THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Myrvn
Wych

Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons Empty
PostSubject: Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons   Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2019, 19:27

Why are a lot of folks running the Scatter Lasers over shuriken? It seems like the -1 to hit is a big issue. Is it just the volume of shots?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons   Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2019, 08:15

Ranger and more shots, when it comes to hordes with 5/6+ saves, the extra shot and range is better. 9 of them is 36 shots at 36" vs 27 shots at 24".

Scat: T3/5+ = 13.33 dead
Shur: T3/5+ = 11 dead

So the math says its better and you also gain more range.

Dont forget you can Fire and Fade to move and always be out of range of 36" shooting, move shoot move is very strong on Fly long range shooting units and with Saim-Hann trait you dont take -1 to hit for moving.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons   Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2019, 12:00

Wouldn't it just be the range though? I'm assuming the bikes would move, so the -1 to hit would impact the scatter lasers, wouldn't it? So then the scatter lasers are only doing 10 wounds instead of 13.

I also assumed fire and fade would be used on a different unit, but that is situational so I could see that applied to bikes. Good point.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons   Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2019, 18:16

I assume that anyone running scatbikes is going to run them as Saim-Hann to avoid the -1 to hit penalty. Non-Saim-Hann bikes are probably going to be shuricannon bikes.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons   Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2019, 20:32

Myrvn wrote:
Wouldn't it just be the range though? I'm assuming the bikes would move, so the -1 to hit would impact the scatter lasers, wouldn't it? So then the scatter lasers are only doing 10 wounds instead of 13.

I also assumed fire and fade would be used on a different unit, but that is situational so I could see that applied to bikes. Good point.

amishprn86 wrote:
Saim-Hann trait you dont take -1 to hit for moving

Fire and Fade wouldnt be used on other units b.c they are DSing or engaging, well depending on the list.

You cant Fire and fade guardian blobs coming from DS, Shining Spears dont want to fire and fade b.c you want to charge, Wraithlords and Knights dont want to b.c they need to be at range (Unless its Flamer anti-horde Wraithlords, but then you are not taking bikes).

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons   Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22 2019, 18:16

What did Alex run his Windriders as at LVO? We're they Saim Hann?
I was thinking fire and fade on reapers. But I admit my Craftworlds army list Fu is pretty weak. We don't have an active Craftworlds player locally.
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Hellion
Gorgon

PostSubject: Re: Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons   Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23 2019, 03:10

He ran them as scatter lasers but as ynnari. The range was what he was after in his specific case, so it really depends on how the bikes fit in the list.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons   Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windriders - scatter lasers vs shuriken cannons
Page 1 of 1