THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wych Cult

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Wych Cult   Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2012, 16:14

My wife has gotten into Dark Eldar and she wants to make a full Wych Cult army. I was just wondering what would be the best things to add to it. She really wants Leith, Succbus, Bloodbrides, and Wyches.
Back to top Go down
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult   Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2012, 18:08

I run a semi wych list, it has 4 filled raiders worth.

I'd say be sure to put power weapons or agonizers in there as they can really struggle against marines. Double hydra gauntlets also cranks up the dice count.

HQ wise, I've ran the Duke and Lelith. The Dukes contraband rule means you can often get the drug roll you want, which massively helps them. Feel no pain from the start is huge, and the duke is cheap.

I like Lelith, she puts out a massive amount of attacks, but due to a str 3 those hits can patter off toughness 4. Ideally you want the drug roll to net a feel no pain token for her squad, then try and get her a second quickly so she gets furious charge. At that point she starts to make back what you pay for her.

Bloodbrides and Succubus are very meh. Its a shame the brides couldnt get more power weapons and agonizers, for that reason I leave them at home.
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult   Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2012, 19:05

She really wants to use Bloodbrides but maybe I could explain to my wife to make the Succubus so it could be used as a Duke when she gets the hang of the army.

What could she use in the Fast Attack and Heavy Support that would be in fluff with the Wych Cults?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult   Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2012, 19:29

Duke is great with wych Cults, and she could always make a "Duchess" Wink... Lelith suffers alot from S3, but can be made good with alittle list tinkering. Succubi are great for their point cost.

As for Bloodbrides, they are good, but remember they are just as fragile as regular wyches. Also Im more of a fan of razorflails than hydra gauntlets, as they give you a superior output (and a more conistant one at that)

As for FA and HS. Reavers and Hellions have always had close ties to wych cults, and the flyer pilots are ex-reaver pilots, but seriously though she should just get some ravagers and use those for her HS.
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult   Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2012, 19:37

Shadows Revenge wrote:
Duke is great with wych Cults, and she could always make a "Duchess" Wink... Lelith suffers alot from S3, but can be made good with alittle list tinkering. Succubi are great for their point cost.

As for Bloodbrides, they are good, but remember they are just as fragile as regular wyches. Also Im more of a fan of razorflails than hydra gauntlets, as they give you a superior output (and a more conistant one at that)

As for FA and HS. Reavers and Hellions have always had close ties to wych cults, and the flyer pilots are ex-reaver pilots, but seriously though she should just get some ravagers and use those for her HS.
Yea I said just make the Duke into a Duchess to her and she was like "You can do that?" lol.

She loves the idea of Bloodbrides, just wish they came with more than one set of each special weapon in a 10 unit box of Wyches.

I thought Reavers would be good and Hellions aswell. The Ravager maybe hard to get her to say yes but she does need more AT with the list. Get some of it from Reavers too.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult   Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2012, 19:51

Cults? I would say pure list would be... "ugh". But if You would follow few simple rules, it's manageable.

- Raiders and Ravagers. You MUST include them to open tanks.

- CC only units and deep strike don't work unless You are Blood Angel. They have special rules for that, we don't.

- Haywire Grenades... I would pick Blast Pistol. It can hurt non-vehicles and it give You another AT shot within charge range. Also pick IC/HQ that have them, two shots (one with higher BS) are better than one.

-Night shields and "crowd control" (Prows) on Raiders, because You/Your enemy need to get close. Maybe Prows on Ravagers too.

For HQ, I would take 1-2 Succubus with PW(10 points cheaper than Ago, +2 Wyches Smile [edit] whoops,wrong. PW on TROOPS, Ago everywhere where PW cost 15 points) and Blast Pistol (double AT in unit). Maybe Hellion dude if You want play first (his Hellions would be nifty Troop too).

Raiders would cost You AT LEAST 75 points (NS+SP). You may add more (FF would be first) stuff but keep in mind they WILL die due to being invaluable cardboard planes.

Fast should include either Reavers or Beasts (lots of Flocks and some 4++). Both are excellent AT, one is expensive and fast, other is cheap and... also fast.

Elites... to be honest fill them last. If You would think about picking WWP bearer, You could add Clowns. "Jacks in the Box" is way to go.

I would say due to 6" range of BPistols, Tank Shocks and picking Your CC this army would be "playstyle army", much like Orks. No autowin button due to dice bucket.

Last edited by Local_Ork on Tue Feb 21 2012, 20:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rip
Hellion
Rip

Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult   Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2012, 19:57

Such a list could have a squad of Trueborn led by a Dracon to include some badly needed firepower. The Codex mentions nobles who will pay to accompany a Wych Cult raid they consider to be 'high art', and the squad could represent such a noble with his most trusted(!) comrades or retainers.
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult   Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2012, 20:29

Interesting ideas. I will tell my wife about all of these. When we get a list worked out I will posted it and see what you guys think.
Back to top Go down

Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult   Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2012, 00:02

As for the question on what you can pick in the Fast/Heavy slots, how about Beastmasters and Reavers for fast and Razorwing and Voidraven for Heavy?

And for using dedicated transport you would just put wychheads on the pilot and gunner right? Why not do the same for the Ravager if she really needs anti-tank? Could be viable perhaps? Or use reavers as anti-tank too...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult   Wych Cult I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wych Cult
Page 1 of 1