THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Black Cornucopians and Teleport Homer Secondary Objective

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

Black Cornucopians and Teleport Homer Secondary Objective Empty
PostSubject: Black Cornucopians and Teleport Homer Secondary Objective   Black Cornucopians and Teleport Homer Secondary Objective I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2020, 17:06

I was reading about the strategies utilizing Mandrakes to hide in the enemy deployment zone to score on the Teleport Homer and Linebreaker secondary objectives, but the Black Cornucopians stratagem seems to be setup perfectly for this:

Black Cornucopians- Use this stratagem at the end of your Movement phase. Pick a unit of Prophets of Flesh Wracks from your army and remove it from the battlefield, then set it up again at its full starting strength wholly within 6" of the edge of the battlefield and more than 9" from any enemy models.

Teleport Homer (Action)- Score 4 victory points each time a unit from your army successfully completes the following action: One INFANTRY unit from your army can start to perform this action at the end of your Movement phase if it is wholly within your opponent's deployment zone. This action is completed at the end of your next Command phase, provided the unit attempting it is still wholly within your opponent's deployment zone.

Sequencing- While playing Warhammer 40,000, you'll occasionally find that two or more rules are to be resolved at the same time- e.g. 'at the start of the battle round' or 'at the end of the Fight phase'. When this happens during the battle, the player whose turn it is chooses the order.

The most useful aspect of this is that you can start the Teleport Homer action on turn 1. It looks like it is pretty difficult to get an Infantry unit in your opponent's deployment zone on turn 1 (Advancing Scourges with Fire and Fade have 22"-27" movement for possible turn 1 Linebreaker) but Black Cornucopians is kind of a loophole to the strategic reserves rule.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Black Cornucopians and Teleport Homer Secondary Objective   Black Cornucopians and Teleport Homer Secondary Objective I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12 2020, 12:52

Yes, but screening can make your life miserable.

I would not put all your eggs in one basket. Mandrakes + Wracks + some infantry in transports should be somewhat reliable to score this.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Black Cornucopians and Teleport Homer Secondary Objective   Black Cornucopians and Teleport Homer Secondary Objective I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13 2020, 09:00

fisheyes wrote:
Yes, but screening can make your life miserable.

I would not put all your eggs in one basket. Mandrakes + Wracks + some infantry in transports should be somewhat reliable to score this.

Agreed.

And I still prefer Scramblers. It is only 10 points but they're 10 solid points for us. Doing three actions that start and ends on your turn it's pretty easy for us thanks to both speed and redeploy shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Black Cornucopians and Teleport Homer Secondary Objective   Black Cornucopians and Teleport Homer Secondary Objective I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13 2020, 13:40

Where do you see the Scramblers secondary? I hear lots of talk about it, but dont see it in my third party mission cheat sheet (my cheat sheet could be outdated).
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Black Cornucopians and Teleport Homer Secondary Objective   Black Cornucopians and Teleport Homer Secondary Objective I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13 2020, 14:24

It is on the CA Grand Tournament 2020. Buy it, it shows more secondaries and the actual rewrited matched missions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Cornucopians and Teleport Homer Secondary Objective   Black Cornucopians and Teleport Homer Secondary Objective I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Cornucopians and Teleport Homer Secondary Objective
Page 1 of 1