THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps

Go down 
+9
Archon
nerdelemental
False Son
The Strange Dark One
Burnage
Squidmaster
dumpeal
Sarcron
Rayphoton
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rayphoton
Slave
Rayphoton

Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps Empty
PostSubject: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13 2019, 18:55

hey hive mind

I need your thoughts.

While there is dearth of space marine heads, shoulders, guns and what not..and an astounding amount of swaps for IG...there seems to be no option eldar and dark eldar head or torso swaps. Specifically the elusive "attractive female head" that GW seem so reluctant to release. Also female torso's for both guardians and wyches are painful and weird and i want my DE bikini top featured so heavily in the art (I know who I am)

So, I went onto the artstations and did some snooping and asking and I can get 12 distinct female heads with great hair (6 eldar, 6 dark eldar) and 6 torsos (3 for each) designed for about 800.

I have a 3-d resin printer and if I sold the heads at 10$ for 12 and the torso's at 10$ for 6...I would only need 80 people to actually buy this from me off of etsy or ebay to break even which is all I'm really wanting to do. These heads would be keyed to work with any ball and socket model such as guardians or wyches. The torsos would have to be locked to eldar or DE cause they have different arm connections.

So...Would you..or someone you know in you local club be into something like this? Tell me why you think this a good plan or a bad one. Provide feedback so I can make sure I have an answer for all possibilities

Thanks
Ray
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13 2019, 20:37

I'd be interested in more torsos and heads to work with, especially with the conversions I'm planning for coven and wych cult, so yeah, I'd be potentially interested

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13 2019, 21:39

I'd be cautious about that. 3D printing models for oneself is one thing. Starting to sell GW counterfeit models is another.
Back to top Go down
Rayphoton
Slave
Rayphoton

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13 2019, 21:51

dumpeal wrote:
I'd be cautious about that. 3D printing models for oneself is one thing. Starting to sell GW counterfeit models is another.

Not counterfeit models...just head and torso swaps. I wont be touching arms legs or weapons.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13 2019, 22:31

Rayphoton wrote:
dumpeal wrote:

Not counterfeit models...just head and torso swaps.  I wont be touching arms legs or weapons.

It's GW we're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Rayphoton
Slave
Rayphoton

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14 2019, 00:14

you are correct. But I think as long as I keep it etsy and small sales ...I'll be fine. Its when you go larger scale that GW seems to notice you
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15 2019, 10:08

1. Attractiveness is subjective. Just covering that point.
2. If what you're releasing are original designs, theres nothing GW could do. What you're offering would be heads for ANY miniature. So long as you didn't make straight copies of existing GW sculpts and advertise as "these are for GW models", you'd legally be in the clear.
3. If you're looking just to break even at the first point, have you considered Kickstarting it? That way you can manage whether or not you've got enough people committed to buying before you make the investment.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Rayphoton
Slave
Rayphoton

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15 2019, 16:18

a Kickstarter Thats a unique idea that I had not thought about.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15 2019, 16:55

Rayphoton wrote:
a Kickstarter   Thats a unique idea that I had not thought about.

Thanks!

If you do, remember to account for costs. (Some people don't.)
8 may cover the cost of production, but you should look to at least nine or twn to ALSO cover the cost of Kickstarter itself.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Rayphoton
Slave
Rayphoton

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23 2019, 16:35

Well I have decided on a sculptor and decided to go all in on this project.  Shes a 3d sculptor from a pretty successful proxy company
This is the first stuff she sent me.

Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps 4
Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps 1
Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps 2

Its a Dark Eldar head.  Ive requested that she make the piece that holds her pony tail in place sharper and more "evil" and give the face a more sadistic look.  But for the initial showing I'm pretty impressed.  

Gimme your thoughts on what more I can do to make this a successful product you guys might be interested in throwing 10 dollars at.

Thanks,
Ray

Last edited by Rayphoton on Mon Dec 23 2019, 21:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23 2019, 21:38

That looks great, it already looks 'evil' enough that I think the only fix is the hairtie. The eyebrows might be a point though, as no Deldar actually have any.

