THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Void Mine and scenery

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Karr4x
Hellion
Karr4x

Void Mine and scenery  Empty
PostSubject: Void Mine and scenery    Void Mine and scenery  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27 2019, 11:49

Yesterday I played a game with one of my friends, and he had placed his havoc squad inside a ruin with a roof. I flew over the building with my Voidraven bomber and dropped the Void Mine on his havoc squad, killing 8 members.  

But now I wonder if I truly had the right to do so such a manoeuvre ...
The fact that the wording of the Void Mine rule doesn't mention anything about cover or buildings doesn't help.

From a lore/realistic perspective, I would say I had the right to drop the Void Mine, because of how powerful it is and how fragile a ruin is (I mean a cracked roof won't protect the victims from a weapon capable of literally disintegrating anything unlucky enough to find itself within its blast radius)

However, when it comes to tabletop rules, I must say that I am uncertain.

What do you guys think ?

Last edited by Karr4x on Sun Jan 27 2019, 13:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Void Mine and scenery    Void Mine and scenery  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27 2019, 12:37

Unless it's an enclosed building with a "transport" capacity that would remove the unit from the board, they are fair game as targets. Being in cover doesn't enact the "embarked" rule so they're still on the board so you can fly over them and drop the bomb.
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Void Mine and scenery    Void Mine and scenery  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27 2019, 14:12

There's also nothing in the rule requiring line of sight. You only have to move over them in the movement phase. I'd say that's entirely legit, and probably one of the best uses for the voidmine. Ideal for shooting units buried in cover who don't need LoS, like hive guard and IG mortars. Provided it's a big enough unit to generate a decent number of dice anyway!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Void Mine and scenery    Void Mine and scenery  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Void Mine and scenery
Page 1 of 1