THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000Pt List Help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StickySK
Slave
StickySK

1000Pt List Help Empty
PostSubject: 1000Pt List Help   1000Pt List Help I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2012, 06:32

Hi I'm fairly new to the Warhammer scene.
I've been playing my friend with 1000 point games since I only have about that many units so far.
He plays an Eldar list and I'll post the list I've been playing as well. I can't seem to even get close to beat him, its always a landslide victory.

Eldar 1000
HQ- Eldrad Uthren
Fortune-Guide
HQ2- Avatar of Khaine
Troop- 2x Eldar Guardian squads
Elite- Eldar Wave Serpent
Dire Avengers ^

Heavy Support- WraithLord
BrightLance, Shuriken.

Dark Eldar 1000
HQ-Lelith
HQ2- Archon
Venom Blade Shadow Field Combat Drugs
5 Incubi - Klaivex
Bloodstone Onslaught
9 Wyches
Hydra Gauntlet, Haywire Grenades
10 Trueborn
8xShardcarbine, 2xSplinter Cannon
2xRaider - Disintigrator, Enhanced aethersails, Night Sheilds
Ravager - Dark Lance Night Sheild.

"I am what we must become. Through me, you see our future. Few can stand against my might. No great Daemon, nor petty Eldar, nor the pitiful beasts that run around our kingdoms, claiming to own them. How fitting..."
—Archon Kh'err'akh'an
Back to top Go down
Melkor
Hellion
Melkor

1000Pt List Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000Pt List Help   1000Pt List Help I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2012, 06:38

Lelith has a sweet model but she's uber-expensive for a 1000 point army. Also I belive your army has only 1 troop choice. You need at least 2 for a legal army, but you would do well to have at least 3. Grab some kabalite warriors or something. I find that troop saturation frequently wins games of its own accord.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

1000Pt List Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000Pt List Help   1000Pt List Help I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2012, 14:37

you need 2 troops for a legal army. Right now you only have 1.

Secondly, poison, poison, poison... it makes mince meat out of every MC it hits. Drop the wyches and lelith, and get some warriors in venoms (and a haemie or some other cheap HQ) Also keep the DL on the Ravager, your going to need them to hurt the WL

The reason you have been losing is that all of his Assault elements are over S6 T6 (with the WL being S10 T8) and your wyches/ Incubi cant do anything against that consistantly. His list is very points heavy (taking Eldrad and Avatar in 1k??? blasphemy!!!) So those are your targets. Your best bet is to drop Eldrad on the ground (making it harder for him to fortune something) and start pouring shots into him, once he starts wasting one of his fortunes on Eldrad's squad to keep him alive, then start pouring shots into the one MC he didnt fortune. Once he switches, you switch.

Play the shooting match against him, and you will win.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
StickySK
Slave
StickySK

1000Pt List Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000Pt List Help   1000Pt List Help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09 2012, 23:33

Yeah I was given all of those units from a friend and I haven't purchased anything extra thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I also thought that Eldrad and The Avatar was very cheesy.

"I am what we must become. Through me, you see our future. Few can stand against my might. No great Daemon, nor petty Eldar, nor the pitiful beasts that run around our kingdoms, claiming to own them. How fitting..."
—Archon Kh'err'akh'an
Back to top Go down
ravagetheimperium
Slave
ravagetheimperium

1000Pt List Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000Pt List Help   1000Pt List Help I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10 2012, 03:34

Completely agree with Shadows Revenge, both of your lists have insanely expensive HQs. For low points, I would take a Succubus w/agoniser (effective combat IC) and/or a Haemonculus w/liquifier gun (cheap, good support IC). Haemys can also take arcane wargear-I would recommend a Shattershard against Eldar. That's a crazy and highly effective way to deal with cheesy ICs with low toughness (YES I'm talking to you Eldrad!).

I'm no expert, but I'd say your Incubi aren't doing much-I'd drop the Klaivex and his powers at least, but you might even consider dropping them entirely and getting some more poison shooting. Poison will kill that WL easily, just swap in some warriors in a dakka Venom (that's a Venom w/extra SC). This will also make your army legal by adding a troop choice.

Again, I'd drop the anti-infantry Trueborn and get some more Warriors/Wyches and transports at this point level.

A neat trick which worked brilliantly in my low point games is taking shock prows, and if possible, torment grenade launchers on Raiders and tank shocking his troop choices off the board, leaving him unable to capture objectives. With your 24" flat out move, tank shocks are potent indeed. Guardians are Ld 8 if I remember correctly, and it may not even require TGL to break them after you shoot them up a bit.

Slave
StickySK

1000Pt List Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000Pt List Help   1000Pt List Help I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13 2012, 20:19

Alright so I've recently redone my list and I'm thinking about picking up some scourges and a venom.

Dark Eldar 1000
HQ-Succubus
Agoniser
PGL
HQ2- Archon
Power Axe Shadow Field Combat Drugs
4 Incubi
5 Scourges - 2 Haywire Blaster
9 Wyches
Hydra Gauntlet, Haywire Grenades
10 Warriors
1 Splinter Cannon
Venom - xSC, Night Shield
2xRaider - Disintigrator, Enhanced aethersails, Night Sheilds, Splinter Racks
Ravager - Dark Lance Night Shield.

PS: Im at work and not infront of a codex or have my actual list I just wanted to get his posted to see if dropping Lelith and grabbing a cheap succubus and getting a venom to carry the incubi and archon and scourges to take out his Vehicle and put more shots into ICs, Also should I keep splinter cannons on the warriors or get a DLance

—Archon Kh'err'akh'an
Back to top Go down
ravagetheimperium
Slave
ravagetheimperium

1000Pt List Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000Pt List Help   1000Pt List Help I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 00:31

Hmm. Let's look at your PS first. I would argue that the SC is better on your Warriors, since it can be used as an assault weapon and synergizes well with your other Warriors' weapons and SR-equipped Raider.

Some comments about your list:

-I can't see how the Raider with the Warriors (who basically want to be shooting rather than moving close to the enemy) is going to benefit from AES. Likewise, the Raider with the Wyches may not make the most of SR. Better drop them and get something else.

-The Scourges may not be doing much unless your opponent has revised his list and brought more Wave Serpents, Falcons, Prisms etc. instead of his super-duper-expensive HQ. If you get 5 Warriors in a Venom w/2xSC instead, they can still threaten vehicles but be much more punishing against his infantry, WL and Avatar.

Slave
StickySK

1000Pt List Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000Pt List Help   1000Pt List Help I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 04:18

I apologize I was trying, and failing, at doing colors for squads.
The Wyches Raider is the only one with AES
The Warriors Raider is the only one with SR
Should I use DL or DC, vs His list on my Raiders?
Even with his list not having Tanks etc, I could take SC instead of HB on the 2 scourges that get the upgrade
I'm not sure if that would be good.

—Archon Kh'err'akh'an
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1000Pt List Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000Pt List Help   1000Pt List Help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000Pt List Help
Page 1 of 1