THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Transport Hopping

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

Transport Hopping Empty
PostSubject: Transport Hopping   Transport Hopping I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2019, 22:17

The rulebook states that units "cannot both embark and disembark in the same turn". But could I disembark and then embark on the same turn? For example a units transport is damaged, can they hop to a new transport in a single turn, given sufficient movement to end within 3" of the new transport?
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Transport Hopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transport Hopping   Transport Hopping I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2019, 22:26

Only red grief can do that and only after the unit destroyed a unit in melee
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

Transport Hopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transport Hopping   Transport Hopping I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02 2019, 00:18

Red Grief can consolidate back to a transport after fighting, yes. I'm talking about a single movement phase. I disembark from my damaged transport, move 7" to be within 3" of another transport, and hop on board.
It depends if the rulebook wording is order specific, as it says you can't embark then disembark. Does that mean you can disembark then embark?
Thought I'd ask the question. It came up in a game tonight and I was trying to check it up quickly during play. Reading the rule again a little slower I'm fairly certain you can't!
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Transport Hopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transport Hopping   Transport Hopping I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02 2019, 12:03

I take "cannot both embark and disembark in the same turn" as meaning "cannot do A and B in the same turn", not necessarily in that order.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Transport Hopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transport Hopping   Transport Hopping I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02 2019, 15:19

That was my reading as well.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Transport Hopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transport Hopping   Transport Hopping I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02 2019, 22:04

Same here. Whatever order you've done it in, the unit has still embarked and disembarked on the same turn, which is not allowed.

Sponsored content

Transport Hopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transport Hopping   Transport Hopping I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transport Hopping
Page 1 of 1