THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New player looking for comments on 1500pts list!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lukiluck
Slave
lukiluck

New player looking for comments on 1500pts list! Empty
PostSubject: New player looking for comments on 1500pts list!   New player looking for comments on 1500pts list! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09 2019, 23:00

Hey there!

I'm a new player to the Drukhari and Warhammer 40k in general. I have a little experience to tabletop though since I played the Lord of the Rings one, but that was years ago. So you could say and would be totally right to say that: I'm a newbie! But that's fine since I'm happy to get to know the game more and more in the upcoming time. Since I played Starcraft 2 a lot as Protoss and I just like the idea of the advanced alien race my choice fell pretty quickly on the Eldar. And because I wanted to be evil I finally decided to play the Drukhari. Which is kinda ironic because one of the things I liked about the Protoss and intended to do in Warhammer as well was to do magic. Well, before I realised Drukhari aren't able to to any of that I fell in love with them so here I am. I guess drugs are kind of magical too!

I read a lot in the past weeks and even had a first (heavily improvised) test game. Now I want to present you my first draft of a 1.500 Points list which I intend to play mostly against friends (playing Death Guard, T'au and Space Wolves) in the next time. But I also hope to get to know my local playgrounds when I feel ready to not totally make a fool out of myself playing this game! Before I show you the list a few thoughts:

I like to think about strategies and kinda optimizing my armies, although not in a tournament way of thinking (yet). I just want to get my ideas to work but it doesn't have to be the current meta optimum or something like that. So I'd be happy if you could help me find out if this list could work as I intend it to.

The Razorwings are one of the reasons I fell in love with the Drukhari. They're just so cool! So obviously I want to play them. I want to use them to just fly where they need to shoot something and then get the work done. I gave them the Kabal of the Black Heart Obsession because they will be primary targets, I guess. And that way they are tougher and thats good. I also want to be able to "counterspell" (I'm a Magic: The Gathering player too) my enemies' stratagems with Agents of Vect because that's just awesome evil.

My Prophets of Flesh Detachment is supposed to be a big threat in the middle of the map that scares my opponents and forces them to hopefully waste a lot of shots into to a tough pile of flesh. In my first test game I realized pretty quickly that I shouldn't rely on glas cannons only. The Talos also are there to help to get tough units down. Urien should support that pretty well, I hope. Since at least Death Guard annoys with Smites everywhere he gets the Helm of Spite as extra relic to protect him and the the rest at least a little from that psy stuff. I also really like the „Frankenstein“ theme of the covens.

Last but not least my Obsidian Rose detachment is supposed to fly around and put extra pressure where it's needed. The extra range should help to keep them safe from trouble as much as possible. I'm not really sure about the archons. I guess they will be either getting objectives or joining my melee forces (the Djinn Blade should help there, i hope) but to be honest that feels not really optimal. I want to use their aura but I don't really know how. Ideas?

I'd be really grateful for any kind of comments & critique! Smile

The List:

Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [26 PL, 486pts]

No Force Org Slot

Detachment Attribute: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose

HQ

Archon [4 PL, 74pts]: Agoniser, Splinter pistol

Archon [4 PL, 76pts]: Huskblade, Splinter pistol, The Djin Blade, Warlord

Troops

5 Kabalite Warriors, 1 Blaster [2 PL, 47pts]

Dedicated Transport

Venom [4 PL, 65pts]: Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

Air Wing Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [24 PL, 405pts]

No Force Org Slot

Detachment Attribute: Kabal of the Black Heart

Flyer

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 135pts]: Twin splinter rifle, 2 Disintegrator Cannons

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 135pts]: Twin splinter rifle, 2 Disintegrator Cannons

Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [35 PL, 597pts]

No Force Org Slot

Detachment Attribute: Prophets of Flesh

HQ

Urien Rakarth [5 PL, 90pts] Prizes from the Dark City (1 Relic => Helm of Spite)

Elites

3 Grotesques [6 PL, 105pts] Monstrous Cleaver, Flesh Gauntlet

3 Grotesques [6 PL, 105pts] Monstrous Cleaver, Flesh Gauntlet

Heavy Support

Talos [6 PL, 99pts] 2x Macro-Scalpel, 2x Haywire Blaster

Total: [85 PL, 1488pts]

Created with [BattleScribe]

I also got some spare points - ideas on how to use them?
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

New player looking for comments on 1500pts list! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New player looking for comments on 1500pts list!   New player looking for comments on 1500pts list! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2019, 17:19

Urien can't take a Relic as he's a named character and you would want to take Vexator Mask if you can in that detachment it's real strong (probably even strong enough to drop Urien for a normal Haemy with ElectroWhip, Diabolical Soothsayer & Vexator Mask).
I'd try and get a Blaster on your Archons for the extra range and PGL for the mortal wound stratagem if you can wangle the points, the assured 2d from the warlord trait is really cool.
Back to top Go down

New player looking for comments on 1500pts list!
Page 1 of 1