THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Apocalypse! What works for you?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Enociac
Hellion
Enociac

Apocalypse! What works for you?  Empty
PostSubject: Apocalypse! What works for you?    Apocalypse! What works for you?  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 21:46

So This summer my buddy is coming back from Korea, and I'm teaming up with my craftworld bolt-sponge buddy to fight the returning blood angels. The ensuing battle is going to be an apoc game, and I was wondering what formations you like to run. I was going to test out

The Dark Olympiad

The razorwing screw you squadron

and the kabalite webstrike.

What works for you, and what sort of things should I worry about when it comes to apoc nipple marines?
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse! What works for you?    Apocalypse! What works for you?  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 22:53

Dark Olympiad worked pretty solidly for me, and the Kabalite Webstrike was used to great advantage pushing up a flank. Dropping that giant WWP at the beginning dictated the whole game, and kept my opponent smooched into a corner in fear. That said, I'd definitely recommend deploying the WWP nearer the centre of the map to be able to guarantee a plethora of targets when you jump out.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse! What works for you?    Apocalypse! What works for you?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 01 2014, 03:02

The Olympiad is probably the best overall DE formation at the moment, depending on how well your local group allows you to modify older formations to still field them (in which case, Splinter Raid Force remains the best)

I find the Razorwing Sickle Squadron pretty underwhelming.

Webway is decent and will help the Olympiad get stuck in.

In Apoc generally the thing to remember is that units can disappear in a flash - so don't get too focused on making anything durable, I find focusing on damage output and plethora of targets is usually a better tactic.

Blast/Large Blast D weapons are the be all and end all. If you have them, use them, if you lack them destroy them asap.

Other than that the usual stuff is a good answer for the Blood Angels, poison them up, and keep a respectful mid range distance.

Back to top Go down
Enociac
Hellion
Enociac

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse! What works for you?    Apocalypse! What works for you?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 01 2014, 03:27

It's a private game, just us three. I really don't care who modifies what, and my craftworld friend once proxied tervigons for wraithknights or some other nonsense, so we're pretty ok with modifications. So, with that in mind, what is a splinter raid force?

Also, I can keep the dark olympiad in reserve and push it out of the webway portal?

As for formations the logic so far is thus:

1) I happened to have three razorwings around, so if it's free I figured I might as well.

2) Our blood angel foe has a fortress of redemption, and the kabalite webstrike was going to go after that. I figured if I could pry the marines off the thing by turn two we have a chance at using the fancy lascannon against the inevitable deluge of stormravens.

When it comes to D-weapons, I think the best we have right now is the sunstorm squadron. My ally has like 5 fire prisms, so we can do that. We're only playing at 10,000 points so it's not the hugest apoc game ever, but it's still fun enough I think.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse! What works for you?    Apocalypse! What works for you?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 01 2014, 04:01

Enociac wrote:
It's a private game, just us three. I really don't care who modifies what, and my craftworld friend once proxied tervigons for wraithknights or some other nonsense, so we're pretty ok with modifications. So, with that in mind, what is a splinter raid force?
Basically, and with some adjustment as I changed it for the new dex, it's an Archon + a pile of buddies in a collection or Raiders, Venoms, and Jetbikes. They start in reserve but enter at the start of the game anywhere on the board. They then count as flying for the first turn (so no disembarking, only shooting).

You can see it in action here; http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/535471.page#5769520

Enociac wrote:
Also, I can keep the dark olympiad in reserve and push it out of the webway portal?
Yes.

Back to top Go down
Enociac
Hellion
Enociac

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse! What works for you?    Apocalypse! What works for you?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 01 2014, 11:46

Thank you! That's incredibly helpful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse! What works for you?    Apocalypse! What works for you?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse! What works for you?
Page 1 of 1