THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Talos Pain Engine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

Talos Pain Engine Empty
PostSubject: Talos Pain Engine   Talos Pain Engine I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22 2018, 21:08

What are the best things to put on a talos?

I already want to use heat lances, but haywire blasters could come in handy as well.

But what I'm really stuck on is weapon choice. I currently can't choose between talos gauntlet and twin liquifier gun, two macro-scalpels, or macro-scalpel and twin liquifier gun.

What do you suggest? I plan to run my coven as PoF, possibly a urien running alongside.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Talos Pain Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos Pain Engine   Talos Pain Engine I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22 2018, 21:58

Chain flail and haywire blaster
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

Talos Pain Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos Pain Engine   Talos Pain Engine I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22 2018, 23:11

dumpeal wrote:
Chain flail and haywire blaster

1 chain-flail, okay, I can see the use for so many attacks, didn't like it because of ap, but if you think it's viable. Haywire blaster, yep, good. But what for the third weapon?

Cheers for responding quickly.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Talos Pain Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos Pain Engine   Talos Pain Engine I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22 2018, 23:17

For the third weapon, keep a macro-scalpel. It cheap and gives you a little bit of AP if you have to hit a character. You don't need a lot of AP, as most of them also have invul. You just need enough AP to lower their normal armor to their invul level. Anymore than that is points wasted. You can also put a liquifier gun, but I prefer to keep them as cheap as possible.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

Talos Pain Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos Pain Engine   Talos Pain Engine I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23 2018, 01:42

Yep, Haywire+Chain+Scalpel is the best loadout. It's less than 100 points and it is good against everything. Veichles, heavy infantry, light infantry, literally EVERYTHING.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Talos Pain Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos Pain Engine   Talos Pain Engine I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23 2018, 15:02

Cerve wrote:
Yep, Haywire+Chain+Scalpel is the best loadout. It's less than 100 points and it is good against everything. Veichles, heavy infantry, light infantry, literally EVERYTHING.

It struggle a little bit against monstrous creatures, but you have poison weapon everywhere on the field, against them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Talos Pain Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos Pain Engine   Talos Pain Engine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talos Pain Engine
Page 1 of 1