THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ? Empty
PostSubject: Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ?   Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2019, 10:37

So, a while back, I think it was a Big FAQ which put in the rule that you can only generate one new Command Point per Battle Round.
BUT, after the recent FAQ updates on 29th April, the Drukhari FAQ still reads:

Quote :
"Labyrinthine Cunning - Change the rules text to read: Whilst your Warlord is on the battlefield, roll a d6 each time you or your opponent spends a Command Point to use a Stratagem; you gain a Command Point for each roll of 6."

So, if Codex trumps rulebook, and presumably Codex trumps Chapter Approved too, then does Codex FAQ trump rulebook FAQ or updates?

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ?   Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2019, 10:40

FAQ also finalised the 1cp per turn rule and gave the exemptions so I dont think so
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ?   Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2019, 11:41

Gizamaluke wrote:
FAQ also finalised the 1cp per turn rule and gave the exemptions so I dont think so

Yeah, the update finalised it. But on the same day they updated all the Codex FAQs.
And the Drukhari one still includes the above quote.
And Codex trumps Rulebook.

I can completely see that they maybe wanted to or forgot to update that one line in the Druklhari8 FAQ, but as is currently written, I think it can be argued the Codex FAQ trumps even the Update, because the Update is a Rulebook one.

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ?   Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2019, 13:26

Keep in mind that the big FAQ states this for Matched play. The codex FAQ states this for general use (open and narrative). Therefore, for matched play, the big FAQ takes precedence.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ?   Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2019, 13:29

Siticus the Ancient wrote:
Keep in mind that the big FAQ states this for Matched play. The codex FAQ states this for general use (open and narrative). Therefore, for matched play, the big FAQ takes precedence.

I'm not sure I get the distinction.
Codex FAQ applies to all, including Matched Play.
So if both Big FAQ and Drukhari FAQ count for Matched, doesn't Codex trump Rulebook in this case?

I may be playing devils advocate at this point, but Codex FAQ does apply to matched too.

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ?   Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2019, 13:57

The Tactical Restraint rule is specific to the Matched Play format. It very clearly defines you cannot gain more than one CP per turn and very explicitly notes a few exceptions to the rule such as Agents of Vect or Player of the Twilight warlord trait. If you play Matched Play, you follow this rule, it's as simple as that.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ?   Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2019, 14:29

The Tactical Restraint rule is specific to the Matched Play format. It very clearly defines you cannot gain more than one CP per turn and very explicitly notes a few exceptions to the rule such as Agents of Vect or Player of the Twilight warlord trait. If you play Matched Play, you follow this rule, it's as simple as that.

My point is that if you play Matched play, you ALSO use the Labyrinthine Cunning rule as given in the Drukhari FAQ. And that FAQ was also updated on April 29th, and reads as I quoted.

Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ?   Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2019, 15:30

Squidmaster wrote:

My point is that if you play Matched play, you ALSO use the Labyrinthine Cunning rule as given in the Drukhari FAQ. And that FAQ was also updated on April 29th, and reads as I quoted.

They're not mutually exclusive.

You gain a command point for each roll of 6.
You can gain a maximum of one command point this way each round.

You could replace the value in the second rule with any other number and the two rules would both still be in effect.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ?   Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2019, 21:10

Wasn't the Labyrinthine update to clarify the language? It wasn't intended to tweak the ability after the FAQ. It's the same language as pre-big FAQ. So this shouldn't affect the matched play requirements.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ?   Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does Codex FAQ trump Rulebook FAQ?
Page 1 of 1