THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chaos warhounds as khymerae

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
Mikoneo

Chaos warhounds as khymerae Empty
PostSubject: Chaos warhounds as khymerae   Chaos warhounds as khymerae I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26 2018, 01:46

Not sure if this has been discussed, but what do people think of chaos warhounds as khymerae?

The box of 10 is only just more expensive than a single pair, and while they have fur unlike the official model, they seem to have the mutations down
Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

PostSubject: Re: Chaos warhounds as khymerae   Chaos warhounds as khymerae I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26 2018, 14:21

I suppose they could work. And you're getting a decent unit's worth for your money.

Personally, I think if I was using them, I'd probably do a little bit of kit-bashing to make them look more unique - maybe using spares limbs from a Chaos Spawn kit or something - but that's just my two cents; they look pretty good as they are.

On the subject of kit-bashing, here's some AoS-based Khymerae I made earlier using some Gryph Hounds and spare tentacles from the Talos engine kits. Sure, these will be more expensive for a large unit compared to the Warhounds, but I like the whole avian look to them - plus, they're on the same size bases as the GW Khymerae, which means they don't look too out of place.
Chaos warhounds as khymerae 20180910
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Chaos warhounds as khymerae   Chaos warhounds as khymerae I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2018, 15:50

I used the Chaos hound for my Chimerae. They look great.

I decided to go for a Ghostly look for mine, and therefore painted them white and then washed them with Nikhilak Oxide. (figured that worked well with the fluff of them blinking in and out of existence). I did buy the larger bases to put them on too and they look perfect.

I do like those gryphhounds with the tentacles too though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos warhounds as khymerae   Chaos warhounds as khymerae I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaos warhounds as khymerae
Page 1 of 1