THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

NOVA Open and us

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
seether
Slave

NOVA Open and us Empty
PostSubject: NOVA Open and us   NOVA Open and us I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 01:06

(I would post the link but I'm still in my seven day window. Google Nova Open 2012)

So yeah, NOVA Open registration started either today or yesterday. I have never attended a Grand Tournament before, so I am obviously a little nervous about signing up (it costs $100 US total). Despite that, I've always placed well in just about every other 'small' tournament I've ever played (Top 6 or so, going by a 16 player tournament).

Anyway, my real point: I am fairly curious as to the Trios tournament portion and whether or not fellow Archons might be interested in linking together to form a huge assault upon this NOVA Open. Anyone who happens to live in the region, I am willing to get together and game/get to know ya so we can figure things out.

Regardless on whether or not we can get a team (or teams) together, I plan on making this tournament a goal of mine. It'll give me motivation to paint my entire army over the next several months.

Off Topic as far as 40k is concerned: I am more than likely planning on also participating in the Infinity Tournament also being held there.

-- Hopefully I put this in the right forum. I figured this might be appropriate for the News and Rumors section.
Back to top Go down
Tanhausen
Hellion

NOVA Open and us Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOVA Open and us   NOVA Open and us I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 14:27

If you've never atended a GT... just 1 suggestion (I've only played in Spain, with also 80-100 players).

Do not get wound up on the result.

Enjoy the enviroment, the general feeling... and set yourself a reasonable target... maybe not going home with all loses? Smile

I'm a solid Dark Angels player... and I never ask myself anything else than "top 50%" when I go to events like this... because you will see extreme builds as well as extreme people.

Just wanted to share Smile
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

NOVA Open and us Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOVA Open and us   NOVA Open and us I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03 2011, 21:11

Tournament discussion should go in the Tournament section Wink

Thread moved.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
seether
Slave

NOVA Open and us Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOVA Open and us   NOVA Open and us I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 18:38

First, sorry for this being about a month or more late. I've been out of the loop more or less.

Anyhow Tanhausen: For 'local' tournaments, I generally have the same motto I had when I played baseball: You're going in to have fun. If you win, it's because you were good. If you lose, learn from your mistakes and just enjoy being able to be there.

It'll probably be the same for the NOVA Open, should I end up going. From what I am seeing this year, it could end up being a tough one for Dark Eldar players in general, but it might be my novice goggles telling me that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NOVA Open and us Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOVA Open and us   NOVA Open and us I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NOVA Open and us
Page 1 of 1