftworld. This ended up at table six at the end, having used similar tactics but this particular force had Craftworld (Farseers, Dark Repaers) allied with Wyches, and this did not seem to be working out for them. Those Wyches were just being shot to pieces before they got anywhere (at least in the last few games when I was paying more attention), so the army wasn't able to really get much headway in completing objectives or killing enemy units.

The other was the only pure Drukhari force in the whole tournament. This guy ran an Alliance of Agony - core Kabalite fund of many guns and blasters, Coven Spearhead of Talos, and a CUlkt showing in a Battlaion of Wyches. Again, the Wyches just seemed to get shot to hell. The Talos soaked a lot and managed to run forward and do some damage, the kabaliutes supporting with much firepower, but again I have to say the Wyches let the army down. They do "ok" in combat, but just die to easily before they get there.

Thats all.

True moment of greatness: A T'au Tiger Shark Fighter-Bomber is armed with two Heavy Burst Cannons, two Burst Cannons, two Missile Pods and six Seeker Missiles.
Many hits, many wounds.
And like a boss, I watched a Shadowfield soak the whole damn lot.
Glorious.

The event now over, I have already polished off half a bottle of Jack Daniels.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Pillage - how Drukhari represented   Pompey Pillage - how Drukhari represented I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13 2018, 14:49

It was a great event, and I thoroughly enjoyed it - despite losing 4 of my 5 matches.

And thanks for giving my army a mention - I was the pure Drukhari player (assuming it was me you were on about). I do agree that the Cult side of my army (which, just to clarify, was an outrider detachment, not a battalion) let me down a bit - with the possible exception of the Succubus, whose 3++ and Blood Glaive made her slightly more useful than the rest.

Best matches for me were round 2 against Thousand Sons - my only victory - and the final match against Necrons, which was close the whole way through. In the latter, my 3 Archons really proved themselves, tanking around 40-50 wounds between them without a single Shadowfield failure - about the only match where the Shadowfields didn't fail. Still ended up losing 28-21, but was a lot of fun.

Overall, I had a great time there, and look forward to returning next year. Whether I'll bring s pure Drukhari list again, I can't say... yet.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Pillage - how Drukhari represented   Pompey Pillage - how Drukhari represented I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13 2018, 15:58

Glass Battleaxe wrote:
It was a great event, and I thoroughly enjoyed it - despite losing 4 of my 5 matches.

And thanks for giving my army a mention - I was the pure Drukhari player (assuming it was me you were on about). I do agree that the Cult side of my army (which, just to clarify, was an outrider detachment, not a battalion) let me down a bit - with the possible exception of the Succubus, whose 3++ and Blood Glaive made her slightly more useful than the rest.

Best matches for me were round 2 against Thousand Sons - my only victory - and the final match against Necrons, which was close the whole way through. In the latter, my 3 Archons really proved themselves, tanking around 40-50 wounds between them without a single Shadowfield failure - about the only match where the Shadowfields didn't fail. Still ended up losing 28-21, but was a lot of fun.

Overall, I had a great time there, and look forward to returning next year. Whether I'll bring s pure Drukhari list again, I can't say... yet.

Awesome to hear you enjoyed it!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Pillage - how Drukhari represented   Pompey Pillage - how Drukhari represented I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pompey Pillage - how Drukhari represented
Page 1 of 1