THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grotesque MSU - a waste?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
turmoil
Slave
turmoil

Grotesque MSU - a waste? Empty
PostSubject: Grotesque MSU - a waste?   Grotesque MSU - a waste? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14 2019, 15:47

Working on a 2000pt list I'm trying to work in some deep striking threats as I think they're always useful to have. I have enough free points for a 3 man Grotesque unit. I could pay the CP to put them in deepstrike, but i'm wondering is it worth it? Would it be better to find the points to have more grots if i'm going to make use of that stratagem?

I also have a 5 man unit of Mandrakes. I think they're an interesting unit, but would it be better to drop that and add 2 more grots this way? Initially I was thinking it'd be nice to have 2 separate units to deepstrike.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque MSU - a waste?   Grotesque MSU - a waste? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15 2019, 02:38

I honestly have a lot of success with 4 grots + 1 haemy (or Urian) in a raider. You could also do 5 grots in a Raider as well. Both are very strong and in some cases can be more versatile than a grot bomb
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque MSU - a waste?   Grotesque MSU - a waste? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24 2019, 01:40

Depends on the rest of the list. I'm of the opinion you need at least 8 grots in a list to be worth it. 3 on their own won't do much, you need to synergize with the rest of the list
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque MSU - a waste?   Grotesque MSU - a waste? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grotesque MSU - a waste?
Page 1 of 1