THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Smallvictory Plog

Go down 
+6
kenny3760
Wolfeslad
Archeonlotet
Gobsmakked
Evil Space Elves
SmallVictory
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2011, 21:53

Hello Everyone! I have just started my first DE army and plan on using this project log for motivation and feedback. I have assembled 20 wyches and 5 wracks so far and have mostly focused on the bases to unify the look of the army. Everything in my force will have broken ruins on their bases to fit a themed display board I am building.
Smallvictory Plog Dscn4011
Smallvictory Plog Dscn4012
Just a close up on the some of the bases to give an idea on where I'm going with this. Thats all for now, I'll post soon with a little paint. I dig both positive and critical comments so let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 01:59

Ditching the idea of finishing your CSM's already? Laughing These bases look awesome in person too. I think the people here would really dig a tutorial on how you make them.

Glad to see your stuff here.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 08:50

Evil Space Elves wrote:
..... I think the people here would really dig a tutorial on how you make them.

He's right you know.
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 12:20

DO WANT!
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 01:14

Will do, I need to make some more anyways....... sweet sweet distraction from painting. Should I just post it here or is there a more board appropriate place?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 02:58

SmallVictory wrote:
Will do, I need to make some more anyways....... sweet sweet distraction from painting. Should I just post it here or is there a more board appropriate place?

Both. I double dip with these things by posting in the Painting and Modeling Section and in my plog. I think that everyone here will be surprised at how easy your awesome bases are to make. I wish that I would redo my Craftworlders with bases like that...still might do that!
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 08:23

Sorry for the delay on the tutorial, the wife took our camera to her brothers house to take pictures of his babies. No respect for the Hobby that one. Anyhow..... https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t2035-making-broken-ruins-bases
I just posted it there, I'll leave this place for my progress, now I have no excuses to not paint...stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31 2011, 05:09

Holiday is over, work is slowing down and I picked up a brush today.
Smallvictory Plog Dscn4212
Well the camera does not lie, those weapons need some work still, but overall not too shabby for the time spent. I should be able to paint four wyches for every one marine as far as time is concerned. I'm using red and yellow throughout the rest of the army and I just wasn't going to have yellow leather tights so the girls are going to be blondes. Going to reward myself now and play with some GS, Hq's need to be special.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31 2011, 05:48

SmallVictory wrote:
I'm using red and yellow throughout the rest of the army and I just wasn't going to have yellow leather tights so the girls are going to be blondes.

Thank you for sparing us the yellow Spinal Tap tights Laughing
What are you using for the skin tone? I really like the drugged out eyes.
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08 2012, 18:58

Skin tone is blue/grey given a purple wash, highlighted with the same blue/grey then light grey. The eyes were painted white and then given different inks until they stopped looking so pasty. I think red, purple and even blue were all used after watering them down a bit.

Smallvictory Plog Dscn4214
To my daughters delight I learned to braid! I need to start on an HQ and a long braid will be needed and this was my test subject. I dig it, easier than I thought so my female Archon project starts today as soon as I finish off these,
Smallvictory Plog Dscn4215
Not much left to do so hopefully I'll post some Archon action by tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08 2012, 19:38

I truly envy your sculpting-fu. Can't wait to see the female Archon.
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2012, 17:33

Very early WIP of my Archon. First three attempts yesterday hit the trash, but I think I'm on to something here. The skirt is a long way from being done but the proportions are right, lots of dremel work and sanding to do still to get the folds right. The "lettering" on the front cloth was a new experiment that is staying for sure, should paint up well.
Smallvictory Plog Dscn4216Smallvictory Plog Dscn4217
Once this GS dries I get to try making girl parts for the first time, I have to say Dark Eldar are much more difficult that marines to sculpt!
4 hours later.......
Smallvictory Plog Dscn4219Smallvictory Plog Dscn4220
And now I wait again, wish there was a way to make GS dry faster! Next step is add an armoured belt like the Lhamaean model so she stops looking like a Southern bell. Then the chest (hardest part to get right I think). I think then I'll just glue some arms on to make it easier, going to use a head from a sprue too then sculpt the hair. Off to work, I'll post again when I get that belt done. Any suggestions or critiques are very welcome, hard to go back later when someone suggest a brilliant idea.
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2012, 04:27

