THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Good start?

Go down 
+4
dumpeal
Rodi Sikni
Lord Asvaldir
RolandDarkfire
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RolandDarkfire
Hellion
RolandDarkfire

Good start? Empty
PostSubject: Good start?   Good start? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2019, 11:00

Trading to start a Drukhari army again, would this be a good base to build on? Thanks Smile

3x kabalite warriors boxes
4x wyches boxes
2x archon nib
2x raider
1x ravager nib
2x succubus
4x venoms
2x scourges boxes
4x reaver jetbikes boxes
Drukhari codex
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

Good start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good start?   Good start? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2019, 12:31

That's definetly more than you need to start a solid DE army. Got multiples in there of several key choices like kabalite warriors, raiders and venoms which is good. Plus with the characters you have and the kabalite warrior/wyches can start by making 2x battalion detachments, one kabalite one a wych cult and grow your army from there.

Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

Good start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good start?   Good start? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2019, 14:25

In my opinion, the price of the reavers is a thievery. Instead of 4 boxes of reavers i think that is better 3 talos and Urien Rakarth. I think that they have the same cost, and in this way you have the 3 subfactions. Other idea could be change two venoms for other ravager.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Good start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good start?   Good start? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2019, 14:49

Personnally, I'm more on the raider side than the venom, but I guess it's up to preference.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

Good start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good start?   Good start? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2019, 22:32

Rodi Sikni wrote:
In my opinion, the price of the reavers is a thievery. Instead of 4 boxes of reavers i think that is better 3 talos and Urien Rakarth. I think that they have the same cost, and in this way you have the 3 subfactions. Other idea could be change two venoms for other ravager.

The price for reavers is not great, but it's a pretty easy price to get around between both our old and new start collecting boxes both coming with reavers, and if you get lucky you can find a gangs of commorragh set on ebay with 6 reavers. I'm up to 21 reavers and I don't think I've bought a single box, just got them from GoC and start collecting.

Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

Good start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good start?   Good start? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13 2019, 22:56

pro tip instead of one ravager and two raiders, spring for three ravagers and then magnetize them.

they are almost identical kits and really really easy to magnetize, that way you can opt to run a spearhead with them, or swap them in to raiders when needed.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

Good start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good start?   Good start? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14 2019, 13:40

If I was to start again knowing what I know now I would get;

3× Archons
3× Ravagers (and magnetize them to use them as Raiders aswell as Nogrim said)
3× Kabalites
2× Scourge

3× Start Collecting (3 succubus, 30 wyches, 3 Venoms, 9 Reavers)
2× Gangs of Commoragh (12 Reavers 20 Hellions)
3× Razorwing Jetfighters

2× Haemonculus
3× Wracks
3× Talos/Cronos

From there I'd have a pretty decent selection of units and detachments whilst avoiding finecast...
Then I'd head down the long dark road of collecting 30 metal incubi and 30 metal mandrakes again, as well as converting up 5 Grotesques...

I just tallied this up on darksphere and webstore GW... it would be like £650 silent
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

Good start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good start?   Good start? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14 2019, 15:08

Could I suggest proxying models before you buy them, if your main intention is to play with them? I went pretty all out when starting my army and have wound up with a lot of stuff that I just flat out don't use - I got 30 Hellions for a pretty cheap price, for instance, but that doesn't matter at all since they're almost permanently tucked away in a box. It didn't take more than a game or two to realise that I just didn't find them as useful as other stuff I could be taking.

My tournament-ready list comes out to something like £400 straight from GW and that doesn't factor in that other sellers and second hand will be cheaper, or that conversions and kitbashing can save you a lot of potential money. It's not a cheap hobby, but you can definitely keep costs down if you don't buy everything immediately.
Back to top Go down
newtonEmma
Slave

Good start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good start?   Good start? I_icon_minitimeMon May 20 2019, 16:18

Good start always have a good end but some times not Arrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good start?   Good start? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good start?
Page 1 of 1