THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

World Championship of Warhammer 40k

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

World Championship of Warhammer 40k Empty
PostSubject: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15 2023, 18:39

Klick me!! I'm a link to Goonhammer.

Well, finally its time for a WCW. And guess what? There even are some Drukhari players.
Ok, only 3 in total and, funny thing, they all are in group 1, but there really are.
One of them is from Austria. My neighbourhood, or so to speak.

Their lists are still unknown to me, but I expect lots of Scourges, Ravagers and Chronos.
Actually, I am pretty excited about the event. Hot like frying oil, in a german term...

I don't expect the ESE players to win, but I really am tense to see, how they will do.
What do you think? Well, the few remaining, at least...

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 16 2023, 17:11

I honestly am curious to say the least, it's nice to see some representing of every faction now and not just space Marines and whatever xenos happens to be meta breaking ... hopefully this will be an eye opener for GW that factions other than imperium and chaos exist and people want to play them, as for lists I think they will all have a variation of

Lelith with 10 wyches
Archon (on foot with court and Labyrinthine cunning)

2 squads of kabs fully kitted out
2 Raiders 1x wyches and lelith, 1x 10 kabs all special weapons,
Mandrakes,
2 venoms for objectives with the reg kabs,
Heami with art of pain and urien with wracks fully kitted special weapons
1-2 cronos
2-3 talos
0-1 grots
1-2 voidraves
3 ravagers (2 darklance boats and 1 dissie boat)
3 Scourge (lances, blasters, or shredders)

And then the variations will be hellions or reavers in the list and filled out with wyches kabs or wracks, possibly a beast master
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 16 2023, 19:00

I don't see Lelith with the wyches in this. Those 175pts are almost another Voidraven.
Same with Urien. I think, their points will be spend somewhere else.

But we will see.

All lists, I've seen so far, are Marines, 1 Custodes and 2 Aeldari.
Not much news there, allthough the Custodes list is nice.

Edit: I forgot some T'au. Sorry...

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17 2023, 09:43

Zenotaph wrote:
Ok, only 3 in total and, funny thing, they all are in group 1, but there really are.

According to Goonhammer's breakdown, there's only two Drukhari players:

Apparently the image won't show properlyl, so here's a link to the table.

Sebastian Kipling (Austria) and Robert Kimpton (Australia). Both Group 1.

I'm honestly not surprised to see Aeldari as the most represented. I maintain that part of the reason they are so high in the meta is because top players are picking them. The best picks X so X looks like the best. Or maybe its the mindset of "Aeldari are the best, so the best players should do even better with them". Who knows.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17 2023, 10:38

I feel like Aeldari got the best possible combo of army rule + single detachment they could have hoped for from the indexes, ... and ours was basically 2 halves of what should have been a complete army rule and something entirely different for a detachment so I think Druhkari are going to struggle for representation either until GW releases more detachment rules (as they've teased) or in a year or two when we finally have our Codex and we get to see some other rules we might be getting, even then it would probably only be Druhkari die-hards that play the army, Like Skari
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18 2023, 19:25

Dang, you are right. There's only 2. My mistake. I would apologize, but, well, I hoped for more, and I don't apologize for hopes.

Aeldari have a very good set of rules, along with the Units to use them. Triple Night Spinners, Avatar and Yncarne...
Hard to beat. But, at least, possible.

Remember Liquifier Gunboats? At the beginning of 9th? Everybody suddenly played Drukhari.
They were near impossible to beat. If played right, that is...

The situation now is a wee bit different. We have some very strong Armies. Aeldari, CSM and some Marines.
But it's possible to beat them all. With GSC, Nids, T'au, Votann and yes, Drukhari.
I think, the balance is great right now, give or take a few adjustments.

The few real Drukhari Players, like Skari is one, just need a bit more time.
Hell, they do play very different from last Edition. No more Wych- and Incubislaughter.
Lots of Shoot and Scoot with Scourges.

