THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Briefspite's Dark Eldar

Go down 
+11
Saintspirit
Stuey Vuitton
malevolent_one
Cavash
Angrypeasant
speedfreek
GAR
Gobsmakked
Evil Space Elves
Marquis Vaulkhere
Briefspite
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Briefspite
Hellion
Briefspite

Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Briefspite's Dark Eldar   Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26 2012, 20:50

The Wyches are done .

Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 Wyches02

Thanks for the comments guys Smile

Bold, brash and beautiful (?) was the intention from the start and it seems like I am succeeding at that. I appreciate that the colour scheme isn't everyone's cup of tea but that's how it goes sometimes.

I brought the army to a 1500 point tournament on Saturday and while the army is far from finished it looks good on the table.

I only need to finish 6 trueborn and some vehicles in order to have 1500 points fully painted, once that is done I will do an army shot in proper lightning conditions (i.e. not at night...) .

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Briefspite's Dark Eldar   Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27 2012, 00:30

Nothing wrong with these photos, wish mine were as good.

This is an awesome army, I imagine that it would looking amazing all together on the tabletop. Well done!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Briefspite's Dark Eldar   Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27 2012, 09:39

Really good stuff here. Lovely wyches, the blue on armour is very well done. Heck, the blue on your entire army looks amazing! Like Gob, I imagine it is a breathtaking army to be playing against.

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Briefspite's Dark Eldar   Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27 2012, 12:47

Wow! I have a soft spot fpr brightly coloured Dark Eldar and you just punched it with a Hydra Gauntlet!

Awesome colours and great contrasts; I can't wait for more.

Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Briefspite
Hellion
Briefspite

PostSubject: Re: Briefspite's Dark Eldar   Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27 2012, 15:12

Again thanks for the comments,

Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 Wyches03

With some sunlight outside I managed to take a better picture of the Wyches that is closer to what it looks like IRL.

I am considering cutting down on the static grass on the bases, it looks a bit too busy, but I am unsure. I will do the trueborn bases, hopefully tonight, with less static grass and do a side by side comparison shot.

Stay tuned Smile

B.

Archon's Challenge HQ Winner
Archon's Challenge HQ Winner

PostSubject: Re: Briefspite's Dark Eldar   Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28 2012, 10:34

did you wash the gold elements with something? because they look a bit flat to me - maybe gryphone sepia, or just straight black wash - or whatever these are called now Smile - would give some depth to these elements. and maybe a silver highlight here and there?

but again - I really like the colour scheme - reminds me of High Elves somehow Smile

Hellion
Briefspite

PostSubject: Re: Briefspite's Dark Eldar   Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28 2012, 10:37

Hi,

There is a bit more depth to the metal than whats apparent on the pictures, however the desktop lights wash it out a bit.

I should probably go over everything with a thin wash just to shade a bit more.

Br,

B.

Hellion
Briefspite

PostSubject: Re: Briefspite's Dark Eldar   Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 22:26

Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 Img_3973_edited

Seven Blasterborn or Kabalite Warriors with Blasters.

Its another night time, almost midnight , picture so its a bit dark but I got a nice picture after fiddling with the white balance on the camera. Changing lenses to a macro lens did wonders as well Smile.

I put a lot less static grass on the bases this time around and I like it a lot better. So now I got to go over the older bases with tweezers and remove some of the excess static grass.

B.

Hellion
Briefspite

PostSubject: Re: Briefspite's Dark Eldar   Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07 2012, 10:22

Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 Img_4033_edited1

First of five venom's completed.

I should have completed my Haemi and his wrack buddies since they are 90% done, but I keep postponing it Sad

B.

Hellion
Briefspite

PostSubject: Re: Briefspite's Dark Eldar   Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22 2018, 22:27

Been a while since I painted any Dark Eldar, but here is a WIP.

I am painting for a Escalation League, a good way of getting back into the game.

Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 Zmp2CcwrAUjsWszQ0cTLoPp7hJngYJg3iOzz8WyT302ykqfC6u2DpfP197CpN27gHLN79iRTGNIswR-Xna0q66XvysGhD8IL7OnB0adXiNAKcSCrHIjyY9KS304x2vw6_g1oNKWRQiJBY84Z_RYTpZ1Hahe-bUPdY9LHKX1I_vPqGZv8ANa7ARKQNf3ODAWYQJFPu1fe5r7XdUt0d6wMbCZe-ILY5akaWHK5tUL6klndz1eaJnESnumjPICHqV_nrnBOEXJ0Py9dx4h6kzyxd3W8TJ7Zi3Fx9rqV0_TxUhj0CM2eAOG0ixv1pBvaHwNKbszwF6ZiUTO2Q9nJlW08xb_QBexOrRlJ_yZiEY2p-deZ8zjQApMoyphkkoP2-YOPLEHX_noIRCE5s8U1l-bvw_v9IdI_nmGXxiXF-00a1YD43BjOCELrWFQs9aQ3hqwsGN_MqKWdj8ThJIp5cqIDN7ySvJBcUGAtuGt9v6777x-3mpPAcpO8w6fpLLME3g8RSc-HVVFqWL-NYxc1GZkjyQ9DUYFi8pacL7Q1DKm4ukskjlNYMn0yKrAj22sxBghuqLUMWljl3C7B4LVOBja_UO_xzBbBj-Sr1B82QDyA=w800-h718-no

Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Briefspite's Dark Eldar   Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23 2018, 02:47

Just a brief six year gap in the log...

It looks like some zombie Kabalites are sneaking up on the three still alive.

Are those the pilots from the Raider/Ravager kits? And what is the plan without any weapons on them?

The colour scheme looks so vibrant and is so well executed. I really like it.

Back to top Go down
Briefspite
Hellion
Briefspite

PostSubject: Re: Briefspite's Dark Eldar   Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23 2018, 07:40

The pilots are just painted separately from the raider/ravager.

Slave
Cannonfodder

PostSubject: Re: Briefspite's Dark Eldar   Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2018, 11:58

Good to see you back again. I myself was on hitus for about the same time. I will post something soon!
Back to top Go down
Briefspite
Hellion
Briefspite

PostSubject: Re: Briefspite's Dark Eldar   Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28 2018, 13:03

Progress shot of three Ravagers and three Raiders as well as bits from two more that aren't primed yet.

Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 NHfnLzyLqUWgSE2EyCRLSDkBVej_7IM0Q9AIClRtBrPFMqY5Z_OpOfIskPdkLu36vxvrqjQYuTnPcKNA-kzVolbbksBbRj70GzAfScJGjrQFjKWFOsXqK2AtgwdxUGBkzCqU6CM5vdF_flequV7YM25nS2WJoR2TKBTGk4F4bMy0V0fcXJyow1f4YrZlIG2m9w6Ie6HWerT7PqkUeKfDXB6nBpYDXkZz3JCTyudFCXIXBjkT4UgpG913pYkFH6PcuglkI9kufsdRjQLcJAkO3p0ivAlLX9s-SRRLDZe_4L7xJUeNRGZeO3J0TL23OMXlXdaW6b1hZzmIwOpNRBUnoRxQAEU_9zPzxPiBBLOe_5wntwB_0CmE0hWan7AbQhsBbQC-tyu-qGu7sHCTj56864s-CwUGzbns8rUJBgmZPU24-7vN5GdKs9SklRL3-fmFVkxnZg3ko1JnhSVNubFJZXJD0By0aRGfG9cR-hgFudGYHlTkQcd6HBV6XwdaXaguewHqi5Ne4pV53OlLdJ9l_7aKbbPu__tMj_UsFTf_OVuWLc07AURXDaZHvg0b7plZOd4ar-8XjqFo1vCnHbgGISiW1vLrk2a521LrZwGP=w1911-h899-no

PostSubject: Re: Briefspite's Dark Eldar   Briefspite's Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Briefspite's Dark Eldar
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2