THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Our flyers are confused?

Go down 
+3
Tony Spectacular
Damnosus
bleum937
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bleum937
Slave

Our flyers are confused? Empty
PostSubject: Our flyers are confused?   Our flyers are confused? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04 2012, 14:21

Just an observation: Voidraven Bombers are more effective as interceptors than Razorwing Fighters. Conversely, our fighters are better at bombing (at least against infantry) than our bombers. Did the codex writers get confused when they wrote these entries? Razz

Damnosus
Hellion
Damnosus

PostSubject: Re: Our flyers are confused?   Our flyers are confused? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04 2012, 16:53

Yea I noticed that as well. Pretty weird. Maybe a typo?
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: Our flyers are confused?   Our flyers are confused? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04 2012, 17:50

Well, the Voidraven is the one of the two that comes with a bomb (mine)...
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Our flyers are confused?   Our flyers are confused? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04 2012, 21:10

Well, the codex does state that the Razorwing is a ground attack plane rather than an Interceptor (unlike the Craftworld equivalent Nightwing).

bleum937
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Our flyers are confused?   Our flyers are confused? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05 2012, 01:49

Haha, I don't think it's a typo, just a curiosity with how the codex was written and is used. Obviously the Voidraven comes with a bomb, but the Razorwing comes with 4! It just seems strange to me that the bomber comes with fewer bombs by default. Yes you can add missiles but then the bomber costs more to get the same firepower.

Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Our flyers are confused?   Our flyers are confused? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05 2012, 10:37

I was always disappointed that the Void Mine, which is super hyped up and made out to be the most destructive little ball of death ever... is only as strong as the Void Lances. Why don't we just mount another Void Lance and get to fire it at range? Razz

I really think it should be S10 AP1. It is a one-shot small blast after all, and the fluff makes it sound that good.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
NHBandit69
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Our flyers are confused?   Our flyers are confused? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05 2012, 23:16

Like everything else, you just have to know the units to play them correctly. If DE were easy, everyone would play them! Cool
Back to top Go down
Maugarath D'harq
Hellion
Maugarath D'harq

PostSubject: Re: Our flyers are confused?   Our flyers are confused? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07 2012, 06:19

NHBandit69 wrote:
Like everything else, you just have to know the units to play them correctly. If DE were easy, everyone would play them! Cool
If DE were easy they would be a Ward'dex.

PostSubject: Re: Our flyers are confused?   Our flyers are confused? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our flyers are confused?
Page 1 of 1