THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE Apocalypse Datasheets

Go down 
+7
Archon_91
Dalamar
amishprn86
Jimsolo
Burnage
Myrvn
Lord Asvaldir
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

DE Apocalypse Datasheets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Apocalypse Datasheets   DE Apocalypse Datasheets - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2019, 13:39

I am looking at scourges and reavers and it seems to me like scourges in apocalypse are better reavers.. They have the same melee attack, better ranged attack if they don't take a special weapon, if reavers want a blaster (which woulf be a waste) scourges could up to 4, and scourges have a better armor save. The only thing reavers have better is speed but if you are taking reavers for a harrass unit to prevent units that cant fly from shooting (which in my opinion is their only use) scourges can do that better too because they deepstrike. They can get 9" aeay and addault order for 28 inches. If some deployments are 36" apart this is way better than reavers 40 inch move. Unless reavers have a very good stratagem i dont see the point. Except that reavers are cheaper at 6 menthan scourges are at 10 man but again they are only harrassmemt units so i dont think thats relevant
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: DE Apocalypse Datasheets   DE Apocalypse Datasheets - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2019, 14:47

Reavers can be made bigger and more resilient than scourges (which top out at 10 models). So there is that. You can get a 10 model scourge unit at 10 power that has 2 wounds, or a 12 model reaver unit for 16 that has 4 wounds (or a 3 wound 9 model reaver unit for 12 pts).
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: DE Apocalypse Datasheets   DE Apocalypse Datasheets - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2019, 17:53

Yes but do you really want a distraction unit to be so expensive and big? Reavers just don't have hitting power at any size for their points and have the durability of wyches. Even though you can go more wounds on them the only significant boost is from that 1 wound to 2 wound sweetspot and i dont think i would put them as a big unit. Since they will be in range of all your opponents small fry guns like bolters and such i only see these units really just holding aomwthing up for one critical moment by using their speed and thats about it. In that regards i think disposable scourges will accomplish more than disposable reavers
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: DE Apocalypse Datasheets   DE Apocalypse Datasheets - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2019, 18:40

Nah, when you play the game you'll see Reavers are actually really good SAP, dont take any other weapons, go all SAP and have fun with you 4 wounds, Scourges are good b.c of DSing, but they dont really hold up.

If you can break that 2 wound mark thats really good, after playing a bit small arms are going tho not kill your small arms to fast if you have the wounds, MSU are bad in Apoc.

Tho i would still take both b.c i can, but Reavers will normally outlast your scourges (I would rather Fortified a building with Scourges and shoot, at least they will get a 6+ vs large blasts)

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE Apocalypse Datasheets   DE Apocalypse Datasheets - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE Apocalypse Datasheets
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2