THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cult of the Inexorable Summation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
horrid
Hellion
horrid

Cult of the Inexorable Summation Empty
PostSubject: Cult of the Inexorable Summation   Cult of the Inexorable Summation I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 01:46

-Cult is named for its martial philosophy and the fighting style they practice in the arena and in realspace raids on a larger scale. Main idea on engaging prey their fate is sealed wihout possibility of escape. Most artful of practitioners goad and lead the opponent making their actions the mechanism of their death. -Allegory of the Pane tells of a lazy slave tasked with carrying a fine mirror for his lord. The weight of the fixture became too much and he realized if he were pinned beneath the great weight he would slowly die of suffocation. In desperation he dashed the mirror against a wall as it fell only to have the razor sharp shards tear him to pieces.
-Succubus Pall
-Long association with Lordling Hoar prior to his ascension to archon

I made this it's own thread so you can collect your thoughts and get this fleshed out more. ~Xelkireth
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Inexorable Summation   Cult of the Inexorable Summation I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 10:46

Any update on this yet Horrid? I want more!
Back to top Go down
horrid
Hellion
horrid

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Inexorable Summation   Cult of the Inexorable Summation I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 06:30

-Aspirants to the Summation are most often the dregs of Cormorragh society. Regions like the Sprawl forment the hunger and desperation that would drive someone to "Turn the Blade".

(A live by the sword, die by the sword oath;"By this blade I live or die" kind of thing)

-With a few simple words the petitioner ends their past life surrendering themself to slavery. It is important to establish that this oath is made of the petitioners free will. There is no coersion. The ritual has a poetry as the act mirrors the cults core philosophies.

(A french foreign legion entry plan mixed with a masonic leap of faith and a little Spartacus)

-I like the idea of having most petitoners being desperate sprawl scrags but figure the they would accept anybody if they renounced their old life ie gang members, nobles run afoul by way of intrigue. Thinking the succubus may be the half-born or clone of a noble who was intended to be spare parts? If noble house was purged during Vects rise it wouldn't be like the head of the cult was in hiding.

nothing concrete but another blurt of ideas. Offer any comments/crits. If an idea sounds too cliche or cheesy please share; I'd rather try something new than mining garbage.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Inexorable Summation   Cult of the Inexorable Summation I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 06:34

Nothing cliche or cheesy there. So far so good.

I really like your Wych cult being has-beens, wash-ups, ragtags, etc. It makes for a very interesting band of miscreants trying to scratch out their own glory in society drowning in self-importance.

Oh and one thought:
I'm Spartacus!
Back to top Go down
horrid
Hellion
horrid

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Inexorable Summation   Cult of the Inexorable Summation I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 11:45

The motley collection of hopefuls is a precursor to a "finished" summation wytch. I strikes me as a very dark eldar way of thinking that the aspirants are little more than raw materials to be decanted/drawn/honed away until only the strongest/best/blade remains. I imagine masses of them dying on the blades of true cultists in crude training areas. When not serving their new masters they would live like rats, tightly packed and looking for weaknesses amongst one another. Only the most skilled and fortunate would have any hope of survival and distinguishing themselves from the rest of the press. It would be these few who would begin preliminary training in the ways of the cult.

I'm having some difficulty playing out their mindsets post training. Initially I had thought of their style as methodical or analytical but on writing the first entry thought a David Lee Roth/ rockstar showboating style would be more interesting. Looking at them as a group a gang of killy automatons and how they might interact with one another would be really dull. A gathering of self absorbed frontman/woman sociopaths; that might work.

Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Inexorable Summation   Cult of the Inexorable Summation I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 22:07

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Inexorable Summation   Cult of the Inexorable Summation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1