THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?

Go down 
+11
RogueTheBat
dumpeal
Lord Asvaldir
Sarcron
False Son
CurstAlchemist
Soulless Samurai
Burnage
DevilDoll
Squidmaster
Calindor
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Calindor
Hellion
Calindor

What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? Empty
PostSubject: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2019, 08:24

I have been thinking to restart my dark eldar army as many of the miniatures are so good and at the same time our army is diffrent from a lot of other armies out there. But when I´m now walking around with this thoughts another one came also; is it not a long time since dark eldar got a new miniature? And what was the latest one? I´m of course not tihnking about ynnari or any other craftworld or harlequin miniature, just pure drukhari.

The only one I can think about is the Blackstone fortress Ur-ghul but as they are part of a game and not a release for the 40k army I don´t know if that counts.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2019, 09:50

The last one, if I remember correctly, would be the Archon and Lilith.
But I don't remember when they were released.

(Unless you count the generic Aeldari Webway gate?)

http://www.escelionfilms.com
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2019, 14:00

A new mini? lol 7yrs? maybe? We got a couple new plastics over the past 3 yrs, Succubus, Archon Haemonculus, Ur-ghuls and Wracks. But as far as an actual new model entry? lol we are DE we dont get those. Oh PS, we got the bomber right at the end of 5th (8yrs ago)

I also think we are the ONLY army that havent gotten one after from when 6th ed dropped till now.

CWE - Bonesinger, Wraithknight, Wraiths i think also
Harlequins - well everything lol (they did have metal models from 2nd tho)
SoB - Getting a full new release
Admech - Got a lot
Space Marines - got a lot
Necrons - a new character, walker, and some plastics
Daemons - all new Slaanesh and some others
CSM - 6+ or so new units
Orks - All new biks/vehicles and plastic stompa
Tyranids - 2 double kits and lots of plastics
Tau - New big suits
T-son - new models/plastics
IG - New scions, characters, transport
SW - new character, flyer, transport, dread
DA - new vehicle
GK - New character
Some others are armies, GSC's, Ynnari, Knights + Chaos Knights, Inquisition, SOS, DW, Custodes, DG

So yeah... now i'm sad.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k

Last edited by amishprn86 on Sat Sep 07 2019, 14:37; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2019, 15:59

oh wow...
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2019, 17:09

Sky had a full timeline here.

The last model we got, outside of the plastic Ur-Ghuls, was in 2011. It was the Tantalus if you count Forgeworld models, or the Court models if you don't.

Edit: Actually, this is missing some recent stuff - the Voidraven Bomber, Archon and Succubus got released in October 2014, while the current Haemonculus and Wracks got released in September 2014.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2019, 20:52

Burnage wrote:
Sky had a full timeline here.

The last model we got, outside of the plastic Ur-Ghuls, was in 2011. It was the Tantalus if you count Forgeworld models, or the Court models if you don't.

Edit: Actually, this is missing some recent stuff - the Voidraven Bomber, Archon and Succubus got released in October 2014, while the current Haemonculus and Wracks got released in September 2014.

Yeah i mention that we got some plastics, but thats not a new unit, no new units from 2011, where ALL other armies has gotten some new units.

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2019, 23:06

On the plus side, Dark Eldar are doing exceptionally well on the 'units GW has removed' front.

I think we're currently miles ahead of every other army in the game there.

Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2019, 23:15

Soulless Samurai wrote:
On the plus side, Dark Eldar are doing exceptionally well on the 'units GW has removed' front.

I don't think this is actually the case. Craftworlds have lost a ton more units than DE over the years, for instance. Looking at the 2nd ed Eldar Codex I can see eleven units that you can't take in a current list, and four that you'd have to run in a Harlequins detachment.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07 2019, 00:44

Burnage wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

I don't think this is actually the case. Craftworlds have lost a ton more units than DE over the years, for instance. Looking at the 2nd ed Eldar Codex I can see eleven units that you can't take in a current list, and four that you'd have to run in a Harlequins detachment.

That many? Are we talking load outs or things like the Exodite Dragon Warriors?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07 2019, 01:41

CurstAlchemist wrote:
Burnage wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

That many? Are we talking load outs or things like the Exodite Dragon Warriors?

Some more powerful versions of Warlocks, three kinds of Exodite Champion, three kinds of Pirate Captain, Exodite Dragon Knights, Pirates, and a Great Harlequin. Taking the different HQ versions as distinct units might be a bit cheeky, but, well, we frequently do the same when thinking about Dracons and Haemonculi Ancients.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07 2019, 03:17

Ah okay, that makes sense, I was counting Champions, Heroes, and Mighty Heroes as single units.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07 2019, 03:25

Soulless Samurai wrote:

B.c they removed them all from 5th to 6th, from 6th to 7th, from 7th to 8th...........

