THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Psyker sniping with WWP

Go down 
+5
FuelDrop
Myrvn
RedRegicide
Faitherun
dumpeal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Psyker sniping with WWP Empty
PostSubject: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 24 2017, 21:50

Since our new WWP stratagem allow us to deepstrike 1 or 2 units at 9'' of an ennemy, we can deepstrike 2 haemy at 9'' of a psyker blob, unleash the crucible of malediction and severely damage them. Do you think it's worthwhile?
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2017, 01:03

Depends on a myriad of factors, but it could be a tactical tool we can use.

I don't remember the range of the Crucible, but remember you have to come in more than 9" away, so if it's 9" on the crucible, you will be out of range
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2017, 02:11

12" range.

Yes I think its viable, but on average you'll only deal 2 wounds to each unit.

Alternatively, deepstrike hammy and grot behind cover, release contents, then charge. No overwatch b/c they cant see you, and statistically with our re roll either the grots or hammy should get in
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2017, 03:26

What about Incubi? You save the cost of the transport, but there is a decent chance they don't make the change. What about parking then behind LOS blocking terrain to force opponents to turn sound (well probably to the side)?
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2017, 03:36

If we could get the Rampage rule back on our Grots, this could be a very fun combo...
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2017, 03:56

Incubi are another really good option, you could run a squad of 10 and only have to pay 1 CP for it
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2017, 05:27

The Psyker Sniping trick seems a bit of an expensive gamble, but I suppose if it works then that is pretty awesome. Maybe pack some hexrifles to deliver the killing blow?
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2017, 09:37

Honestly, bringing 2 Haemies is something i'm ready to do (since they are our best HQ). And you don't have to pay for WWP.

So when you realize you're facing an army of psycher spam (brimstone, GSC, etc), pay for the stratagem and DS your haemy. In the other cases, don't do it. It's just a tactical option, that's why stratagems are so cool.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 26 2017, 01:10

Faitherun wrote:
If we could get the Rampage rule back on our Grots, this could be a very fun combo...

Or just make them +2 attacks, but yeah if they had more attacks i would used Grots via WWP like in 7th.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 26 2017, 22:34

It's pretty difficult to take any psyker into 12" when you're deepstriking.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27 2017, 14:22

It's situationnal at most, but I thought of that because all our HQ are taxes anyway. So, if I have to pay for them, let's try something with them...
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27 2017, 14:52

Cerve wrote:

Here you're only deepstriking one model, so it isn't that hard.

But this is mainly useful when facing GK, brimspam, or GSC
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27 2017, 17:27

Mppqlmd wrote:
Cerve wrote:

Not really, anyone today knows how to get some shield agains any DS.

For the "other purpose for our HQ" topic, I prefer have the Venoms at T6.
The WWP is great, but not in this way in my opinion
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27 2017, 18:39

Cerve wrote:
Mppqlmd wrote:
Cerve wrote:

But for the haemy to buff, he must be on the field and not in the venom. That reduce the mobility of the venom.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27 2017, 23:59

dumpeal wrote:
Cerve wrote:
Mppqlmd wrote:
Cerve wrote:

But for the haemy to buff, he must be on the field and not in the venom. That reduce the mobility of the venom.

Not so much in fact. It's 8"+D6+6", and most of the lists using him in this way are using Trueborn with double Lances, or 4 Blasters. So you don't need to move so much.
Anyway this is an useful strategy for the first/second round of fire, and you have to be smart to know when using this, and when is better to just move.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 12:57

Cerve wrote:

Everyone can bubblewrap in the first turn. Noone can keep an army of psychers entirely bubble-wrapped over the course of a game.

There will always, sooner or later, be a good position where your Haemy can damage 2-4 psychers (again, against psycher spam).
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 18:54

Mppqlmd wrote:
Cerve wrote:

Everyone can bubblewrap in the first turn. Noone can keep an army of psychers entirely bubble-wrapped over the course of a game.

There will always, sooner or later, be a good position where your Haemy can damage 2-4 psychers (again, against psycher spam).

Meh, 4+ for any psyker, pretty niche choice.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 18:57

Cerve wrote:
Mppqlmd wrote:
Cerve wrote:

Not that niche considering how in vogue psyker spam is currently. A free item that can rip a hole in Tzeentch armies is pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 18:59

Burnage wrote:
Cerve wrote:
Mppqlmd wrote:
Cerve wrote:

Not that niche considering how in vogue psyker spam is currently. A free item that can rip a hole in Tzeentch armies is pretty awesome.

And you can spend a CP for a reroll. It's not like we have any use for those CP.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 19:16

Its 1 unit that needs to get in range of 2-4 and it could do work, doing 4-6 MW's isnt the only part, its the opponent knowing you will do it, making them change their movements.

Telling them i have a Haemonculus with a Regain wounds Poison 2+ pistol and 2D melee weapon that has Re-roll charges, can DS and do MW's to all Psykers within X" range.

They will change how they play and you can use that to your benefit.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 20:15

amishprn86 wrote:
Its 1 unit that needs to get in range of 2-4 and it could do work, doing 4-6 MW's isnt the only part, its the opponent knowing you will do it, making them change their movements.

Telling them i have a Haemonculus with a Regain wounds Poison 2+ pistol and 2D melee weapon that has Re-roll charges, can DS and do MW's to all Psykers within X" range.

They will change how they play and you can use that to your benefit.

Those would be sacrificial units. I don't expect the haemy to survive after the drop. I won't equip them with anything costy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psyker sniping with WWP   Psyker sniping with WWP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psyker sniping with WWP
Page 1 of 1