THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? Empty
PostSubject: Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire?   Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08 2020, 20:28

I'm currently making a Kabal themed around Mandrakes and Daemons.

(https://www.thedarkcity.net/t18875-kabal-of-the-the-undying-shadow)

One of the components is Mandrake/Kabalite creatures riding atop Screamers, which will serve as Harlequin Skyweavers.

Now, I'm trying to make them reasonable in terms of WYSIWYG, so I'm aiming to include a Haywire-looking weapon and also a glaive or similar weapon on each one. However, in most cases, the model will only be able to hold the glaive - so the Haywire gun will have to go on the Skyweaver. This raises the question of where.

The two main options I've got are:

1) Protruding from the mouth:

Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? VdzpR3Kl

Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? QAXNVRUl

Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? 1b57nywl

or

2) Attached via an arm/appendage underneath:

Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? ThpjzLtl

Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? QihvcRsl

Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? FtMsTQfl

Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? CatL3nUl

Do you like one option more?

Also, in the case of the second option, do you think I should add a claw or something on the other side to make it a little more symmetrical?

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire?   Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09 2020, 22:18

Make it 2 arms at the bottom instead of 1 if you can.

Also there is an older PS1 game that kinda did that with the arms called Einhander (extremely fun game too).

This is a digital enhance version
https://i.imgur.com/KmHRX.jpg

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire?   Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10 2020, 01:44

amishprn86 wrote:
Make it 2 arms at the bottom instead of 1 if you can.

That's certainly doable, I just need to decide what to do for the second arm.

amishprn86 wrote:
Also there is an older PS1 game that kinda did that with the arms called Einhander (extremely fun game too).

This is a digital enhance version
https://i.imgur.com/KmHRX.jpg

Oh that's interesting. I hadn't come across that before.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire?   Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10 2020, 02:14

Einhander is a very rare ps1 game, i've honestly never meet anyone else that has played it outside of looking on the web for people that played it. Very good game too, very unique take on scrolling shooter, a lot of newer games are doing some of the thing it did like deadcells and zelda: botw as in your weapons are limited and you are always swapping them out, etc...

Also you can put it just in the middle of the bottom, add some greenstuff to make it like it bubbled out of the chest.

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire?   Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11 2020, 13:01

amishprn86 wrote:
Einhander is a very rare ps1 game, i've honestly never meet anyone else that has played it outside of looking on the web for people that played it. Very good game too, very unique take on scrolling shooter, a lot of newer games are doing some of the thing it did like deadcells and zelda: botw as in your weapons are limited and you are always swapping them out, etc...

Oh, that sounds interesting. Reminds me of another game I remember playing (though not on the playstation as I never owned one). Can't remember what it was called, unfortunately.

amishprn86 wrote:

Also you can put it just in the middle of the bottom, add some greenstuff to make it like it bubbled out of the chest.

That's not a bad idea, though I'll try to minimise the need for green stuff as much as possible.

I know in the right hands green stuff can work wonders but in mine it just ends up looking like Grandfather Nurgle after a skiing accident. Razz

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire?   Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2020, 22:29

Update - I came up with a possible alternative attachment method:

Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? Sld3y7Jl

Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? K1VMinfl

Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? DNRpvbpl

Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? Qe4mw9fl

Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? FIfRo71l

Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire?   Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18 2020, 06:38

That's a seriously clean looking conversion, it looks great.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire?   Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18 2020, 09:56

Yeah i'd say it does look better, nice idea on the adrenal glands.

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire?   Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18 2020, 11:47

All of the options look great, I would not have a problem playing against them on the table top.

Random idea, what if you were to remove the barrel, and place the "nozzle" in the mouth? The flaired end may look cool with the "mandables" protruding and mixing with the organic mouth parts.

Just a thought
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire?   Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18 2020, 14:42

Burnage wrote:
That's a seriously clean looking conversion, it looks great.

Thank you very much. Smile

amishprn86 wrote:
Yeah i'd say it does look better, nice idea on the adrenal glands.

Cheers. I was looking around in my spares boxes for something as the attachment arms for the gun mount weren't quite long enough. To my surprise I found that the Adrenal glands fitted really neatly into the front of the Screamer.

fisheyes wrote:
All of the options look great, I would not have a problem playing against them on the table top.

Thanks. That's nice to hear.

fisheyes wrote:

Random idea, what if you were to remove the barrel, and place the "nozzle" in the mouth? The flaired end may look cool with the "mandables" protruding and mixing with the organic mouth parts.

Just a thought

Hmm, I actually hadn't considered that. I should have at least one spare Haywire so I'll give that a try. Cheers for the idea. Very Happy

If it works, I'm thinking I might try and have 2 of each type - 2 with Haywire guns suspended below them, 2 with the Haywire in the mouths and 2 where the riders are actually holding the Haywire. Hopefully it will make them look a bit less uniform (implying that either the riders have customised their captured Screamers differently or that they've been affected differently), but it will also mean that I'll have a clear way to differentiate them if I ever want to use them in smaller squads.

Cheers for the help and feedback so far, everyone. It's been greatly appreciated. Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire?   Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daemon-Skyweaver - where to put the Haywire?
Page 1 of 1