THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!

Go down 
+20
warhammerpaintservice
KnightSeerValkia
Vael Galizur
SirTainly
3D
Gaston Garcon
SmallVictory
kenny3760
abjectus
Hydra
Skari
Preacher
Dez
speedfreek
GAR
Archeonlotet
Evil Space Elves
Marquis Vaulkhere
Angrypeasant
Nico
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2011, 23:31

I personally like the snow better, but I can't help but think that crop-top leather pants look seems a little cruel in the cold, oh well one pain token and it won't matter Wink
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 01:50

Im really liking the blood and gore on the sand. But I do feel like the snow fits the scheme better.
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 03:12

The snow brings out the blue accent color more for me. Good stuff so far! cheers
Back to top Go down
Nico
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 10:54

I was thinking about doing them snowy too
Only thing I need to decide is what to do with the bases before I put snow on there (GW sand is sooooo boring on all those guys)
I'm thinking about trying to create the feel of and abandoned Eldar city, just raided by my Cult...

The black line on the hakatrix base is because it's just a base made as a test and the model isn't glues on there.
I'll redo the base when I find a way to make a good looking underground.

Btw, something you can't really see on the pic is that I didn't clean my airbrush very well and some yellow was left in there creating yellow snow on some spots Laughing

Grts
Nico
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 12:19

I always think snow bases look good and they certainly pop a bit more than the martian base. Snow bases all the way.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 14:17

Nico wrote:

Btw, something you can't really see on the pic is that I didn't clean my airbrush very well and some yellow was left in there creating yellow snow on some spots Laughing

As they say-Don't eat yellow snow. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gaston Garcon
Hellion
Gaston Garcon

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 22:00

Nico wrote:
Only thing I need to decide is what to do with the bases before I put snow on there (GW sand is sooooo boring on all those guys)
I'm thinking about trying to create the feel of and abandoned Eldar city, just raided by my Cult...

Just add zombieparts, like people have died or frozen to dead. Some animals have been eating, but couldn´t eat it all, because its frozen. Or like it has been winter and now turning to spring.

With the spring comes new lifes(slaves) and joy(causing pain)!
Back to top Go down
Nico
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 22:08

Gaston Garcon wrote:
Just add zombieparts, like people have died or frozen to dead. Some animals have been eating, but couldn´t eat it all, because its frozen.

I LOVE that idea!

I'll have to browse a bit through my bitbox, there should be some leftover vampire count things in there...

Thx!

Grts
Nico
Back to top Go down
Nico
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2012, 21:19

Long time since I wrote something here but I finally found the time to get some painting done!
While I have a whole bunch of Wyches lying around, waiting to get painted, I decided to get the Cronos finished first.

I hope you like it, my opponents certainly don't Wink

Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 39530010
Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 39862210
Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 40918510

I also painted an Ork Nob for one of the guys at work
(He gave me carte blanche, as long as it fitted his Bad Moons and I just couldn't resist doing something silly with it clown )
Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 39862710
Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 39847310

C&C welcome!

Grts
Nico
Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 40473410
Back to top Go down
Nico
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 06:38

long time no posting here...
I have been a little too busy at work to paint a lot :/

For the moment, I'm working on a raider and a venom.
I will upload some pics this evening!

Grts
Nico
Back to top Go down
Nico
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 06:55

Here's a pic of the raider I'm working on for the moment

Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 Raider10

Hope you like it, feel free to comment!

Grts
Nico
Back to top Go down
3D
Hellion
3D

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 17:33

I have to say I'm not a huge fan of the yellow on the Chronos but wow it looks bloomin fantastic on the Raider! You must have a steady hand!

Look forward to more ...
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 22:02

You have a good painting technique there, and I actually like seeing the yellow on the models - makes a change from all the dark schemes (myself included) that tend to get applied.
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 22:19

Great work!

Although I like the red dirt better than the snow with your color scheme. The snow itself pops more, but then it is the brightest thing and makes the yellow seem less bright. Similar to how people were saying the lighter color on the gun was competing with the yellow armour. The red dirt makes the yellow feel far more vibrant.

Then there is also the fact that they are very poorly dressed for a snowy climate. Maybe if they start the game with a Haemonculus, then the pain token could give them Feel No Hypothermia. ^_~
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
Nico
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 22:32

Thx for the comments!

@Drago: The snow was just a test, I'm going for the grey on the base like I did on the Cronos.

Still doubting about what to do with the sails...

Grts
Nico
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17 2012, 03:29

The raider is way sweet looking. I Like this very much and its great to see you back at again!
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17 2012, 03:43

Nico wrote:
Here's a pic of the raider I'm working on for the moment

Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 Raider10

Hope you like it, feel free to comment!

Grts
Nico
WOW!!!! Shocked That is truly special. Bold and beautiful design, well executed. I might have to steal the giant hull rune idea for my Archon's Court Raider! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Nico
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17 2012, 06:43

Hehe, feel free to steal away!
I was thinking to steal your idea on the baron as well Wink

Grts
Nico
Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08 2012, 16:35

I saw your dudes on GW "Whats new" today. Looken as good as ever.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2012, 14:14

Thanks!
Those were my entry into the "Lage Landen Schildercompetitie 2012", a painting competition for Belgium & the Netherlands, togheter with my Averland Greatswords (featured a few weeks earlier on What's New Today)

The Wyches & the Cronos made it through to the finals but failed to get top 3 there, the Greatswords won Gold in the Fantasy Squad category Wink
Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2012, 14:25

Awesome job Nico, and congrats on the win! =]
Back to top Go down
warhammerpaintservice
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 08:08

consider your raider scheme stolen, tho i will do it in red
Back to top Go down
Nico
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 09:52

Steal away, I take it as a compliment;)

Grts
Nico
Back to top Go down
Nico
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2012, 19:09

Just calcullated my complete army...
The grand total is now 3330 pts, complete with upgrades wysiwyg

That is:
75 wyches
15 reavers
5 hellions
3 venoms
4 raiders
3 ravagers
5 mandrakes
6 harlequins
1 cronos
2 succubi
1 lady malys
1 lelith

I will post a picture later on

TIME TO GET PAINTING!
Back to top Go down
Smellyead
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19 2012, 18:43

Hey,

Saw your minis on GW site then found them here aswell, look awesome.

But I have a question, how do you paint that yellow? What colours washes etc, from black or white undercoat? Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!   Nico's Wych Cult   -  Finally back! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nico's Wych Cult - Finally back!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next