THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 list - any useful comments? :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

1500 list - any useful comments? :) Empty
PostSubject: 1500 list - any useful comments? :)   1500 list - any useful comments? :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 15:18

Hi all,

Before you start posting comments, I would like to begin with a single remark: I know I could swap the two taloi to ravagers to become more competitive, but I like those beasts too much and this is actually something I don't need any advice on Smile

Having said that, let me please introduce you to the list I've made.

HQ:
1 Haemonculus + liquifier + venom blade = 65
65p

Troops:
1 Raider + 10 warriors + cannon + blaster = 175
1 Raider + 10 warriors + cannon + blaster = 175
1 Raider + 10 warriors + cannon = 160
510p

Heavy Support:
1 Ravager + flickerfield = 115
1 Talos + haywire + chain snares + cc weapon = 130
1 Talos + haywire + chain snares + cc weapon = 130
375p

Elites:
4 trueborn + 3 blasters + venom + cannon = 158
4 trueborn + 3 lance + venom + cannon = 188
3 grotesques + liquifier + aberration + scissorhand + raider = 200
546p

1496p

All in all I have 9 dark lances, 5 blasters, 2 haywire blasters and 7 splinter cannons.

What I'm currently thinking about is either dropping the blasters from my warrior squads and spend the points elsewhere OR dropping something else to reinforce my blaster warrior squads with sybarites and blast pistols.

The grotesques go with haemonculus, of course.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Back to top Go down
fenrisnorth
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list - any useful comments? :)   1500 list - any useful comments? :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 15:52

I know it's not "cool" to field grotesques and the Talos, but i do love them. I watched the grots absorb a truely sickening amount of HB and PC fire last week, Huzzah for FNP and cover. Ditto for the Talos/cronos, T7 taunts missle launchers, and cover/FNP laughs them off something fierce.

A nit I must pick, you can't have 3 Lances in a tb squad, and as much as I hate it, they are pretty borked in a Venom, as they count as moving if the vehicle moves, so cannot shoot the DL.

I like Blast pistols, though they're a little on the 'spensive side for something that won't see much use. You'll want to have the game pretty much in the bag before getting a warrior squad 6 inches from an enemy.

Swap the Trueb's lances for blasters, and either go 4 blasters, or only take 3 TB, each point you can save is another you can spend on maximum effiiency.

If you want to REALLY mess with people's heads, get shock prows and use those raiders to "herd" enemy units into a place that you can charge one enemy model with an entire squad and he cannot pile into you. Maximum pain with minimum risk. (Just be sure none of the models the Raider nudges aside is Marine Sgt. Fisty McSlammus, that's a DoG you don't want.)

Captured Victims: Castellan Crowe, Ultramarine Chapter Master
Back to top Go down
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list - any useful comments? :)   1500 list - any useful comments? :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 16:29

Thanks for the reply!

Ok, I have failed to notice I cannot make a true devastator squad out of my trueborn Smile The idea with venom was to transport the guys to some nice spot, drop them in an advantageous position and let them unleash hell on anything that needs to be shot.

Now I'm left with 58 points I need to find use for Smile

Nameless
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list - any useful comments? :)   1500 list - any useful comments? :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 16:51

If you do that, make sure you're deploying them during turn 1 at the latest. The longer they go with moving, the more a points waist they are.

For those 58 points, I would do the following:
+Haem + WWB
- CC Weapons from Talos
-Raider from Gots
+4 wracks with raider (or venom)

That leaves you with 32 points to make up (I believe). I find Talos' much better coming out of a portal. The one issue is that if one of your wracks dies, then you need to make a Ld 8 check. Maybe try to go for 5?

Once the portal is down, the wracks can be used as an objective holder in cover (send them to ground).
Back to top Go down
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list - any useful comments? :)   1500 list - any useful comments? :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 17:16

Nameless, i see your point with the WWP. However, I feel like using WWPs only in lists tailored to this type of deployment. One WWP is not enough.

Moreover, I need the raider on the grot unit as they are planned to ram as deep into enemy lines as possible and cause havoc as early as possible. My opponents fear them, as they know grots are tough as nails and in the last battle one grot explosion blew ~1500 points off the table. Bringing them to the other side of the battlefield turn 1 will result in lovely panic Smile

What I'm thinking right now is to add another haemonculus with liquifier to the grot unit. Or equip their raider with aethersails and shock prow Smile

Nameless
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list - any useful comments? :)   1500 list - any useful comments? :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 18:00

I've had pretty good luck with only one WWP, but I understand what you're saying. I'd just be worried, specifically in spear head deployment, that your Talos' may take forever to get to do anything.

On the other hand, I do like your list any may try it some time.
Back to top Go down
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list - any useful comments? :)   1500 list - any useful comments? :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 18:51

Additional thoughts on my grot unit - I can always intimidate my enemy into spreading his forces along his table edge/prevent him from keeping his army deployed on one flank only by saying: "I'm gonna nuke your whole army with grots in their super-fast raider" Smile And this is exactly what I want, as I'd be able to eat his forces piece by piece from the flank.

What if he herds his forces? Oh, well... Let him feel the pain. Ram the grot raider in the middle and let the haemies die ASAP. Then watch the show.
Back to top Go down
fenrisnorth
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list - any useful comments? :)   1500 list - any useful comments? :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 19:17

I don't think i could use a 200+ point unit like that. Their explosion is just not potent enough. AP- is too pathetic, especially against Marines. Against a non-lumped guard army, sure, that's awesome, but then, you could probably charge 2-3 squads at once and royally beat them down.

Back to top Go down
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list - any useful comments? :)   1500 list - any useful comments? :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 21:57

Agreed. But before grots explode, they will surely beat the crap outta a unit or two Smile

fenrisnorth
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list - any useful comments? :)   1500 list - any useful comments? :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 22:15

The last time I used them, they ate a razorback, the marines inside, and a termie squad that deepstruck nearby, they would have kept going, but the game ended.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list - any useful comments? :)   1500 list - any useful comments? :) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 01:35

Finn wrote:
Agreed. But before grots explode, they will surely beat the crap outta a unit or two Smile

I like where your head's at! Twisted Evil I really like playing with my Grots despite them not being the most competitive unit in our army. I really like your list and wouldn't change much. I usually run at least four troop units at 1500(usually 5), but think that your three troop units will last longer with two Taloi(s?) running around with the Grot wagon absorbing so much attention. Let us know how it does and enjoy.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list - any useful comments? :)   1500 list - any useful comments? :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 list - any useful comments? :)
Page 1 of 1