And now, when lots of players just begun to settle in, there it comes.
A freakin' World Championship. Ok, only 2. Thats a bit low. Too few for me.

But it's a start. I wish them the best and I hope, they do good...

And I'm to drunk to really coordinate my thoughts, but I hope, you get my point...

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19 2023, 12:42

Does anyone know the details of how our two representatives did?

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 23 2023, 13:11

The only info I found is the Metawatch artikle from WC so far.
But the competitive innovations in 10th on friday at goonhammer might offer something.

Here is the link to Metawatch, if you are interested.
Drukhari got a winrate of 44% overall. Lowest face on the totempoll...

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 23 2023, 15:39

Zenotaph wrote:
The only info I found is the Metawatch artikle from WC so far.
But the competitive innovations in 10th on friday at goonhammer might offer something.

Here is the link to Metawatch, if you are interested.
Drukhari got a winrate of 44% overall. Lowest face on the totempoll...

Well we are going to be increasingly in the lowest realms as more armies get codecies and we are still stuck with the one-piece friend boat detachment and everyone else has more choices
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 23 2023, 18:17

One piece friend boat detachment? Care to explain this to me?
I dont have any clue what that could possibly be...

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 24 2023, 15:24

The article at least says that GW are aware that there's a problem with "one build" armies, and they're intending to do something about it.
Plus there's a January Balance Dataslate, so we can dream of maybe getting the Votann treatment then?

Remember back in 8th when there was a Chapter Approve with hold-over rules for factions? We need that again.

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 24 2023, 18:23

Im glad they are acknowledging and discussing what to do about armies that have very little diversity in ways to play while codex armies have a huge advantage in that area... but the obvious conclusion to that problem should be, everyone gets all their rules at the same time
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2023, 11:22

Archon_91 wrote:
Im glad they are acknowledging and discussing what to do about armies that have very little diversity in ways to play while codex armies have a huge advantage in that area... but the obvious conclusion to that problem should be, everyone gets all their rules at the same time

Or, the crazy solution would be to abandon Codexes and just release Campaign books, giving detachments to batches of factions at a time.

But that would suck. Because we love Codexes. Sad

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2023, 20:12

They could still have codexes o.o but have them be collector artbooks and lore and not required rules to play
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29 2023, 16:25

In today's GT roundup in Goonhammer, another Drukhari player placed #2 in one of the events. The list is in here:
https://www.goonhammer.com/competitive-innovations-in-10th-after-the-storm-pt-1/
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29 2023, 16:29

Nice! Now we just have to wait and see what GW does to us in January
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29 2023, 16:38

Archon_91 wrote:
Nice! Now we just have to wait and see what GW does to us in January

I hope that it's not just another round of point drops, which are getting really boring at this point.

Personally, I'd like for klaives and two-handed demiklaives to get bumped to S5, where they belong.

wyches also need a combat boost. Maybe something like +1S on the charge.

Though, while I'm wishlisting, I'd also like for the FLY rule to get changed back into something more useful/ something that doesn't require me to measure angles. If their intent was to streamline/speed up the game, they definitely failed on that front.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29 2023, 16:43

Agreed they failed hard with flying ... and flyers in general, but I think we are going to get the death guard treatment where they will either alter or completely change our detachment rule, or possibly release 1 - 2 alternative detachments for all index armies
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29 2023, 18:47

After the Codex reviews for AdMech and Necrons, I have a bit of high hopes for our new Codex.
Our Index detachment isn't that bad. It just leaves us with only too few unit choices.
Ravagers, DL Scourges and Kabalites are mandatory, while the rest, well, the rest...

But I think, that discussion might deserve its own thread.

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29 2023, 18:51

Aye, ... it just feels kinda one note but yes a different thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Championship of Warhammer 40k   World Championship of Warhammer 40k I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Championship of Warhammer 40k
Page 1 of 1