THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 pts DE/Harlequin semi-competitive

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashoka
Slave
Ashoka

2000 pts DE/Harlequin semi-competitive Empty
PostSubject: 2000 pts DE/Harlequin semi-competitive   2000 pts DE/Harlequin semi-competitive I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2019, 15:42

Hi all,

here's a list I came up with. It is meant as a base list for local tournaments. Is it vviable in your opinion? I'm asking because I would like to start with some Harlequins and incorporate them in my existing DE-collection. In other words: are the Harlequins in this form worth to invest in? And are there changes you would recommend?

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [40 PL, 3CP, 734pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Court of the Archon [4 PL, 57pts]
. Lhamean
. Sslyth
. Ur-Ghul

Detachment Attribute
. Kabal of the Flayed Skull

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 76pts]: Huskblade, Splinter pistol

Archon [4 PL, 74pts]: Agoniser, Splinter pistol

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [2 PL, 38pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Shredder
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

. 3x Kabalite Warrior

. 3x Kabalite Warrior

. 3x Kabalite Warrior

+ Dedicated Transport +

Venom [4 PL, 75pts]: Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [33 PL, 582pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Attribute
. Kabal of the Black Heart

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 72pts]: Labyrinthine Cunning, Splinter pistol, Venom Blade, Warlord (Archon)
. Writ of the Living Muse

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [7 PL, 125pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

Ravager [7 PL, 125pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

+ Flyer +

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 135pts]: Twin splinter rifle
. 2 Disintegrator Cannons: 2x Disintegrator cannon

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Harlequins) [39 PL, -1CP, 682pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Enigmas of the Black Library (1 Relic) [-1CP]

Masque Form: The Dreaming Shadow: Sombre Sentinels

+ HQ +

Shadowseer [7 PL, 125pts]: Shuriken Pistol

+ Elites +

Solitaire [5 PL, 98pts]: Harlequin's Caress, Harlequin's Kiss
. Cegorach's Rose

+ Fast Attack +

Skyweavers [9 PL, 153pts]
. Skyweaver: Haywire Cannon, Zephyrglaive

++ Total: [112 PL, 9CP, 1,998pts] ++

(I changed the CP to 9, as - for some reason - battlescribe put me down to 2...)

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts DE/Harlequin semi-competitive   2000 pts DE/Harlequin semi-competitive I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2019, 04:59

It's certainly fairly strong, but there's a couple things to consider:

1) Your Court of the Archon selection is very bloated. Remember these are 3 individual units of 1 model each, so they all need to declare charges on their own, and all give up kill points separately. I think a single Lhamean with both Archons in a Venom is sufficient as she reduces the risk of losing an Archon if that Venom dies. Save your points here for better options.

2) You ideally want one or more units of 6 Skyweavers so that strats and spells are more efficient. Using Lightning Fast Reflexes, Blur of Motion (or whatever the 3++ strat is called) or casting Twilight Pathways is so much more bang for your buck when you target 6 models than only 3. A popular Outrider build is 2/2/6 to take advantage of this. Alternatively, you can shoot for a Vanguard with Solitaire and double Death Jester then 1-2 units of Skyweavers, 1 unit of which is 6 models strong.

On a personal, subjective note I feel that both Splinter Cannons and Shredders are overrated and over priced. By removing a Splinter Cannon from each Venom and a Shredder from each Kabalite unit you can instead afford Blaster in each unit which raised their threat level immensely. You need Blasters or equivalent in your list because right now there's a lot of lists out there that will just laugh off both your Disintegrators, Poison and your Haywire (Tau Riptides with support comes to mind). You can already handle hordes without any hassle, so losing 5 Splinter Cannons and 4 Shredders is no big deal.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Ashoka
Slave
Ashoka

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts DE/Harlequin semi-competitive   2000 pts DE/Harlequin semi-competitive I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2019, 07:49

Hi and thanks a lot for your input.

I am especially grateful for your comments on the unit sizes of the bikes. I didn't think of maximizing the strategems. And you are completely right on the Court. The Sslyth will have to go. So far it did nothing except eat up points spent better somewhere else. I might drop the third Archon as well (losing 1 CP) and run the army as Black Heart. With the point savings I might get one extra bike and a Death Jester.

On the other hand I disagree as to Blasters vs. Shredders. So far the Blasters have been a terrible disappointment for me. If I somehow manage to hit and to wound (seldom enough and always stressfull) I roll a 1 or 2 for the damage. The only time so far I managed to roll a 6 was against Necrons and then Quantum Shielding happened. Mad I am going to play around with this list (first I have to get the bikes, though jocolor ) and try things out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts DE/Harlequin semi-competitive   2000 pts DE/Harlequin semi-competitive I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 pts DE/Harlequin semi-competitive
Page 1 of 1