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07 2019, 09:35

amishprn86 wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

B.c they removed them all from 5th to 6th, from 6th to 7th, from 7th to 8th...........

Don't forget 3rd to 5th.

That was when Jetbike Archons, Jetbike Haemonculi, Skyboard Archons, and Skyboard Haemonculi all went bye bye.

False Son
Sybarite
False Son

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2019, 04:34

Soulless Samurai wrote:

That was when Jetbike Archons, Jetbike Haemonculi, Skyboard Archons, and Skyboard Haemonculi all went bye bye.

Still miss Blaster and Shredder Wyches.  That would solve a lot of problems.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2019, 10:30

False Son wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

Still miss Blaster and Shredder Wyches.  That would solve a lot of problems.

I actually like that they dont have assault guns.

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2019, 10:39

I don't know, I get that they want to be combat-focussed but that seems like a good reason to at least carry some anti-tank guns.

Trying to pry open a Chimera with nets and knives just comes across as embarrassing. Wink

Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2019, 11:26

Idk, my haemonculus has always been pretty good at giving land raiders and knights tetanus

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2019, 15:02

Soulless Samurai wrote:
I don't know, I get that they want to be combat-focussed but that seems like a good reason to at least carry some anti-tank guns.

Trying to pry open a Chimera with nets and knives just comes across as embarrassing. Wink

Why? They are gladiators, do they really need anti-tank guns?

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2019, 15:07

amishprn86 wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

Yes, they're gladiators. But they're not fighting in a gladiatorial arena. Nor are they fighting other gladiators.

If they are so irredeemably stupid as to not appreciate the importance of anti-tank weapons when trying to fight creatures inside tanks, then they have no business ever leaving Commorragh.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2019, 16:25

Soulless Samurai wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

Yes, they're gladiators. But they're not fighting in a gladiatorial arena. Nor are they fighting other gladiators.

If they are so irredeemably stupid as to not appreciate the importance of anti-tank weapons when trying to fight creatures inside tanks, then they have no business ever leaving Commorragh.

No, but remember we are raiders, we dont go h2h vs tanks, we shoot a hole in them then run in and take captures to be insalved and tortured, they need wyches to be fast and agile to fight in close quarters. Well maybe other than Coven but thats different.

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2019, 16:33

amishprn86 wrote:

No, but remember we are raiders, we dont go h2h vs tanks, we shoot a hole in them then run in and take captures to be insalved and tortured, they need wyches to be fast and agile to fight in close quarters. Well maybe other than Coven but thats different.

I think you just explained why Wyches should be carrying anti-tank weapons. Razz

To blow a hole in it so that they can actually fight/capture the occupants.

CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2019, 16:33

amishprn86 wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

Wouldn't that depend on the kind of show they are putting on in the arena? Historically speaking Roman Gladiators weren't only a single type with only x type of weapon and armor. Many of them specialized or put on shows using different kinds of equipment and tactics. If memory serves there were times that they actually flooded the Colosseum, to do naval battles (naumachia?). So in theory they could have Wyches who specialize in armor busting then killing those inside in flashy and painful ways. Anti-tank gladiators aren't that far fetched, to me at least, and those skills would then be applied while on raids as well.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2019, 17:23

Well i just think they dont need them, it would serve a bad purpose in game, why take kabals at that point? If you are in range of a blaster shot you only need a few more inches to get poison shots, and now you can melee and shoot. It would be (4th? or was it 5th?) where all troops was ONLY wyches b.c they had 5 Haywire grenades each, no one took Kabals they were pointless, (Tho you took Trueborns b.c they were good).

Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2019, 18:07

Man 5 years since we got any new releases at all? Boy that's disappointing. My guess is that means our last completely new model release was the voidraven and razorwing in 2011? Going on 9 years of no new models of any sort is rough, when you consider that I'm badly hoping GW throws us at least one unit during psychic awakening.

Sybarite
False Son

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09 2019, 04:59

amishprn86 wrote:
Well i just think they dont need them, it would serve a bad purpose in game, why take kabals at that point? If you are in range of a blaster shot you only need a few more inches to get poison shots, and now you can melee and shoot. It would be (4th? or was it 5th?) where all troops was ONLY wyches b.c they had 5 Haywire grenades each, no one took Kabals they were pointless, (Tho you took Trueborns b.c they were good).

Personal opinion, but I think the pendulum swung too far in the other direction. I don't care for the Blasters, or especially Shredders in Wychs, either. Just saying it would solve a big problem (AT) that Cult units have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?   What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What and when did GW release the latest dark eldar miniature?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next