THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps

Go down 
+9
Archon
nerdelemental
False Son
The Strange Dark One
Burnage
Squidmaster
dumpeal
Sarcron
Rayphoton
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2020, 21:31

Not at all, especially for a variety pack.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2020, 21:42

I'm assuming that's USD? Even then, yeah that sounds fine.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Rayphoton
Slave
Rayphoton

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2020, 21:49

Yeah I was thinking 10 USD. I was gonna make an etsy store. I cant mass produce like some companies..but..I don't want to gouge like FW
Back to top Go down
Rayphoton
Slave
Rayphoton

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2020, 20:51

Well.work continues apace and my sculptor has sent me the first Eldar torso idea she has come up with
Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps - Page 2 2020-01-23

Its...unique. And with 0 guidance on my part a talented start. However it makes me realize I'm gonna have to provide some direction both for my self and for her. So I'm having the 2 torsos broke down into "Sexy Armor" and "Practical armor" (though still sexy)

I'm having her replace the stars with soul stones and matching the shoulders with Dire Avenger shoulders. I was gonna not have the boob window and midriff exposed but then Im like..ehhh...lets lean into it. A painter can always paint it to look like skin tight rubber or cloth or something. I'm not sure about the neck. Its a WIP

Tell me infinity circuit. How would you like to see the 2 female torso made up?

Ray
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2020, 23:06

It looks pretty good. I would argue against the neck and shoulder armor however.
The weird circle on the neck looks out of place, very much saying that that's where the head piece connects to the torso. It's why the collar of standard stuff works well, and looks good.

The stars also look slightly off. A singular one could be an interesting choice of design, or a piece of jewelry that they're fond of. Having so many, especially on the shoulders almost gives an American flag vibe.

Overall looks good, I'd just say maybe lean a little closer to the vanilla stuff. That said, this is just my view.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2020, 13:50

I don't think $10.00 for six heads is unreasonable if the finished quality is good. When can we order?
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2020, 01:09

i think most people would go more for the heads instead of a full model or bust
Back to top Go down
Genomir
Slave
Genomir

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2020, 18:12

The head looks great, but the torso I don't know... It just doesn't really fit into the aestetics of the kabals. Also the stars look incredibly out of place. The overall bodyshape looks well modeled for sure but like I said the overall feel doesn't really scream Dark Eldar to me.

So I would definatly get me the heads though!
Back to top Go down
Dreadblizzaard
Hellion
Dreadblizzaard

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2020, 23:12

Looks great. I'd add a pony tail option as well as full head of hair. Other then that, looks great.

My old name was *Blackdeath* I love you alien
Back to top Go down
WanderlightWargames
Slave
WanderlightWargames

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2020, 21:43

Hi Ray,

You may have considered this, but eBay and Etsy both take a pretty substantial cut on your price, and there's always the payment processing fee on top. Plan for the appropriate percentage and fixed costs in advance, as they substantially eat into even otherwise high margins.

The collar as designed on the last dark eldar head, and many of the details on the torso, are going to be tough for even resin printers to capture. Even if they come out, most painters will lack the ability to paint them without washing out the detail. I try not to design any feature smaller than 0.3mm in models I'm going to print - though that's somewhat arbitrary, it's at least in the right ballpark.

That said, the artist is doing a good job and I'd certainly not consider $10+shipping (USD) for 6 heads unreasonable. Excited to see how these come out.

-John
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/wanderlightwargames
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2