THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Not Enough Dakka - 2k Kabalite

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Czernobog44
Slave
Czernobog44

Not Enough Dakka - 2k Kabalite Empty
PostSubject: Not Enough Dakka - 2k Kabalite   Not Enough Dakka - 2k Kabalite I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2018, 17:39

Battalion - Obsidian Rose

HQ (192 pts)
Archon (Index) - Blaster, PGL
Archon (Index) - Blaster, PGL

TROOPS (322 pnts)
Kabalite Warriors (5) - Blaster
Kabalite Warriors (5) - Blaster
Kabalite Warriors (10) - Shredder x2

HEAVY SUPPORT (450 pts)
Reaper
Reaper
Reaper

TRANSPORT (450 pts)
Raider - DL
Raider - DL
Raider - DL
Venom
Venom
Venom

DET TOTAL: 1414

Spearhead - Black Heart

HQ (76 pts)
Archon - Warlord, Lab. Cunning, Writ

HEAVY SUPPORT (375 pts)
Ravager - Dissie 3x
Ravager - Dissie 3x
Ravager - Dissie 3x

FLYER
RWJF - Dissies

DET TOTAL: 586 pts

ARMY TOTAL: 2000 pts ; 9 CP

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pretty straightforward gunline list. I have been running a Kabalite list with a CW detachment (JB  Farseer, 3x Fire Prism, & Hemlock) with dissies on all my DE, but wanted to transition to an all Kabalite list.  

Overall, this list gives me 3 + 3d6 DL (all at 42"), 4 Blasters (24"), 6 Shredders (18"), and 11 Dissies (36")

The Reapers provide the core of my anti-tank and one of the OR archons is meant to babysit them for the to-hit re-roll. I've gone back and forth on weather to have them in this detachment or the BH detachment to have the writ archon buff them. Ultimately I went with OR to maximize their range & keep them stationary on less I have to move them for defensive purposes.  If I face a horde army, OR also helps reduce the range penalty of the Blast profile.

The 10 man Kabalite squads go into the Raiders and are my forward ranging units for taking down infantry and nabbing objectives. In the past, I had been running my 10 man squads in dissie raiders with 2 shredders and a splinter cannon.  However, I have not gotten much production out of the splinter cannons & I have been facing a lot of T6 & T7 recently, so I decided to drop the cannons and use some of the points to move the raiders back to DLs.

The Ravagers & RWJF are all dissie, giving them flexibility to do well (or at least ok vs T6 & T7) against whatever units appear on the field.  BH gives me access to Agents, if needed, and adds a little bit of survivability to the vehicles.

The 5 man squads in Venoms (my other index Archon being in the third venom) are additional forward ranging units to get some darklight against characters and any heavies that may be hiding.  This was the last addition to the list; I had been considering going with Drazhar & 9 Incubi in a Raider to add some CC ability, but ultimately decided on moar dakka.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this list has answers to most types of lists. The biggest weaknesses I see are if i CC army got in quick enough (Dawn of War & Front Line Assault maps would not be my friend). Psychic, as always is another weakness, but I can always spend the CP to Helm of Spite & use the venoms & raiders to take down problematic psychers.

Any thoughts, advice, or critiques are welcome.

As a pre-emptive comment, I only have the one RWJF right now. I do have a Voidraven, but went with other units instead. Though the S9 Void Lances would be a nice addition against the current prevalence of Imperial Knights.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: Not Enough Dakka - 2k Kabalite   Not Enough Dakka - 2k Kabalite I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2018, 21:46

I love big guns, this list looks like a lot of fun - I play a similarish list with Fliers replacing Reapers, basically.

I would move as many of the transports to the Black Heart detachment as you can, I don't find I get much mileage from the Obsidian Rose Obsession on my vehicles.

It is tough not having any CC capabilities beyond the Archons, I don't think a pair of Archons together is a crazy force to be reckoned with or anything but I think you're better off just playing aggressively with them, they can help protect your Kabalites. I wouldn't commit a non-WotLM Archon to babysit.

When I want some combat capabilities I bring Mandrakes, rather than Incubi (I'm sad about this, but the cool factor of Incubi just doesn't make up for how outclassed they are by Mandrakes imo).

But I think if you went the Incubi route just pack 5 in a Venom. They're just under twice as much as a squad of Kabalites with Blaster and perform a good cleanup role to supplement your shooting. If your opponent wants to prioritize this Venom's removal then that's okay
Back to top Go down
Czernobog44
Slave
Czernobog44

PostSubject: Re: Not Enough Dakka - 2k Kabalite   Not Enough Dakka - 2k Kabalite I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2018, 23:11

lcfr wrote:
I would move as many of the transports to the Black Heart detachment as you can, I don't find I get much mileage from the Obsidian Rose Obsession on my vehicles.

Thanks for this advice. I always forget that DE transports are for Drukhari Infantry and not <Kabal> so they don't have to be in the same detachment as what they are transporting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not Enough Dakka - 2k Kabalite   Not Enough Dakka - 2k Kabalite I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not Enough Dakka - 2k Kabalite
Page 1 of 1