THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k pure kabal pure shooting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

2k pure kabal pure shooting  Empty
PostSubject: 2k pure kabal pure shooting    2k pure kabal pure shooting  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09 2019, 13:21

so im trying to outperform my Tau friend in shooting (maybe not gonna happen but yeah) and i came up with this list:

1998 points

Air wing detachment (flayed skull):
Razorwing dissies, rifle
Razorwing dissies, rifle
Voidraven voidlance

Battalion (flayed skull):
Archon blaster huskblade grenade launcher djin blade
Archon blaster huskblade

5xKabalite warriors with blaster
Venom with rifle
Venom with rifle
Venom with rifle

5xscourges with 4 shredders
5xscourges with 4 shredders

Spearhead (black heart):
Archon venom blade blaster warlord labyrinthine cunning, writ of the living muse

Dissie Ravager
Dissie Ravager
Dissie Ravager
Tantalus

Any suggestions welcome. I wanna keep it shooty as a test as to who can do more damage this way so no Cults or Coven.
Im going up against the usual Broadsides and Riptide spam with tons of drones etc.
The Tantalus may not be the best choice but it has decent shooting so thats why i included it plus i have no idea what else to put there that can deal damage from affar lol. Its gona deep strike if i play second to save it from alpha disaster
Scourges are there mainly to deep strike and take out hidding drones and the like.
Im not sure about the Voidraven and im thinking about replacing it with a third Razorwing but i think a well placed lucky bomb can do some damage especially against units of 3 broadsides.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: 2k pure kabal pure shooting    2k pure kabal pure shooting  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09 2019, 19:53

I wouldn't really rely on the voidmine to do much if any damage to units of Broadsides ... At best a unit of 3 Broadsides will take 3 mortal wounds from a one use voidmine, because unfortunately Broadsides aren't "monster" or "vehicle" so they don't get the 3 dice per model and just gets 1 per model ... Plus a full unit 3 broadsides is 18 wounds so ... Voidmine is usually best used against standard single wound infantry units of 10 so I would replace it with a third Razorwing ... That way you get two more dissies, a third missile pod, and another twin linked splinter rifle for far far far more shooting than the Voidraven would give you without switching it to have dark scythes and Voidraven missiles, unfortunately the voidmine imo is pretty weak, an awesome idea, but because we can't use it more than once a battle it isn't worth taking the Voidraven to just rely on a lucky bomb drop...
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: 2k pure kabal pure shooting    2k pure kabal pure shooting  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09 2019, 22:19

oh damn you are totaly right about the voidmine vs broadsides i somehow thought they had the monster keyword...
Thank you for the insight, a third razorwing it is ^^
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: 2k pure kabal pure shooting    2k pure kabal pure shooting  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2019, 20:35

My pleasure, had to look through my t'au codex to make sure they didn't (I have a small force of them with backstory involving the ethereals deciding that the Archon of my Kabal is the greater good after he found them and some survivors amongst their destroyed space force after the warp tear rips open in the galaxy ) ... It kinda feels like they should though :/ or at least battlesuits bigger than a crisis battlesuit or a commander should ...
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: 2k pure kabal pure shooting    2k pure kabal pure shooting  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2019, 14:03

The only part that seems out of place to me is the Shredder scourges. You say the plan is to drop on some hiding drones, which sounds good, but I fear it may be hard to execute/not worth while. You're looking for a landing spot more than 9" from an enemy, but also within 12" of the drones, and they happen to be drones that can't be dealt with another way (venoms/razorwing missiles). That seems a very specific scenario to pull once, much less twice.

Without seeing your opponent's exact list, my advice is limited, but does he tend to run Devilfish/hammerheads? If so, I'd advocate changing at least one squad to haywires. If not, I'd consider blaster or dark lance scourges.

I played tau a lot from 4th ed to 6th, but got rid of them in 7th (my opponents never had any fun and so neither did I), so my insight in 8th is worth only so much, but the thing about Tau shooting is it has fairly split ranges.

There's a lot of long range (60"+) and most of their strength 5 small arms fire is shortish range (15-24"). Most of their strength 5 stuff is also fairly immobile too. To minimize their shooting and to protect yourself if they get first turn, I'd recommend hiding behind terrain as much as possible and otherwise deploying as far away as possible. If you've got 1st turn, you've got the movement to get everything into range of something anyway. If you go 2nd, he'll have to advance towards you to try to bring more of his shooting to bear.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: 2k pure kabal pure shooting    2k pure kabal pure shooting  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2019, 14:39

sekac wrote:
The only part that seems out of place to me is the Shredder scourges. You say the plan is to drop on some hiding drones, which sounds good, but I fear it may be hard to execute/not worth while. You're looking for a landing spot more than 9" from an enemy, but also within 12" of the drones, and they happen to be drones that can't be dealt with another way (venoms/razorwing missiles). That seems a very specific scenario to pull once, much less twice.

Without seeing your opponent's exact list, my advice is limited, but does he tend to run Devilfish/hammerheads? If so, I'd advocate changing at least one squad to haywires. If not, I'd consider blaster or dark lance scourges.

I played tau a lot from 4th ed to 6th, but got rid of them in 7th (my opponents never had any fun and so neither did I), so my insight in 8th is worth only so much, but the thing about Tau shooting is it has fairly split ranges.

There's a lot of long range (60"+) and most of their strength 5 small arms fire is shortish range (15-24"). Most of their strength 5 stuff is also fairly immobile too. To minimize their shooting and to protect yourself if they get first turn, I'd recommend hiding behind terrain as much as possible and otherwise deploying as far away as possible. If you've got 1st turn, you've got the movement to get everything into range of something anyway. If you go 2nd, he'll have to advance towards you to try to bring more of his shooting to bear.

hey thanks for the suggestions and tips.
I intend to do just that. either way If i play first or second i will deploy at range 50 (which is the effective range of the ravagers in case i seize) so that he has to come closer.
He usualy does not include vehicles in his list so the haywire scourges would go to waste. My idea behind the 2 shredder scourge teams is first and foremost to have a means to target his drones which he tends to hide whenever he can and second to have a means of getting hard to get objectives (we usualy play with tactical objectives). If for some reason they cannot drop within 12 of his drones then they will either cap or target his firewarrior units to thin them down (or if lucky a character). 4d6 str 6 -1ap shots are not something to laugh about and in the worst case they will target his broadsides.
I did think of maybe swap them for blaster scourges but they are more expensive and i dont find the points to have two teams BUT since i will probably drop the voidraven for a 3rd razorwing, i will take your advice and with the extra points swap one team of shredder to one team of blaster scourges ^^
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: 2k pure kabal pure shooting    2k pure kabal pure shooting  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2019, 17:34

That all sounds good to me! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k pure kabal pure shooting    2k pure kabal pure shooting  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k pure kabal pure shooting
Page 1 of 1