THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Warhammer World Events and Counts as models

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Weston
Hellion
Lord Weston

Warhammer World Events and Counts as models Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer World Events and Counts as models   Warhammer World Events and Counts as models I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02 2019, 13:50

Hi all, I am in the process of planning for the War Without End event in December at Warhammer World. I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience with the Warhammer world model requirements and counts as: I currently used AoS Namarti thralls with alternative paint jobs for my mandrakes and I would quite like to use them for the event. They are obviously 100% GW minis and would be fully painted with wargear represented. The rules pack isn't clear on this kind of proxying as anyone had any issues with this at HQ before?
Back to top Go down
Archon Rievect
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer World Events and Counts as models   Warhammer World Events and Counts as models I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02 2019, 17:55

I would try to contact warhammer world directly and ask... If they are WYSIWYG and GW models I dont see any issues.... But then again GW is anal about a lot of things or players at events can be whiny beotches and who knows, could whine about your minis ......

Besides who is to say what Mandrakes ACTUALLY look like anyway?? they live in a shadow realm... best of luck may you beat some ass in the game.
Back to top Go down
Lord Weston
Hellion
Lord Weston

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer World Events and Counts as models   Warhammer World Events and Counts as models I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2019, 08:28

This is very true! Mandrakes could actually be screaming plant babies. I am going to email them anyway both my archons are conversions. I was just wondering if anyone might know what the likely outcome was!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer World Events and Counts as models   Warhammer World Events and Counts as models I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2019, 08:45

They generally go with the idea that an opponent should know what the model is that they are fighting against. If that is clear from looking at the model without having to constantly ask "What are those?" then you'll probably be okay, especially if they look cool. I've used my 'grotesques' a few times, which are heavily converted crypt horrors and the GW staff have always been "Oh, they look cool!"

Archon Rievect
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer World Events and Counts as models   Warhammer World Events and Counts as models I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2019, 08:51

Well as long as they say they must be GW minis and WYSIWYG for play and do not have some requirement that they must be from the particular game line(40K in this instance) then you should be golden..... I would definitely demand a reply and a named person that you can print and take with you...
Back to top Go down
Lord Weston
Hellion
Lord Weston

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer World Events and Counts as models   Warhammer World Events and Counts as models I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2019, 09:46

That's sounds promising thanks Adhemar! Yeah the Mandrakes baleblast is hard to WYSIWYG but the blades are definitely obvious. I will email them and ask later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer World Events and Counts as models   Warhammer World Events and Counts as models I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warhammer World Events and Counts as models
Page 1 of 1