THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Scenery layout in 9th

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

Scenery layout in 9th Empty
PostSubject: Scenery layout in 9th   Scenery layout in 9th I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05 2020, 12:47

This is an excellent 80 minute video discussing how to lay out terrain to make for an interesting and balanced game for both parties.
It discusses how to avoid unfair layouts for armies that overly benefit from certain elements, such as Fly for us, long range shooting, high toughness blobs.

It suggests how to design your actual scenery pieces to work best in 9th, how the Scenery Keywords mean that large pieces are too inflexible, and how to combine big pieces and scatter terrain to make really interesting tactical challenges.

I am really pleased to have been shown this video as I am at the beginning of building a whole new boxed set of scenery, and will be adapting quite a few elements after things I have learned from this video!
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Scenery layout in 9th   Scenery layout in 9th I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05 2020, 14:03

Awesome! Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Scenery layout in 9th   Scenery layout in 9th I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07 2020, 13:26

thanks for the share! I too was about to start some scenery, so those tips will be helpful Smile
Also regarding my future games with my friends (.....can't wait for this to happen as we are in a lockdown for some months now and still in lockdown until minimum 2 other months).
I was about to buy the new box Battlezone Manufacturum Vertigus Smile
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Scenery layout in 9th   Scenery layout in 9th I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09 2020, 17:28

One of the main positives for 40k during Covid, has been how many players have been shifted to Table Top Simulator (on PC). There are a bunch of maps, that over 1/4 of the player base have now gotten used to. This has now become the defacto "how to" for terrain.

It has forced me to change my army lists to make the most out of the terrain. Helps you know what to expect on a real table.

I look forward to playing IRL again, something tells me that most oponents will continue to want FTC style terrain from TTS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scenery layout in 9th   Scenery layout in 9th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scenery layout in 9th
Page 1 of 1