Other than those two points, this certainly drags in attention.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Rayphoton
Slave
Rayphoton

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23 2019, 21:51

DE don't have eye brows? Like..in the fluff or on the model. Cause on the model..apparently no gw model actually has eyebrows.

Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23 2019, 22:33

The current GW models definitely have eyebrows.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23 2019, 23:51

Rayphoton wrote:
Gimme your thoughts on what more I can do to make this a successful product you guys might be interested in throwing 10 dollars at.

Thanks,
Ray

I'd love to see bits for parts that have no model but used to have rules in previous editions. Ghostplate armor would be awesome.

Also, I am thinking of making a Hellraiser themed Coven army. So anything cenobite looking would be true awesomesauce.

Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps Latest?cb=20120213171959

But I am not sure what is within the realm of possibility and what isn't in that regard.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23 2019, 23:55

Okay yeah, some models do, but no wych models have eyebrows. The only Deldar I could find that had actual eyebrows and not just paint/recesses near were succubi. The rest just have them either painted on, or recesses nearby the area that make it seem like they do.

The problem I was raising with the head above; was that no other model in our range has eyebrows like that, and as such it would look slightly out of place with normal heads. You could probably get away with slight raises just above the eyelid, as that's where most of our models have the 'eyebrows' painted.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27 2019, 15:35

I would be interested in both the "attractive" heads and the cenobite conversion parts.
Back to top Go down
Rayphoton
Slave
Rayphoton

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31 2019, 16:42

Hello all,

My Digital Sculptor lady person has provided me with head #2!

Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps 81699064_461904514749460_8074735088543203328_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=aHg5RXrVg4YAQmzhlAHYBE1RcIKN70txFXQ_EJF6XRn_lNHJoffY6eTVw&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1

Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps 80709083_605269963597223_8710395505391173632_n.png?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=NokMFtGtaZoAQk5Q9TtH7IHiJQtbMtKZgnqd8IpI-Hj_DD8RFHq_03gGg&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2

Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps 81297363_620436028763294_1385529223891910656_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=Xnyy8UlZt5oAQmH8ptL6wrSfslLNN_kRANMjZ4KksZ7O-ahiirlv8HDDw&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1

I have ideas for the 3rd and 4th head..and I'm having a Good looking evil DE head made..but I'm not sure what to do for the 5th female DE head
Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31 2019, 20:13

Maybe one with hair down?
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31 2019, 20:27

Ooh, I quite like this one, the flowing hair will make some good uses for showing movement and so on.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Rayphoton
Slave
Rayphoton

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03 2020, 15:34

To Mix it up I'm having her make one male head for each Race

This is her early design for the sexy male DE

Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps 81619383_850239018764455_3141216574942216192_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=Y1flm8QmS3UAQkNbnKumlthRkDqEpUchJHk4y4WDbNVbTYaP3ziDJzvLQ&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1

Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps 82283505_1070504623296647_1250201087932104704_n.png?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=xSdZSX_IdusAQljEx0Hjcj7mLrzIFRhFl2TQwJcs78Wqpsn1G2nvCWlnQ&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2

Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps 81013777_1227740974096421_5770756571877343232_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=iE_8_ij7XMoAQm1RmBuYP1LjjgAl5w2et2rcSNlupplMuNkTw4yzWepLA&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1

I'll be making some changes. but comment welcome
Back to top Go down
nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07 2020, 12:17

Love these.
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07 2020, 17:50

I'd be interested. Anything to make my Succubus stand out from the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Rayphoton
Slave
Rayphoton

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14 2020, 00:31

Here are the Last of the Dark Eldar heads  before we move on to Eldar torso and Heads.
Female short hair
Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps 111
Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps 222

Evil Guy
Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps 11-1

Final Girl
Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps 11
Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps 22

On this Last head do you guys prefer a collar or not?

Ray
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14 2020, 00:59

All looking great. I'd probably say I don't mind either way on the collar idea

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Rayphoton
Slave
Rayphoton

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2020, 21:27

Well I had her add a collar to the last head. Its not all the way down ..but it should provide a nice break on the neck if you need it. That completes the DE head grouping.

Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps 111

Would you as a consumer consider 10$ too high for 6 Deldar heads?

Let me know!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps   Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Female eldar and DE heads and torsos Swaps
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next