THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Ynnari Rules

Go down 
+3
Burnage
Gizamaluke
Dr.Morbid
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

New Ynnari Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Ynnari Rules   New Ynnari Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2019, 11:57

Soulless Samurai wrote:
As a question, do you think making Soulburst +1 to Wound instead of +1 to hit would have made it overpowered?

I ask because that would have made it not useless on all characters, and also not completely redundant with PfP.

There would have potentially been some very strong interactions - there are quite a lot of Eldar units that have stuff like "do bonus mortal wounds if you get a 6+ to wound".

Overpowered, though? Probably not, but I think GW were playing it on the safe side since the goal of this rework was pretty clearly to hamstring the Ynnari as a faction.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Ynnari Rules   New Ynnari Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2019, 11:59

Burnage wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
As a question, do you think making Soulburst +1 to Wound instead of +1 to hit would have made it overpowered?

I ask because that would have made it not useless on all characters, and also not completely redundant with PfP.

There would have potentially been some very strong interactions - there are quite a lot of Eldar units that have stuff like "do bonus mortal wounds if you get a 6+ to wound".

Overpowered, though? Probably not, but I think GW were playing it on the safe side since the goal of this rework was pretty clearly to hamstring the Ynnari as a faction.

You're probably right. It's just depressing to see DE constantly crapped on.

It's not just that +1 to hit is weak, it's that it's worthless for our entire army from turn 3 onwards, and useless for every character (including the Ynnari ones) from turn 1 onwards.

Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: New Ynnari Rules   New Ynnari Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2019, 13:01

The only things in the DE codex that have abilities that could benefit from +1 to wound would be a Hungering Blade Archon, Lhameans (who could potentially hit on 2s, wound on 2s and mortal wound on 3+) and the Klaivex from each incubi squad. Not exactly units that would shake the meta.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Ynnari Rules   New Ynnari Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2019, 13:09

Gizamaluke wrote:
The only things in the DE codex that have abilities that could benefit from +1 to wound would be a Hungering Blade Archon, Lhameans (who could potentially hit on 2s, wound on 2s and mortal wound on 3+) and the Klaivex from each incubi squad. Not exactly units that would shake the meta.

If anything, I'd say those are all units that could do with the boost.

Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: New Ynnari Rules   New Ynnari Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2019, 13:18

Yeah, and it would take some doing to get off (3 units killed each turn) and would only affect melee, so yeah pretty balanced imo.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: New Ynnari Rules   New Ynnari Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2019, 13:27

Gizamaluke wrote:

Add in the multiple ways to get Doom-like effects and it starts to get a bit better looking. Meta shaking? Again, probably not, but GW seem like they were being very cautious here.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: New Ynnari Rules   New Ynnari Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2019, 13:42

It's still averages out at most like 2 mortals from an archon, one attack with 2D per klaivex and 2 mortal wounds per lhamean which is decent
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: New Ynnari Rules   New Ynnari Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2019, 15:54

I saw somewhere the idea of running a Wraithseer with shroud relic and the regen wounds WL trait...

Tired it out yesterday in a friendly game. Wow. They thing is a tank to bring down. It was harder for my opponent to kill than my sword and board wraith knight.

What I found, was that wraithlords and the wraithseer love being ynnari. Getting to hit on 2's for them, re-rolling one's was a gem. While not top-tier meta, I do now feel that wraiths are playable.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: New Ynnari Rules   New Ynnari Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2019, 16:02

Yeah 1/2 damage and a 5+++ with regen on a 3+/5++ is good.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Ynnari Rules   New Ynnari Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2019, 16:14

Only thing there is that 2 sources of 5++ seems a bit redundant.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ynnari Rules   New Ynnari Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Ynnari Rules
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2