THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Making Chaos-looking mutation?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Salem_666
Hellion
Salem_666

Making Chaos-looking mutation? Empty
PostSubject: Making Chaos-looking mutation?   Making Chaos-looking mutation? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2019, 03:22

I wanted to know if anyone had tips for modelling tentacles and such out of green stuff. Think the nurgle rot on pox walkers, but less boils, and more tendrils. Any comments are appreciated, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Making Chaos-looking mutation?   Making Chaos-looking mutation? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2019, 16:31

A good trick is to map out the tentacle with wire first, and then apply the green stuff around the wire. It then gives you the shape and stability whilst its drying.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Making Chaos-looking mutation?   Making Chaos-looking mutation? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2019, 06:08

Roll green stuff 1mm thick long 10-20mm, 1.5mm on think side, take a piece of plasicard 0.5mm, water the green stuff, roll it over in lines every 0.2mm-1mm or more.

Alternatively instead of rolling it over in lines, get a small (0.2-0.3mm) tube and poke it to look like bumps/suction cups.

Finally, let it dry for a bit (a hour or two, depending no how much blue vs yellow you use) then apply before it hardens to much, just enough to keep shape.

OH, PS you can just buy something to do it for you from Greenstuff world, video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InIiFlWarrY

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Salem_666
Hellion
Salem_666

PostSubject: Re: Making Chaos-looking mutation?   Making Chaos-looking mutation? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2019, 22:38

Squidmaster wrote:
A good trick is to map out the tentacle with wire first, and then apply the green stuff around the wire. It then gives you the shape and stability whilst its drying.

Thank you, I'll try that!
Back to top Go down
Salem_666
Hellion
Salem_666

PostSubject: Re: Making Chaos-looking mutation?   Making Chaos-looking mutation? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2019, 22:39

amishprn86 wrote:
Roll green stuff 1mm thick long 10-20mm, 1.5mm on think side, take a piece of plasicard 0.5mm, water the green stuff, roll it over in lines every 0.2mm-1mm or more.

Alternatively instead of rolling it over in lines, get a small (0.2-0.3mm) tube and poke it to look like bumps/suction cups.

Finally, let it dry for a bit (a hour or two, depending no how much blue vs yellow you use) then apply before it hardens to much, just enough to keep shape.

OH, PS you can just buy something to do it for you from Greenstuff world, video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InIiFlWarrY

Thanks for the reply, I think I might try that tube method! I'll look into greenstuff world too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making Chaos-looking mutation?   Making Chaos-looking mutation? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making Chaos-looking mutation?
Page 1 of 1