THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx

Go down 
+8
Thor665
Gaston Garcon
speedfreek
Evil Space Elves
Siticus the Ancient
red_head
Gobsmakked
Dez
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx   The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13 2012, 15:38

I still need to rework and start painting the Baron. Nothing like last minute Wink I kinda got distracted building 2 Raiders as well.
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx   The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13 2012, 18:42

I hear ya on being distracted, anything to justify not painting I always say. Where does that cape come from? That thing looks awsome.
Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx   The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13 2012, 18:56

I was actually painting Hoarluk (a Hordes model) with my daughter tonite too, actually had a good hobby night Wink Usually I just read forums, too tired/unmotiviated to do anything else Wink

The cape is from the High Elf Dragon Prince kit.

Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx   The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14 2012, 06:41

Ok I remembered to work on fixing The Baron tonite, pics below. I had some more work to do, because I've been taking my DE army around in an Assault on Black Reach box...which is really, really dumb Wink Anyway, I figure I have a bit to fix up on the cape where it was formally glued, but at this point I'm punch drunk and it's probably not a good idea.

The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 8e5c975c
The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 F8483e17
The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 2b0fb0eb
The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 2b5fec36
The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 3d03ab04
The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 C0bbf096
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx   The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14 2012, 14:21

That thing is looking AWESOME! Thanks for all of the angle shots-I'm stealing left and right Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx   The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14 2012, 15:18

No problem! Want me to take some of underneath, where I put the Reaver Jetbike parts? I noticed in your blog you were messing with that part Wink
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx   The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14 2012, 16:10

and the laws of physics have been restored...somewhat...this is still science fiction.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx   The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14 2012, 16:22

Dez wrote:
No problem! Want me to take some of underneath, where I put the Reaver Jetbike parts? I noticed in your blog you were messing with that part Wink

You'd be a total rockstar if you did Twisted Evil I'm going to hammer out the conversion this weekend. I need to prime it by Monday if I'll have any hope of getting him painted by the deadline affraid

I think that you've done a damn fine job incorporating all of the different flowing parts. All of the chains/braids/skull trophies really add to the fast and dynamic feel that the Baron should have. This really is my favorite entry hands down.

Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx   The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2012, 13:57

I spent last night glueing together all the models I had broken by putting them all in a cardboard box to bring to games. I also got some new Battlefoam trays to fit this stuff Wink

And the promised undercarriage pics:

The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 0c3d5076
The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 999a3939
The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 A50dd6f1
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx   The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2012, 16:07

You've done a really great job making a conversion that has a lot going on without looking too busy. Great work!

Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx   The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2012, 16:26

Haha I have a hard time not glueing bits to every flat surface Wink
Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx   The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24 2012, 14:35

I started my painting for the Archon Challenge later than I wanted to, but that's life Wink I basically started painting one night and hated it, and with one day to go I redid the whole model. I tried to paint as fast as I could, of course, so it doesn't have the highlights and details that I'd like yet. I pretty much only got one level of highlights, but it will have more Wink Here are some PIP shots.

The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 Baron8
The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 Baron6
The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 Baron5
The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 Baron4
The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 Baron3
The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 Baron2
The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 Baron1
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx   The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24 2012, 16:53

Looking good Dez! I feel like an idiot for being surprised by all of the red at first. It's only in the title of your army... Looking forward to seeing that bad boy done!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx   The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend Plog: Baron Sarthonyx
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2