THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First Dark Eldar List - 1000 Points Black Heart

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Duke
Slave
Black Duke

First Dark Eldar List - 1000 Points Black Heart Empty
PostSubject: First Dark Eldar List - 1000 Points Black Heart   First Dark Eldar List - 1000 Points Black Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31 2019, 21:19

Hey there. I never played Dark Eldar in the Past, but spent some Time going through different ressources to get a grasp. I am not the most competetive Player out there. No Tournaments, more into the narrative and Hobby side of Things. But I do like solid Lists.

Quiete frankly I haven`t played much in 8th and I really want to change that.

I have the old Start Collecting, Gangs of Comorragh and a lone Talos. Picking up a Poisonblade Party and putting aside the Cult and Coven Models for the Time being, I should be able to build this:

++ Kabal of the Black Heart Battalion Detachment +5CP [54 PL, 8CP, 1,000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 64pts]: Huskblade, Labyrinthine Cunning, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter pistol, Warlord, Writ of the Living Muse

Archon [4 PL, 74pts]: Blast Pistol, Huskblade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [2 PL, 47pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors [4 PL, 71pts]
. 7x Kabalite Warrior

. 3x Kabalite Warrior

. 3x Kabalite Warrior

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [7 PL, 140pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

Ravager [7 PL, 140pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

+ Flyer +

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 145pts]: Twin splinter rifle
. 2 Disintegrator Cannons: 2x Disintegrator cannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 80pts]: Disintegrator cannon

Raider [5 PL, 80pts]: Disintegrator cannon

Venom [4 PL, 65pts]: Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

++ Total: [54 PL, 8CP, 1,000pts] ++

How does this Look?

The Warlord stays with the Ravagers, the other sallies out with his man on a Raider. Not sure about the Phantasm Launchers. S

Disintegrator Cannons seem to be prefered to Dark Lances, at the same Time I do fear a bit for Anti Tank, even with those Blasters or teh Rate of Fire from Disintegrators. Used to carrying a good Amount of Las Cannons along.

I stayed away from additional Splinter Cannons on Venom and Razorwing, or do people rate them?

Cheers, all the Best and thanks in Advance Smile
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar List - 1000 Points Black Heart   First Dark Eldar List - 1000 Points Black Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31 2019, 22:02

Looks good! Great for a starting force. I would try to get a few move transports if i was you for future buys (if you are going Kabal heavy that is, they like more transports).

8th edition is the edition of Number of shots, high power, high ap, high damage 1 shot weapons are bad in 8th. So always take Dis cannons. 1 shot vs 3, about the same AP (most things now has an invul so -3 vs -4 is pointless 90% the time) and flat damage with more shots is always better. Sure its Str 5, but with rr1's and 3 shots (9 shots, 6 hits 1rr hit for 7 hits, thats 7 chances of a 5+ meaning on average you'll get 2 with 1rr chance, thats 4D compare to 1D6) and if you shoot at T5 or lower (like Primaris Marines) its 100% better. Given its also cheaper, its a no brainer, now a T7, 3+ no invul a DL is better, but no one plays with those lol and still isnt worth it.

Yeah normally stay away from Splinter cannons. Its 10pts for 1 or 2 more shots wth some extra range, given it doesn't have AP, its not going to add much, something like 1 more wound every 3 turns. If you are looking at it that way, 6 venomes with 2SC's is 60 extra points and you get 6-12 extra shots, well 1 venom is 65pts and its 5-10 extra shots, thats 1 more unit with 6 more wounds and still 90% the same shots. Thats why people don't take them for extra shots

But when is it good to take extra SC's? here is an example, if you are playing extra range with Obi Rose and spamming 10 venoms already, you might want that extra range as now your Rapid fire range is even better (19.5") thats a lot of range and b.c its over 18" it puts you out of range of other Rapid fire so they have to move to get to you (unless its marines). But your not taking it for the extra shots.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Black Duke
Slave
Black Duke

PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar List - 1000 Points Black Heart   First Dark Eldar List - 1000 Points Black Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31 2019, 22:29

Thanks Mate, really appreciate the Feedback Smile. Makes perfect sense. Also found a nice Spreadheet on Reddit which only hammered home your Point about Disintegrators vs Dark Lances.

Yeah, there will be more Transports for sure. To be honest Footslogging Dark Eldar don`t fit the Picture I have in my Head. The Buff Warlord is allready a Compromise for me, but he works too well I reckon to not uitilize him.

Coming back to your Reply in my Introduction Thread...I pretty much love the whole Range. I am a big Jess Goodwin Fan and I think (not knocking the People who worked with him) the Dark Eldar Range is a real Labour of Love. Usually with every Army there are chunks of the Range I do not like (Wulfen, Thunderwolves ...shudder...). With DE...I think apart from the odd Finecast Model here and there, I dig everything.

I dig their Fluff as well, although I am usually more of a "Good Guys" Dude. So this Project should be a nice way to le my Dark Side Flourish Very Happy. (Lukas the Trickster was the first BL Novel that made me laugh out loud because of the DE Shenanigans, Duke Sliscus is portrayed maybe a bit overly comedic...but I enjoyed it.)

(Appologies for spelling mistakes, English isn`t my native Tongue)

Thanks again!

I want to branch out into Cult and Coven as well. I am planing on assembling and painting them as distinct Forces, coming together to have some "Fun" in Real Space. So the Kabal List here is only the first Step.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Dark Eldar List - 1000 Points Black Heart   First Dark Eldar List - 1000 Points Black Heart I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Dark Eldar List - 1000 Points Black Heart
Page 1 of 1