THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ

Go down 
+6
Aroshamash
Lysis
Gobsmakked
xzandrate
Sky Serpent
tmonster
10 posters
AuthorMessage
tmonster
Hellion

New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ Empty
PostSubject: New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ   New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 15:36

Grey Knight FAQ

BRB FAQ

Nothing about the crucible of malediction and grey knights.
Mandrakes are now deamons.....

Fixed Link Tags - Tordeck
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ   New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 15:51

I was going to move this to General Rmours but I feel the fact that Mandrakes and Decapitator are now officially counted as Daemons is interesting enough to start a topic here.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ   New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 17:50

Brilliant, they can't manage to answer questions about rules that do exist in the book, instead they just make up all new rules to support the new tournament darlings.

I wish this were more surprising or disappointing then it is, but I've long but come to expect this from GW.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ   New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 19:41

A strong hint towards the bestiary that's accompanying the new Sisters Codex next month?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ   New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 20:15

There is an existing thread here in the Background sub-forum on "Daemons in Commorragh".

You might want to continue discussion of that aspect there.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Lysis
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ   New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 05:35

Looks like a lot of the GK speculations got hit pretty hard. Almost bad enough to say they got the 'Nid treatment?

"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ   New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 06:00

Not really. They can stack Hammerhand, even more things count as Daemons, the plasma syphon works against almost every tau weapon, you only need one guy in a squad to have special grenades for the whole squad to benefit, and they can have termies in Chimera's. In exchange, falchions got confirmed to be useless (but noone took them anyway, just in case), and Dreadknights have to take upgrades to be better.
Personally, I'd say that's about the opposite of "hit pretty hard". If anything, it made them far more powerful against certain armies, and some wargear became damn awesome.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ   New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 11:40

Really the measuring stick i was goin with was that wherever there was a question, it often ruled against them. Granted, there were a lot more nid questions, so more minuses, but this was just my take on it.

Loss of shunt move in the scout phase
Loss of Halberd Initiative when modified (compare this to the lash whip rules? how is this consistent, GW?)

I'm most disappointed they didn't answer the crucible of malediction question...

"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ   New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 12:04

The special grenade thing was obvious (since they affect the enemy. Doesn't matter if the other models in the unit have them as they change the enmy stats, not give bonuses to models using them). Hammerhand stacking seems rather odd to me. However, they finally clarified whether you cna repeatedly cats the same power. In you'r face, BA player claiming he can try to cast the same power again after Mephistoteles rolled 11 on his psychic test! Interestingly Khimerae ar enot counted as daemons despite being Warp-entities, yet the possibly half-daemonic Mandrakes are. Also, I'm still not sure whether dissies count as plasma. Seeing how they weren't listed in the list of plasma weapons, I'm leaning towards no.

Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ   New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2011, 11:39

According to the rulebook FAQ dreadknights can now deepstrike…

Edit: and raiders can shoot at vehichles while their passengers shoot elsewhere!
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ   New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2011, 12:14

Todo13 wrote:
Edit: and raiders can shoot at vehichles while their passengers shoot elsewhere!

Oh my god. This is why rules development should write FAQ, not some random wankers. (Yes, FAQ department is separate from RD)

Ain't that covered, like seriously, 5-6 times in rulebook? Actually most of those things are basics, while good question aren't answered at all.
Back to top Go down
furyan
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ   New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 09:16

Local_Ork wrote:
Todo13 wrote:

Oh my god. This is why rules development should write FAQ, not some random wankers. (Yes, FAQ department is separate from RD)

Ain't that covered, like seriously, 5-6 times in rulebook? Actually most of those things are basics, while good question aren't answered at all.

maybe they dont answer good questions coz the questions are that good that they dont know the answers.
Back to top Go down
furyan
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ   New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 04:20

BTW, updates on the GW GK FAQ. Cleansing flame is now a close-combat attack, which makes wyches able to dodge it.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ   New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 07:41

And bulls*&@ of the year from rulebook (like we need another one):

Q: When two special rules or effects contradict each
other how is this resolved? (p2)
A: Roll off using ‘The Most Important Rule!’.

btw I find fact GK got 2 FAQs already hilarious. Orks needed about 2 years for that.
Back to top Go down
furyan
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ   New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14 2011, 01:09

Seems like Mat Ward was too excited with the GK codex that he lost a lot of logical reasoning when making it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ   New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New GK FAQ and Rulebook FAQ
Page 1 of 1