THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dealing with Psyker heavy armies?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

Dealing with Psyker heavy armies? Empty
PostSubject: Dealing with Psyker heavy armies?   Dealing with Psyker heavy armies? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2018, 21:49

Hi all,

I play casually with a small group of friends. Or, at least, I will soon. Im a slow and meticulous painter so its taking me a while to actually get my models done. Doesnt stop me planning though.

2 of the friends are Chaos Marines and Daemons. Both run heavy Psyker armies. Especially the Daemons guy, who has a named character and is nearly all spells.

How should I be dealing with that? From what I see from watching their games, and both of them playing against our Tau friend, they get a whole extra turn of killing things. Daemon guy in particular. Ideas? Tips?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Psyker heavy armies?   Dealing with Psyker heavy armies? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2018, 21:59

Helm of Spite for 1: You get 1 Deny and if you Deny it you deal D3 MW's (you actually force them to perils)
You can also have Haemonculus use CoF stratagems do deal D3 MW's to multi if you can get in on them
You can just try to kill them Razz
Finally, ally in CWE HQ's
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Psyker heavy armies?   Dealing with Psyker heavy armies? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2018, 22:22

My personal favorite is Razorwing Jetfighter Sniping. Get right up on a character then drop everything onto him.

Then watch your opponent be terrified of your planes and overcompensate
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Psyker heavy armies?   Dealing with Psyker heavy armies? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02 2018, 00:22

amishprn86 wrote:
Helm of Spite for 1: You get 1 Deny and if you Deny it you deal D3 MW's (you actually force them to perils)
You can also have Haemonculus use CoF stratagems do deal D3 MW's to multi if you can get in on them
You can just try to kill them Razz
Finally, ally in CWE HQ's

This is really all we need. Crucible of Malediction in particular can be absolutely devastating if someone's running a lot of weak psykers, but I've been finding that Helm of Spite + CWE psykers will shut down any enemy psychic lists.
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Psyker heavy armies?   Dealing with Psyker heavy armies? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02 2018, 15:12

If smite is your main issue it also help to have screening units be it warriors or beasts. Heck even Razorwing may be used to protect a more juicy target.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Psyker heavy armies?   Dealing with Psyker heavy armies? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dealing with Psyker heavy armies?
Page 1 of 1