THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Question on Black Cornucopians

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Karr4x
Hellion
Karr4x

Question on Black Cornucopians  Empty
PostSubject: Question on Black Cornucopians    Question on Black Cornucopians  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17 2019, 23:29

I've just realised that 'Black Cornucopians' was not classified as a 'one time use' stratagem. I somehow always thought that it was restricted to a single use like 'Tides of traitors' is for Chaos Cultists.
I looked at the FAQs but couldn't find anything restricting it.

So does it really mean it can be spammed for several turns ? If so, that's amazing if not bordeline overpowered.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Question on Black Cornucopians    Question on Black Cornucopians  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2019, 07:45

Theoretically, as I read it, but it doesn't seem super powerful to me. You get a couple extra points back, but your new wrack unit comes in without transport, and has to slog it back to the fight.

Leaning on a mechanic like that can have some REALLY great results, though. If you get some good mileage out of it, share with us! I'd really like to see if the strategy has legs.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Question on Black Cornucopians    Question on Black Cornucopians  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2019, 13:10

I never noticed that either! It doesn't even require you to have lost any Wracks and at 2cp the redeploy factor could be critical to winning some games.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Question on Black Cornucopians    Question on Black Cornucopians  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21 2019, 19:23

I've used this stratagem to great effect, as Wracks are a unit that hits that sweet spot of being resilient enough to make enemy's attacks feel wasted, while also being deadly enough turn 3 onward so that they cannot be fully ignored. First turns they serve as a decent screening unit, then later I use the stratagem to replenish the casualties and move them closer to objectives in spots that I have cleared out with Disintegrator fire.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question on Black Cornucopians    Question on Black Cornucopians  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question on Black Cornucopians
Page 1 of 1