THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Deep Striking Skimmers and Scatter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

Deep Striking Skimmers and Scatter Empty
PostSubject: Deep Striking Skimmers and Scatter   Deep Striking Skimmers and Scatter I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05 2013, 09:35

Pg. 83 of the rule book discusses how skimmers that are forced to end their movement on top of other models land in the closest possible distance. A guy I know that is a power gamer said that if a a skimmer is deep striking and it lands on top of models it counts as moving so if it lands on models it would land in the shortest distance possible from the models.

Pg. 36 talks about how if a model deep strikes on top of a model it would take a mishap.

Is it legit for me to deep strike a raider then if it scatters over other models it would not have a mishap and instead move the minimum distance so no models are left underneath it?

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Deep Striking Skimmers and Scatter   Deep Striking Skimmers and Scatter I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05 2013, 10:07

Pg 36

They don't count as moving until the shooting phase.

Pg 83

They are not being forced to end their movement because they are deep striking, not moving - they would take the mishap.

Make sense?
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Deep Striking Skimmers and Scatter   Deep Striking Skimmers and Scatter I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05 2013, 17:14

Pg 36, yes, this should be enough for me to win the argument but with people like that you never know Rolling Eyes . Thanks

Pg 83, It does make sense to me but he can still counter that with his arguement of deep striking counts as moving at cruising speed.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Deep Striking Skimmers and Scatter   Deep Striking Skimmers and Scatter I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06 2013, 12:13

Have him quote where it says that anywhere in the rules.

Hint: it only says it when the Shooting Phase starts, therefore you don't count as moving in the movement phase, therefore movement based effects won't work. You're just disallowed most movement in the movement phase, but you don't count as moving until the Shooting phase.

Deep Striking itself does not inherently count as moving and nowhere is that idea supported in the rules.

Also; mod hat

Moving this to Rules Questions - because, y'know, that's what it is.
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Deep Striking Skimmers and Scatter   Deep Striking Skimmers and Scatter I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06 2013, 20:43

Yeah thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Striking Skimmers and Scatter   Deep Striking Skimmers and Scatter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep Striking Skimmers and Scatter
Page 1 of 1