THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Alternative Kabalites?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ikka
Slave
Ikka

Alternative Kabalites? Empty
PostSubject: Alternative Kabalites?   Alternative Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2020, 03:08

I managed to snag a couple of boxes of AoS Wytch Aelves/Sisters of Slaughter a few months back and they're just sitting on my shelf. Since I don't have any actual Kabalite warriors (and I don't want to run Wytch Cults), I was wondering if anyone would mind if I took some splinter rifle arms off of eBay and put them on the AoS models? Since most of my Drukhari are the mercs anyway (Incubi, Scourges, Mandrakes, etc...) I was thinking that these Kabalites would be failed Wytches, those that failed in the arena but weren't killed- they wear masks (Sisters of Slaughter heads) to cover their shame when they fight for their new Kabal.

I think the models are more dynamic than the regular warriors, making them look more interesting to me, but wasn't sure how the conversion would be received by other players...
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Kabalites?   Alternative Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19 2020, 18:44

As long as they were carrying a Splinter Rifle, I wouldn't have any problem with it. Since the models will still be 100% Games Workshop product, and they are still WYSIWYG (What You See, Is What You Get) I don't know of any Tournament that wouldn't allow them either.

Post Pictures of them when you get some together. I think it sounds cool!
Back to top Go down
Ikka
Slave
Ikka

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Kabalites?   Alternative Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2020, 01:42

Finally made them!

https://imgur.com/gallery/gKkI3Jn
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Kabalites?   Alternative Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2020, 12:24

Distinctive conversions. Good job Archon
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Kabalites?   Alternative Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2020, 17:48

Thanks for posting! They look great!
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Kabalites?   Alternative Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeSat May 16 2020, 00:24

Looking good! They make nice, dynamic Kabalites

Alternative Kabalites? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Ikka
Slave
Ikka

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Kabalites?   Alternative Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeSat May 16 2020, 00:38

Thanks, fellow True Kin. Some of the poses are really odd, they make sense with two melee weapons but are a little strange with splinter rifles added in, but I view it as the Kabalites contorting their bodies to avoid fire.

Background on these ladies, as previously mentioned, is that they have failed the Wytch Cults somehow (be that in the arena, not capturing enough slaves on raids, failed coup, etc...) and the Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper has taken them in. They shave their heads and cover their faces to both show shame and avoid identification crom their former Cult. As their stature in the Kabal grows, they allow their hair to regrow and will eventually choose to either become fully part of the Kabal or to return to the Cults to inact vengeance. The Thirteenth Whisper gains experienced fighters and will occasionally have useful eyes and ears in various Cults through their former Kabalites.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Kabalites?   Alternative Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeSat May 16 2020, 23:19

Eldar movements can be disconcerting with how alien they are to humans... they might just have a surplus of otherworldly grace Wink

I like the lore too

Alternative Kabalites? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Ikka
Slave
Ikka

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Kabalites?   Alternative Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02 2020, 08:46

Pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/yIOdNmW

My WIP of my kabal. Archon Kyarvath the Flightless and two of the Kabal's regular warriors. These warriors will be integrated into my AoS Sisters of Slaughter squads as watchers, making sure the former Wytches are truly working for the Kabal.
Back to top Go down
Dreadblizzaard
Hellion
Dreadblizzaard

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Kabalites?   Alternative Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2020, 01:25

This is some good conversion work and your story behind them has a good meaning behind it. Keep up the good work.

My old name was *Blackdeath* I love you alien
Back to top Go down
Ikka
Slave
Ikka

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Kabalites?   Alternative Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2020, 15:49

Pics; https://imgur.com/gallery/I6YSh3F
These are my finished, aside from basing, Watchers of the Thirteenth Whisper. The Watchers are dedicated Kabalites of the Thirteenth Whisper, masking themselves in public with their helms or using flesh-masks. Watchers are placed singularly into the squads of former Wytch kabalites, to evaluate the members and judge their intentions.

I will later post some picts of my ex-Wytch kabalite warriors that the Watchers oversee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Kabalites?   Alternative Kabalites? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative Kabalites?
Page 1 of 1