THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grotesque Conversion

Go down 
+2
Jimsolo
Dexsaurus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dexsaurus
Slave
Dexsaurus

Grotesque Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Grotesque Conversion   Grotesque Conversion I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2019, 03:53

Hi, I'm looking to field some Grotesques but I'm really against their models. I'm running The Hex as my coven and in the lore they have enslaved a Genesteal cult, so I was thinking of converting a box of Abberants with my Talos bitz into a bunch of Grotesques. Anyone know see any issues with that?

I'm playing almost exclusively with close friends, if that changed anything.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversion   Grotesque Conversion I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2019, 05:01

I can't see anyone having a problem with that. Adding the DE bits will make it clear. Personally, I would paint them to look all gross and experimental. I think those factors will make it completely evident what everyone is supposed to be looking at.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversion   Grotesque Conversion I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2019, 06:28

Extra talos masks go a long way on any grotesque conversion. I have board game conversions, chaos spawn conversions, an ork warboss. They go a long way to tie things together.

I reeeaally like the the art on the grotesque lore page (p71) of the Drukhari book. Both the daikatana and the battle axe grotesques are awesome. I think aberrants could capture that same feel with talos masks, weapon swaps, and those little talos manipulator arms sprouting from their backs.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversion   Grotesque Conversion I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2019, 07:22

Moved to Painting & Modelling section - Count Adhemar
Back to top Go down
shadoweyed
Slave
shadoweyed

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversion   Grotesque Conversion I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2019, 23:53

I'm using these models for mine, and none of my friends question it.

Raging Heros LE Centaurs

They are very tedious to assemble though.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversion   Grotesque Conversion I_icon_minitimeSat May 25 2019, 08:45

You could possibly try messing around with some tyrant guard or tyranid warriors, for a more nid-like look, otherwise I'm not as knowledgeable on gene cult
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Conversion   Grotesque Conversion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grotesque Conversion
Page 1 of 1