Alright, finished the chest first, next I need to start adding armour and spikey bits. It looks too much like a bad Asian themed prom dress so far. I keep reminding myself that GS takes layers and lots of dry time before it starts to look cool.
Smallvictory Plog Dscn4221
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2012, 05:06

SmallVictory wrote:
It looks too much like a bad Asian themed prom dress so far. I keep reminding myself that GS takes layers and lots of dry time before it starts to look cool.

While that is the funniest statement of the day, I doubt that this thing will look anything short of awesome within days. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2012, 23:07

First Layer of belt armor and some arms tacked on for fun. I'm liking this pose, those are NOT the arms I'm going to use but it at least shows some scale.
Smallvictory Plog Dscn4222Smallvictory Plog Dscn4223
I'll spare you all the next couple of steps, just adding layers to the belt, let dry, repeat. Tomorrow I'll be dealing with the head/hair, then the arms last. What do you think about the pose, I may take the shooting arm and widen the angle so she is looking down her shoulder through the sights of the pistol. I'm going to make a huskblade or go for a whip coiled at her feet, game mechanics aside, asthetics is going to be making my decision. I feel like I may be over posting, but then again it keeps me moving to the next step so you will all have to deal with it! Razz
Back to top Go down
Wolfeslad
Slave

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2012, 23:23

Personally I'm loving the progress pics I'm extremely jealous of your ninja sculpting skills Can't wait to see more bounce
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 00:49

Wolfeslad wrote:
Personally I'm loving the progress pics I'm extremely jealous of your ninja sculpting skills Can't wait to see more bounce

Totally ninja. The 'corset' looks quite good. Text me if you need any bits(agonizers/huskblade arm/whatever). I'll have to get back up there to see that thing once it's done! Twisted Evil

(edit) Looking at it again, I think that the Scourge solarite blast pistol arm would give you the straight-armed-aiming down the barrel look that yo are looking for. I have one if you want it.
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 09:01

Female Archon is coming along nicely. I envy those sculpting skills
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 21:44

Your sculpt-fu is most impressive!
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 21:52

Quote :
Text me if you need any bits(agonizers/huskblade arm/whatever). I'll have to get back up there to see that thing once it's done!
I look forward to the visit and I think there is a post somewhere with you buying me a beer as well. I do need bits, but I'm on a roll with the sculpting and I may try to improvise/sculpt the arms I need rather than wait to get them.

Thanks Wolfeslad, Kenney3760 and GAR I appreciate the encouragement. I find sculpting much more enjoyable and easier than painting, it's the reason my last army is not finished. My jackass son is making fun of me for even starting this model instead of getting at least some painting done so I can get a game in.

And now the belt!
Smallvictory Plog Dscn4224Smallvictory Plog Dscn4225
On to the head and arms!
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13 2012, 19:04

Arms are on and shoulderpads have been sculpted. The head and sword are not attached yet, just shaved the hair off of that head so I can start adding my own hairstyle. I feel I need to add some spikey bits, I'm either going to make a big spikey collar or add shoulder spikes.
Smallvictory Plog Dscn4226Smallvictory Plog Dscn4227
Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13 2012, 19:11

The sculpting looks great! I can barely fill gaps, so I don't really get into it. Cutting apart plastic and putting it back into new, interesting shapes is where it's at for me Wink
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14 2012, 00:26

Sideshot of the Husk blade please!
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2012, 22:29

Lost my mojo for a few weeks but I'm back on it today. Painting up a warrior to test a color scheme right now and figured I'd post my finished Archon project, paint will follow as soon as I'm happy with the Kabalite colors.
Smallvictory Plog Dscn4228Smallvictory Plog Dscn4229
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2012, 23:19

Well done sir! The braid looks awesome(and especially the reversed huskblade Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Smallvictory Plog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smallvictory Plog   Smallvictory Plog I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smallvictory Plog
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next